Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 09:13 AM

34,282 posts, read 18,661,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
AA has formally been around for nearly 60 years. Policies were developed to address long histories of discrimination faced by minorities and women which created an unfair advantage for white males.

Private employers are not subject to quotas ( targets) unless court- ordered due to pervasive discrimination.

In the 70’s...

I am old enough to remember being told there were ( office) jobs women could not do and males being awarded higher raises because they had families to support. Same deal for promotions.

I am old enough to remember customers declining training because the trainer was black.

I am old enough to remember restaurants declining entry to women during lunch.

I am old enough to remember the “ businessman’s lunch special.

I am old enough to remember corporate travel policies that required females to share hotel rooms.

I am old enough to remember males attributing any woman in a more senior position as having slept her way to the spot.

I could go on for pages.
It isn't like that ANYMORE, and hasn't been for years. Stop living in the PAST. The past is gone, and can't be changed. Stop doing things to the people of TODAY to make up for things in the PAST.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:16 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,265,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The Democrat party’s WAR ON MEN

I am a Democrat, I am a man.

I don't feel threatened. This thread is just more BS from the dark side ...
Yeah, what a bunch of liberal idiots said about white people doesn’t matter.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:16 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,792,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It isn't like that ANYMORE, and hasn't been for years. Stop living in the PAST. The past is gone, and can't be changed. Stop doing things to the people of TODAY to make up for things in the PAST.
Yea, it’s not like that anymore!! Except when we’re talking about dems and their pro slavery positions. Then 100 years ago is great, not 50 years ago though.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:22 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,457,319 times
The right in this country has a snowflake/victim mentality. Helping women is seen as an attack on men, just like passing civil rights was an attack on White Americans.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:25 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,921,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.

It's NOT war on men.

But it is war on abusive, threatening, sexually aggressive/assaultive men. Times up.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
It's NOT war on men.

But it is war on abusive, threatening, sexually aggressive/assaultive men. Times up.
Wrong! To the Democrats (progressives) ALL Men are guilty just for being male.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 AM

477 posts, read 277,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Are we supposed to tell that to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford? Or all those other #MeToo accusers who dredge up things from decades ago?

Ha ha ha!

Old 10-01-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Are we supposed to tell that to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford? Or all those other #MeToo accusers who dredge up things from decades ago?

Ha ha ha!
Read the post I quoted. It is all PAST INSTITUTIONAL bias, not about rape, nor unwanted "groping".

Old 10-01-2018, 09:31 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,689,731 times
It's not a war on men at all. It's a war on the system that allows jerks to rise up to power that don't belong there. They get there based not on merit, but because they are part of a system that allows it and even encourages their rise. Has nothing to do w/ Democrats or Republicans per say. Can be in both parties.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:33 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,857,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.
The left started the METOO movement to bring it to this point. That was the whole motive behind the METOO movement. Harvey Weinstein was their scapegoat. They want to bring President Trump down.

I believe that the left was so flabbergasted by Trump's winning that it threw them into a tailspin and they started throwing together a movement to bring him down by first making it appear as if it is about the safety and rights of women. The same way claim abortion is about women's health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies