Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 11:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Student Grabs MAGA Cap, Slaps English Teacher "To Make A Political Statement"
A school kid grabs the hat of another kid...... and it makes national news..... and everyone is supposed to be outraged.....and yes, indeed, my conservative FB friends are "appalled" at this tragedy. Apparently they have been talking about it all morning.

Snow-flakery on steroids.

I can't remember how many hats I grabbed, and how often someone grabbed mine.

The Trump people are really taking the PC to a whole new level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 11:05 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wow, then you must be up there in years because I am in my fifties, and I definitely remember there being limits on what I could wear to school, and political buttons, t-shirts, etc. were 100% prohibited.

I'm in my 50's as well and the schools I attended did not have such restrictions. We even held mock elections for the student body with Champaign slogans and signs. Instead of Democrat and Republican candidates were assigned a color (representing our school colors).

Old 08-29-2018, 11:09 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A school kid grabs the hat of another kid...... and it makes national news..... and everyone is supposed to be outraged.....and yes, indeed, my conservative FB friends are "appalled" at this tragedy. Apparently they have been talking about it all morning.

Now why did you leave out the part where she slapped the teacher?

Old 08-29-2018, 11:11 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Then that is sad. What were her thoughts, that "Make America Great Again" is racist. Then end.
At 17 I would hope the mind is more advanced and would include some dialogue supporting and explaining her position.
You can hope, but that won't make it true. Seventeen-year-olds are all over the map in their level of emotional maturity and ability to handle conflict. I work with teenagers and have had three of them, one of whom is the same age as the girl in the story. This is being blown completely out of proportion by those who want to use this story to push their own political agenda. Stuff like this happens every day in high schools around the country, and rarely does it get any press. Why do you think that is?

Old 08-29-2018, 11:12 AM

This is just another Trump related PC storm in a tea cup.

Can't wait for the country to return to normal, where people don't feel compelled to demonstrate fake outrage over issues like a kid grabbing a hat off another kids head.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
This is just another Trump related PC storm in a tea cup.

Can't wait for the country to return to normal, where people don't feel compelled to demonstrate fake outrage over issues like a kid grabbing a hat off another kids head.
How about outrage over slapping a teacher?

Old 08-29-2018, 11:16 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wow, then you must be up there in years because I am in my fifties, and I definitely remember there being limits on what I could wear to school, and political buttons, t-shirts, etc. were 100% prohibited.
My public high school was quite progressive, students were allowed a lot of flexibility and expected to handle it. We had a lot of political debates and it was not frowned upon to bring or wear campaign materials, I don't understand why it would be forbidden since politics and voting are so important.

Last edited by tamajane; 08-29-2018 at 11:24 AM..

Old 08-29-2018, 11:18 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I guess she was jealous the MAGA hat the other student was wearing was taking attention away from the swastika armband she had on.
Seriously, it looks like she has issues. Was it a special education class or one for students with emotional problems?

Old 08-29-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How about outrage over slapping a teacher?
Well, cry me a river.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:23 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:

But people who would never grab anyone's hat, are grabbing THESE hats, as well as throwing fits. That is the story - the targeting of Trump supporters anywhere, even in high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies