Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 09:41 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The “study” does not claim to have included any pot users.

Besides, I doubt that many high schoolers have medical conditions such as cancer or arthritis to allow them to obtain marijuana prescriptions.
As you decriminalize and legalize pot, the dealers turn their attention to minors. It's amazing to listen to grown adults who seem oblivious to the fact that when you close one avenue of criminal profit to criminals, they will simply turn to a new avenue.

By the way, since many potheads here and elsewhere regale us with tales of how marijuana actually improves health, why aren't they in favor of legalizing its use for minors, as well? Do we not want kids to reap the health benefits that these fine, clear-minded adults have received from this marvelous herb, er, plant, er godsend from heaven?

Old 10-28-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It comes up quickly because it's such a good point. And thank you for pointing out I forgot to mention reefer madness. I'll be sure to bring it up in the next anti-pot thread started by hypocritical alcohol drinkers.
Yes, it's logic at its finest. Since one dangerous chemical is legal, other chemicals should then be legal. Drunk driving is often statistically less dangerous than distracted driving, like texting while driving, and since it is still legal to text and drive in some places, drunk driving should also be legal, on account of the fact that it is less statistically dangerous.

Dare I say..."pothead logic?"

Old 10-28-2018, 09:57 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Yes, it's logic at its finest. Since one dangerous chemical is legal, other chemicals should then be legal. Drunk driving is often statistically less dangerous than distracted driving, like texting while driving, and since it is still legal to text and drive in some places, drunk driving should also be legal, on account of the fact that it is less statistically dangerous.

Dare I say..."pothead logic?"
It's darned good logic. You should be calling for the prohibition of alcohol if you're gonna come down hard on pot smokers.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:07 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
You say the same thing when pot users post some piece of dubious science to rationalize their drug use here, right?
Of course. We can exchange links that point to dubious science, biased, or bought and paid-for "studies" all day long. It accomplishes nothing. Neither side of the debate is about to be swayed.

I say forget links to Internet studies. Use reality instead. The unfortunate reality is that prohibition is much more harmful than the plant itself could ever be.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
As you decriminalize and legalize pot, the dealers turn their attention to minors.
Absolute BS. Street dealers don't ID anyone! They will sell to kids regardless of how legal or illegal it is.

However, legal dispensaries selling legal cannabis do require IDs.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:14 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If you drink alcohol yet support the continuing prohibition of marijuana you are a hypocrite.
The guy has written several alcohol/drug and education papers. He's totally against lowering the drinking age to 18, he's also written about binge drinking.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:19 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Absolute BS. Street dealers don't ID anyone! They will sell to kids regardless of how legal or illegal it is.

I'm a teacher and my state legalized last year. We immediately saw a massive (a bit more than tripled) increase in the number of students who were coming to school either stoned, carrying, or selling.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I'm a teacher and my state legalized last year. We immediately saw a massive (a bit more than tripled) increase in the number of students who were coming to school either stoned, carrying, or selling.
What you saw, my friend, was already there. It isn't a sudden uptick in usage. It is just being exposed, since the fear of having their life and career permanently damaged by draconian laws have eased.

I call that a good thing, wouldn't you? It means the problem is being less and less swept under the rug, so that it can be dealt with realistically instead ruining kid's lives.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Since drug laws are unconstitutional to begin with...wouldnt this be exactly what we should expect people to do..disobey, refuse to comply?

After reading a lengthy piece on the drug laws not being constitutional, I made some changes, I will NO LONGER contact police if I see drug dealing or drug behavior, Ive also talked to the employees at work about this and encouraged them to do the same. (we see alot of drug deals in our parking lots, as its convenient meeting place).

Old 10-28-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

I teach high school, Cheech. If you think most people can't tell teenagers, particularly 13/14/15 year-olds from 25/30/35/40 year-olds, the effects of your blessed chemical on your brain are more severe than I estimated.

I see the effects of this garbage on kids in that age range every single day. And most here understand that. Not only do they not want their kids using this garbage, they don't want them to grow up to be users, either. And for good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies