Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 08:29 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

The girl in the interview is clearly a little *off*. Likely somewhere on the spectrum which might explain poor impulse control etc which would not be aided by an indulgent parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 08:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No argument on being a fool.

I'm not thrilled with her current disposition and do share your optimism in the fact she's young and can change.

At the same time 17 is surely old enough to know you can't use violence and steal private property. Hopefully she gets some help because victims don't deserve to be victimized.
Of course not, and she owes them both a sincere apology for her behavior. I also hope that the adults in her life can model more appropriate ways to handle dissent.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:35 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Because no one here made a bad decision when they were 17. SMH

Yes, discipline her. She was wrong. That's not up for debate. But she's 17. When I was 18, I made a horrible decision that almost cost me my life. You do dumb and wrong things at that age.

Back when I was in school in the 80s, we couldn't wear ballcaps at all. Not even baseball caps with our school initials on them. Just saying.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:44 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
I think a summer full of weekend community service free would be a great start. Wearing a shirt stating she assaulted a teacher.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
It's been my observation that since Trump's election, many people on both sides of the aisle are walking around with heightened emotions. There's an undercurrent of fear that I think is at the root of these types of behaviors. I feel it myself. We're all on a hair trigger any more.

Speak for yourself. I'm not anything resembling "on a hair trigger" until someone puts a hand on my person or property.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

Yes, discipline her. She was wrong. That's not up for debate. But she's 17. When I was 18, I made a horrible decision that almost cost me my life. You do dumb and wrong things at that age.

Back when I was in school in the 80s, we couldn't wear ballcaps at all. Not even baseball caps with our school initials on them. Just saying.

So you believe this is a situation in which physical violence is appropriate? Just asking.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:19 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
I hope the school district has a special needs school for emotionally undeveloped, violent children. Clearly she's not ready for classroom time with normal students.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So you believe this is a situation in which physical violence is appropriate? Just asking.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? Show me where the hell I said that. Maybe it was where I wrote that she was wrong and should be disciplined?

SMH

It's like we have to write at a third grade level so some folks can understand what we mean.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
It's really frightening to see what some pass off as *normal* teen behavior.

Sorry, I wasn't raised that way and never behaved that way, nor did my children or anyone they hung out with.

I suppose if you're okay with violence, this is normal, but most of us aren't.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:28 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,500 times
She did hit a teacher and should be suspended at least if not expelled. Her father looks to be rather perplexed and overwhelmed by the whole situation. I suspect that throughout her twenties she will be involved in other altercations with increasing severity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies