Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 12:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Sounds like both.
Quote:
I just calling you out on a statement you made. No need to feel sorry for yourself.

Again you are attempting to justify him being shot. What the trigger happy cop did was completely uncalled for and unprofessional.
Trust me, I do not feel sorry for myself, but lets keep this thread about the topic, not about me or you, if you are capable of doing that, then we can disagree like adults, but until then you aren't adding any value with your taunts.

Bottom line is that a cop shot someone who was illegally in possession of a weapon. In other words, he was seen as a threat to the general public welfare since he had no business carrying a gun in public and was refusing to obey the LEO commands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 12:41 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Where are the moderate gun owners when something like this happens? You all pounced on Muslims for not speaking up after terrorist attacks, where are you lot after events like this?
I don't remember seeing that on the gun forums I frequent. Most of us are logical thinkers and don't need someone to speak up concerning another person's actions.

As far as getting a cohesive message out, gun owners are a very diverse group and stick their opinions. Even the 2nd Amendment supporters on this site are not in 100% agreement on everything. Since we don't get our talking points from our handlers, we usually just keep quiet until all the facts are in.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
In this case, but we all know that cops have shot a lot of people who were unarmed. It doesn't matter if cops see a gun or not, they have to assume you have a gun. This has an detrimental effect on the way police and civilians interact with one another.
We all know civilians shoot civilians, too.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:42 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Bottom line is that a cop shot someone who was illegally in possession of a weapon. In other words, he was seen as a threat to the general public welfare since he had no business carrying a gun in public and was refusing to obey the LEO commands.
You actually don't know if that was what transpired, so why do you keep repeating this statement like it is a fact.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:43 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'd really like to hear Dana Loesch chime in on this situationthat outspoken NRA Spokeswoman. The lady with the dark hair.
Ah yes, the NRA's paid crisis actress. She's such a delightful person.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:44 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Where are the moderate gun owners when something like this happens? You all pounced on Muslims for not speaking up after terrorist attacks, where are you lot after events like this?
Any lawful gun owner would call out the fact that he shouldn't have had a gun on him in the first place. Trying to apprehend someone like you're a cop is another no no. Defend yourself and others if necessary, doesn't say his life or others were in immediate danger, but once the threat is over let the police handle it. If he was still alive he'd been arrested and charged with a crime. This would be like someone's house getting shot at and they ran outside into the street with their gun with no license to do so and play cop.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Impossible to distinguish between a good and bad guy with a gun in the midst of a mass shooting.
And I agree with that.

But surely you've seen quite a few people on this forum state that if there were more good guys with guns, we wouldn't see so many mass shootings. I'm just trying to understand why so many of those same people are basically saying that this good guy with a gun deserved to be shot.

I'm just trying to figure out the reasoning here, because I really don't get it.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:45 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
You actually don't know if that was what transpired, so why do you keep repeating this statement like it is a fact.
That's what has been reported. All we can do is go by what has been reported, not make things up in your own mind and call them facts.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:46 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
This happened in a town that is 75% democrat, so how exactly is this supposed to be a conservative issue?

Hopefully they'll conduct a thorough investigation and it won't be covered up like they do in Chicago, LA, NY, Baltimore, Philly etc. with the blessing of the powers that be and the police unions.

BLM needs more financial backing from people that aren't scared to take on the local government when it's democrats and it usually is in these shooting situations.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Any lawful gun owner would call out the fact that he shouldn't have had a gun on him in the first place. Trying to apprehend someone like you're a cop is another no no. Defend yourself and others if necessary, doesn't say his life or others were in immediate danger, but once the threat is over let the police handle it. If he was still alive he'd been arrested and charged with a crime. This would be like someone's house getting shot at and they ran outside into the street with their gun with no license to do so and play cop.
I ask again - what is your source for saying this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies