Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 12:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

So, she swatted the teachers arm away. That changes the "assault" story somewhat, although I am sure the PC crowd will insist it was a "violent assault".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 12:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, she swatted the teachers arm away. That changes the "assault" story somewhat, although I am sure the PC crowd will insist it was a "violent assault".
She was charged with misdemeanor battery, not assault, and I think that's even a stretch.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:58 PM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Read again because you missed my point.
Here's the problem:

"her thoughts, feelings, and, yes, even her leap to being personally offended, are developmentally appropriate"

No, they are not. They're the reaction of the developmentally delayed or cognitively impaired. Watch a preschool class sometime. That's the age at which one would expect to see the reactions she exhibited.

The problem is that a significant portion of the left is exactly like that. The need for "safe spaces." "Microagressions." Assertions of "cultural appropriation." Extremely overwrought reactions to Hillary's loss. Rioting, vandalism, and looting after Hillary's loss. Violent attacks on Free Speech. Why? When did almost half the country become essentially brain-damaged?

Old 08-29-2018, 12:59 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I can’t understand why a High School would allow the students to wear anything provocative on their shirts. Yes, Trump hats are provocative .....
Trump hats are provocative to stupid fascist people.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:04 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You don't think there's a rise in people making mountains out of molehills? This thread, for example?

You ignore that she interviewed with the media and made a statement that she made the scene to express her political statement and that "Maybe just wake people up in some type of way, because it's not cool, the environment our classroom is in," Butler said.
So who is making a mountain out of a molehill. You don't act this way and interview with the media because your happy with molehills.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Don't touch other people or their stuff. How hard is this concept?
Most people learn that by kindergarten.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:10 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one said it was a violent assault. You seem feel it is ok for students to physically touch, push, swat, slap and take from other students and teachers. Do you feel the same way when its the teachers doing it to the students. There have been many articles and media coverage over teachers swatting, grabbing, physically handling students not to mention just saying words to them, commenting on their clothing, asking PC questions on quizzes or assigned homework.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
After watching the father in the interview it doesn't appear to me there will be any parental repercussions for her, only legal ones. Hopefully she will finally learn a lesson that should have been taught much earlier. If I were her parent I would be mortified and definitely would not have put my daughter or myself out there as he did.
That's a good point, as she's being permanently tagged by this unprovoked violent outburst. She's 17. It's her parents' responsibility to keep her from being publicly exposed as unhinged. Her father is irresponsible, to say the least.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yet ANOTHER violent lefty. A dime a dozen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
she's being permanently tagged by this unprovoked violent outburst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one said it was a violent assault.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here's the problem:

"her thoughts, feelings, and, yes, even her leap to being personally offended, are developmentally appropriate"

No, they are not. They're the reaction of the developmentally delayed or cognitively impaired. Watch a preschool class sometime. That's the age at which one would expect to see the reactions she exhibited.

The problem is that a significant portion of the left is exactly like that. The need for "safe spaces." "Microagressions." Assertions of "cultural appropriation." Extremely overwrought reactions to Hillary's loss. Rioting, vandalism, and looting after Hillary's loss. Violent attacks on Free Speech. Why? When did almost half the country become essentially brain-damaged?
Yes, it is completely normal for teenagers to have these types of thoughts and feelings. Do you actually know any teenagers? She is not a lost cause, and those who are ready to write her off worry me much more than she does. Seventeen-year-olds do not generally have the sensibilities of adults, but most of them get there eventually. And I am 99% sure she'll get there, too. This story should not even be in the news. It's just click-bait designed to feed the outrage machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies