Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 12:31 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The non-reaction of the gun community speaks volumes. Race has everything to do with it.
There is a lot of discussion at the different gun related forums I frequent. Should we be protesting in the street? I can't until after work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 12:32 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You said My point was, criminal with a gun got shot.

My point to you is that the statements made by the Chief of Police indicate that the death of Mr Jamel was totally uncalled for and a complete tragedy. It comes across like you are attempting to justify his death.
No, you want me to come across as "justifying" his death because your anti-gun mentality needs to have someone to make a villain so that you can scare people and point at all of the horrible "gun nuts" or whatever your chosen pet name is.

Like I said, I'm not happy someone died, but at the end of the day the man who the police killed was committing a criminal act by carrying a loaded weapon in public without a license. A law was clearly and intentionally broken. The person breaking the law knows the stigma and alarm raised by such an act. Although the consequences for him were tragic, they were certainly not an unknown, especially in todays tense times.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:33 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
There is a lot of discussion at the different gun related forums I frequent. Should we be protesting in the street? I can't until after work.
Where are the moderate gun owners when something like this happens? You all pounced on Muslims for not speaking up after terrorist attacks, where are you lot after events like this?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I did not type that. I said that most people say that. In fact, they even make movies about them. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1114740/

In fact, I know a lot of people in personal security and all are trained and most have former military experience.
OK then. Personally, I assume that a person officially employed as a security guard and on duty has the requisite training and official paperwork. What do you assume?

So we're waiting on the release of the security footage in order to determine which story is more credible - the cops' story or the witnesses' story.

Now I have no idea what is on those tapes - and neither do you - but I have to admit that I suspect those tapes would be in circulation right this minute if they unambiguously supported the cops' version.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:36 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
No, you want me to come across as "justifying" his death because your anti-gun mentality needs to have someone to make a villain so that you can scare people and point at all of the horrible "gun nuts" or whatever your chosen pet name is.
I just calling you out on a statement you made. No need to feel sorry for yourself.

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not happy someone died, but at the end of the day the man who the police killed was committing a criminal act by carrying a loaded weapon in public without a license. A law was clearly and intentionally broken. The person breaking the law knows the stigma and alarm raised by such an act. Although the consequences for him were tragic, they were certainly not an unknown, especially in todays tense times.
Again you are attempting to justify him being shot. What the trigger happy cop did was completely uncalled for and unprofessional.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:

Please cite your source for this.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
And actually just doing some quick reading:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/14/66773...police-now-say

Yeah, I retract what I said, doesn't sound like a cop problem. Sounds like a dummy problem where people still think they have something to gain by ignoring the demands of an officer with a gun pointed at them.
Bar kicked out some rowdy drunks. Some or all of them returned and started shooting. Bouncer chased and captured one of the shooters outside. He had the shooter pressed down with his knee on his back and his gun pressed to his back.

Bouncer was not wearing attire that differentiated him from anyone else.

An officer reportedly told the bouncer to drop his gun, multiple times. The bouncer did not. The officer shot him 4 x.

Some witnesses claimed otherwise.

I was not there.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
And actually just doing some quick reading:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/14/66773...police-now-say

Yeah, I retract what I said, doesn't sound like a cop problem. Sounds like a dummy problem where people still think they have something to gain by ignoring the demands of an officer with a gun pointed at them.

If you read the story, multiple witness's put the blame right on the cop as many were shouting that he was a security guard. Sounds like the cops are trying to cover their butts on this one.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:40 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
The other thread on Jemel Roberson is clogged up with fluff.

Let's hear it. What do conservatives and the NRA think about the Jemel Roberson case?
It has nothing to do with the NRA or Conservatives, but keep digging until you reach the Earth's molten core if you want.

It actually has more to do with unions than the NRA or Conservatives.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So good guys with a gun should take no actions in a shooting situation?

Remind me. Have you ever made the argument that mass shootings wouldn't occur if there were more good guys with guns? Explain how that works if good guys with guns shouldn't use them.
Impossible to distinguish between a good and bad guy with a gun in the midst of a mass shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies