Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, she swatted the teachers arm away. That changes the "assault" story somewhat, although I am sure the PC crowd will insist it was a "violent assault".
I've been saying that in response to your posts, Finn. What part of 'she slapped a teacher' did you NOT understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
Apparently, some people are defensive because their children lack or lacked impulse control, because none of what this girl did is normal or typical or something that other teens think of but don't engage in, or any of the other things being posted.

Two and three year olds lack impulse control. Any older and there are other issues at play.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:07 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,092,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
But people who would never grab anyone's hat, are grabbing THESE hats, as well as throwing fits. That is the story - the targeting of Trump supporters anywhere, even in high school.
Yes, we’re attacked everywhere and can’t even go out to dinner without being harassed and attacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yet ANOTHER violent lefty. A dime a dozen.
True there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Mine never slapped a teacher or touched another student in a threatening manner. Glad my kids weren't "normal" if that's the the metric. It is surely not the kind of behavior to normalize and excuse.
Yes agree. It seems many here support this girls actions and are trying to make excuses for it. What’s funny is Trumps been in office for a while so this isn’t new. Why grab the hat at all ? She’s enraged still and can’t control herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Where do you live that ".....since Trump's election, many people on both sides of the aisle are walking around with heightened emotions. There's an undercurrent of fear......"?

I don't know ANYONE who feels like that. That's just weird.

We don't have the violent leftists or antifa types causing trouble here in NJ, thank goodness.
You’ve been lucky then as they’re everywhere. Guaranteed if your community was having a conservative speaker or event leftist and antifa would rip your whole town apart to make sure that event was canceled and the venue closed down.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:08 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,819,171 times
She's enraged because her parent is teaching her to be.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:24 PM

19,724 posts, read 12,300,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Whats the point in wearing a hat or what's the point in wearing clothing with logos, symbols, messages, bands, hobbies, team names, interests, etc. on them?

?Why not? People announce their interests on their Facebook profiles.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:26 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,819,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Why do people wear MAGA hats? What is the point?
Why do people have Hillary bumperstickers? Or Obama ones? Or any other name-your-politician paraphernalia? Some people who like Trump happen to like ball caps?

Old 08-29-2018, 02:35 PM

52,791 posts, read 34,690,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
She's enraged because her parent is teaching her to be.
could be.
or it could be her parents teaching her to act like an outraged ninny.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:04 AM

20,366 posts, read 19,980,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You don't think there's a rise in people making mountains out of molehills? This thread, for example?
That unhinged HS student went WAY over the line over what, a hat? She doesn't seem at all contrite, quite the contrary. Then there's her mealy-mouthed father. Whole lot o' crazy going on there.

You're trying too hard to make excuses and minimize her horrendous behavior and most of the posters aren't buying what you're selling.

Since Trump's election I believe we have seen a rise of violence and unwarranted verbal abuse by people, to complete strangers, who didn't get their way.

Look at all of the antifa violence and mayhem. They're the progressive's Brownshirts.

That older couple who got kicked off the plane, as one example, where the wife couldn't just keep her mouth shut and started berating another passenger. Check out her hapless husband. Poor schm**k.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._my_space.html

Last edited by doc1; 08-30-2018 at 09:20 AM..

Old 08-30-2018, 09:17 AM

20,366 posts, read 19,980,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Why do people wear MAGA hats? What is the point?
I feel the same way about adults wearing Crocs or women's pants that say "Juicy" across the rump.

Never occurred to me to harangue or even berate somebody over it much less go apesh*t crazy like that young woman did.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:35 AM

19,724 posts, read 12,300,520 times
I guess lefties want Trump supporters to be in the closet. Maybe it would be better if they knew who the enemy was. I recall after the election, a TDS addled woman saying she was scared because she didn't know who around her might be one of "them", causing her great anxiety and distress.

You can't have it both ways, it is simply a fact that enough Americans supported Trump such that he won the election, and whether they wear red hats or not, they are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies