Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 08:06 AM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
All I can say is it was the slowest more boring movie ever.
Sounds typical of a Ryan Gossling movie. Every Gossling movie I seen was boring and pretentious, so now, I just avoid them all together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
I liked it, but could have done without the very lengthy jarring scenes where the astronauts were strapped down and the cabin was violently shaking. I guess they were trying to show reality.

I will say, Armstrong was depicted as pretty humorless and depressed, whereas in reality (as I understand it) he was quiet and reserved but not joyless.

I'm not sure Janet was depicted accurately, also.

I like the Buzz Aldrin character, that seemed pretty real.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:13 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I liked it, but could have done without the very lengthy jarring scenes where the astronauts were strapped down and the cabin was violently shaking. I guess they were trying to show reality.

I will say, Armstrong was depicted as pretty humorless and depressed, whereas in reality (as I understand it) he was quiet and reserved but not joyless.

I'm not sure Janet was depicted accurately, also.

I like the Buzz Aldrin character, that seemed pretty real.
Armstrongs son thought it depicted them fairly accurately.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...202968668/amp/

Old 10-28-2018, 09:20 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Stepping onto the moon for the very first time ever was the HUGE part of the story, not the flag planting.
If they had just quietly left the flag scene out nobody probably would've noticed. They decided to point it out though and make a thing out of it. That makes it more than just leaving it out, it makes it virtue signaling.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:46 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
In other words, revisionist history.
It's well-timed Hollywood propaganda. Historically there have been very few movies portraying the Apollo missions, which is suspicious in itself if you think about it. The notable exception being Apollo 13 way back in the 90's, which some have speculated was fake propaganda back when it actually happened to keep people interested in the Apollo missions. (ie; they made a propaganda film about a fake/hoaxed propaganda event, lol.)

The powers that be know that the truth has been leaking out more and more that the Apollo missions never really went to the moon, so here comes the propaganda arm of the CIA to shoot a new flick to keep all the dupes out in TV land satisfied that it actually happened. ("See! they made a movie about it!")

Just my theory of course. Feel to continue believing the fairly tale if you want.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:04 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's well-timed Hollywood propaganda. Historically there have been very few movies portraying the Apollo missions, which is suspicious in itself if you think about it. The notable exception being Apollo 13 way back in the 90's, which some have speculated was fake propaganda back when it actually happened to keep people interested in the Apollo missions. (ie; they made a propaganda film about a fake/hoaxed propaganda event, lol.)

The powers that be know that the truth has been leaking out more and more that the Apollo missions never really went to the moon, so here comes the propaganda arm of the CIA to shoot a new flick to keep all the dupes out in TV land satisfied that it actually happened. ("See! they made a movie about it!")

Just my theory of course. Feel to continue believing the fairly tale if you want.

https://youtu.be/3sdqB3sJP3U

Old 10-28-2018, 10:36 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,121,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Sounds typical of a Ryan Gossling movie. Every Gossling movie I seen was boring and pretentious, so now, I just avoid them all together.
BladeRunner? Drive?

Old 10-28-2018, 10:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If they had just quietly left the flag scene out nobody probably would've noticed. They decided to point it out though and make a thing out of it. That makes it more than just leaving it out, it makes it virtue signaling.
Virtue signaling for some -- not a big deal for others.

The movie company didn't make a big thing out of it -- Gossling was asked in an interview why it was left out -- being such an iconic part of our history -- and he chose to explain it.

It then became a big deal......media outlets reporting that the scene was purposefully let out.

That's not exactly the movie company pointing it out.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:38 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
They should have just had Armstrong plant the Hollywood flag. You know, the Hammer, and Sickle.

Last edited by Pilot1; 10-28-2018 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-28-2018, 10:41 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,121,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLtgS2_qxJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdfSoWb6W54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyPIRheeOig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVP6zDZN7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBYAxhH3u4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies