Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 11:09 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
One country had an epidemic of drug use and overdoses.
They established safe areas for addicts to get a fix, but these areas also encouraged them to get help. They were not judged or scrutinized. But there were people that offered help and it resulted in huge drop in overdoses and many addicts turned their life around as a result.

Instead of treating addicts like criminals, the police would direct them to these places or even take them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUXLqNHCaI
Yes, I've heard and read all this propaganda. Imagine if I posted a YouTube video as evidence for my case? Can you imagine what the resident potheads would write? I don't reject any evidence by simple virtue of the source. I do, however, reject bad evidence.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:09 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I never drink. I've thought people who get drunk/high were obvious losers since I was a kid.
No need to judge others. Some people just enjoy a drink or a smoke after a long work week.

At the same time, moderation is key. No need to get drunk or stoned. A couple of beers while watching tv, or playing Rainbow Six, or a smoke in your backyard while talking about this girl at work with your friend.

Like relaxing with a cup of coffee..

Old 10-28-2018, 11:11 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Yes, I've heard and read all this propaganda. Imagine if I posted a YouTube video as evidence for my case? Can you imagine what the resident potheads would write? I don't reject any evidence by simple virtue of the source. I do, however, reject bad evidence.
To you everything is propaganda.

Let me guess, climate change is fake, we didnt land on the moon and the Earth is flat?

Old 10-28-2018, 11:12 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You keep talking about reality. You’re talking about your perception of reality. The real facts, evidence, and statistics that reflect actual reality are set forth in all the studies I post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
But that’s not what this topic is about. It’s about science and medical studies on the effects of legalization on dropout rates.
I'm sorry, I am not going to let you get by with your typical method of deflection and avoidance by saying it is off-topic. You do that way too often.

You believe in marijuana induced baby killing and face eating precisely because you cited research links that support your position on it. Do you not remember that?

As quoted above, you said in this very thread all your science and research is supported in the links you post. When you include the baby killing and face eating research, it exposes your extreme ignorance and lack of experience on the subject. That is quite on-topic because you are the original poster, and brought up the subject of the validity of your links yourself.

But go ahead and call my post off-topic because it didn't mention dropout rates.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I'm a teacher and my state legalized last year. We immediately saw a massive (a bit more than tripled) increase in the number of students who were coming to school either stoned, carrying, or selling.
And you no doubt see what I and my colleagues see everyday: marijuana users are more, not less, agitated, and we get more problem behavior from them when they're stoned, not less.

I don't make these posts to try to convince potheads. They will always rationalize their behavior. That's what humans do. I post this stuff for the people in the middle who are barraged with pro-pot propaganda from folks either trying to legitimize their drug abuse or by those who see profits coming from its legalization.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:14 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Yes, Mr. Libertarian Utopian Fantacist, if I believe there should be restrictions on chemicals that cause untold damage to our society, I must believe that we all belong to "Da State." Well reasoned.
Then you need to be consistent with that view - all drugs, food, religious/ideological belief. and chemicals that can be seen to damage society, must go.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
To you everything is propaganda.

Let me guess, climate change is fake, we didnt land on the moon and the Earth is flat?
I vote almost exclusively Democratic and have talked about global warming for twenty years. You see, friend, I reject pseudoscientific propaganda at all times. It's my consistency that confounds political religionists. THe Left loves me when I talk about global warming, but hates me when I talk about the dangers of marijuana based upon actual science or when I speak out against trans mania, which is sometimes defended with similar junk science.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:16 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
People who use cannabis are going to regardless of legality. It’s really a no brainer to legalize it at this point. Treat it like alcohol. The amount of money saved and taxes generated for localities is a win win.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It's darned good logic. You should be calling for the prohibition of alcohol if you're gonna come down hard on pot smokers.
I have.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:18 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Also, the laws’ impact doesn’t seem to be limited to high school. “Our study suggests that the passage of medical-marijuana laws could have led to 5.9 percent fewer high-school graduates going on to college,” Dr. Plunk says. “And of those students who began college, these laws also could have led to 1.9 percent fewer of them completing a college degree. This represents an enormous unintended consequence for America’s youth.”

This study led to many possibilities, but few conclusions.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies