Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 04:12 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
She did not get a medical exam.

"They were interviewed by agents to determine if they needed medical care."

"Her father signed a form saying he and Jakelin were healthy."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/us/gu...-st=1544909805

Given that this man was from an indigenous tribe in Guatemala and spoke a language that it is doubtful the agents were fluent in, there's at least a fair chance the father had no idea what was being asked. It is even less likely he could read what he was signing.

Still doesn't answer the question of whether they were given water.
Dude, do you think CBP is going to call ambulance or medevac (medevac can cost in the ten of thousand of dollars) for every migrant even if the migrant told CBP that he or she is OK & refused medical attention?

At this point I am not sure if you are trolling or just dumb.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:14 PM

467 posts, read 1,045,626 times
Quote:
She did not get a medical exam.

"They were interviewed by agents to determine if they needed medical care."

"Her father signed a form saying he and Jakelin were healthy."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/us/gu...-st=1544909805

Given that this man was from an indigenous tribe in Guatemala and spoke a language that it is doubtful the agents were fluent in, there's at least a fair chance the father had no idea what was being asked. It is even less likely he could read what he was signing.

Still doesn't answer the question of whether they were given water.
You’re right, she was not given a medical exam...she was given a helicopter ride to a hospital. Even in a hospital setting, sepsis shock has a 50% mortality rate. Food and water doesn’t cure sepsis shock, but I’m sure you knew that.

Congrats, you’ve got that troll thing down well.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:16 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,344,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
10 p.m.

A bus left border patrol Station in Lordsburg, New Mexico, to pick up the group of migrants. The station is about 90 minutes away.

December 7

12:18 a.m.

The bus arrived at the antelope wells port of entry to take 50 unaccompanied children to the Lordsburg station.

Around 5 AM

Once the bus returned, some 50 migrants, including Jakelin and her father, were loaded onto it. With the bus preparing to leave, Jakelin’s father told agents his daughter was sick and vomiting.

Border agents called the Lordsburg station and requested that an emergency medical technician be ready when the bus arrived. ...
Usually it's Breitbart that plays with details with The Conservative Tree House & Gateway Pundit etc. outright fabricating. Curious, last night I took a look at several to see how this was being reported. The little girl's picture is haunting with this sad for all (I hope.).

Various sources cited the trip time between Antelope Wells and Lordsburg at 2 hours 20 minutes or so. NOT 90 minutes. Rome2Rio puts a drive at 2 hours, 39 minutes. Notice how the CNN time is imprecise about the departure time ("Around" 5 AM) while other times are more precise. It's hard not to wonder whether the timeline was deliberately left fuzzy to try and support their narrative that the father reported her illness then she was ignored for 90 minutes.

And again, CNN has the father reporting her illness before they boarded the bus - not per other accounts about 30 minutes into the trip at which point CBP radioed Lordsburg for advice and were instructed that EMTs would meet them there.

I doubt it happened the way it's been reported on CNN - if only because their timeline appears wrong - and deliberately so. This time it's 4 pinocchios to CNN - and there is something about a child's death in this sleight of hand that makes that particularly egregious.

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is not illegal to seek asylum until a judge deems it so after hearing the refugees story. You would not seek asylum to save your child from danger in your country...okay, your choice...but other would and do.

What stopped her father from going to a legal port of entry and asking for asylum and then waiting in Mexico as the others in the caravan have done where there is food, water and shelter and I'm sure emergency medical care? The only viable reason to claim asylum is persecution in one's own country, not economic hardship and not even feeling endangered. Once they were in Mexico they were no longer in danger so you have no valid points.

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Where is/was the mother during all of this ??
Back home with their other children. Apparently he needed to claim asylum so bad that he left behind most of his family.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:17 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Dude, do you think CBP is going to call ambulance or medevac (medevac can cost in the ten of thousand of dollars) for every migrant even if the migrant told CBP that he or she is OK & refused medical attention?

At this point I am not sure if you are trolling or just dumb.
Since you are clearly the expert here, what is the protocol for CBP agents when they apprehend people in the desert.

It seems they ask if the people they apprehend if are medically okay and have them sign a form attesting to that. This likely works best if there is a common language and the people can read.

I'm assuming there is no taking of pulse, or temperature. Or is this included in the agent's questioning?

What else is standard procedure?

Is it standard procedure to give everyone water?

Old 12-15-2018, 04:22 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Since you are clearly the expert here, what is the protocol for CBP agents when they apprehend people in the desert.

It seems they ask if the people they apprehend if are medically okay and have them sign a form attesting to that. This likely works best if there is a common language and the people can read.

I'm assuming there is no taking of pulse, or temperature. Or is this included in the agent's questioning?

Why do you never respond to my posts?

Is it, you cannot? Because you would have to be honest, when responding?

I'm thinking so.

The post you have provided in this thread are extremely sad, even for a anti trump hater such as you.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:23 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Its standard procedure as parents to keep your children hydrated and out of dangerous situations..was that true for this father?

Old 12-15-2018, 04:23 PM

467 posts, read 1,045,626 times
Quote:

So troll...since you keep implying the girl was given no food or water:

What, exactly, was she throwing up while in the bus? You keep saying she hadn’t eaten or drank anything in days.

When’s the last time you had a 105 degree temperature? Did you eat or drink? Did you keep it down?

Old 12-15-2018, 04:24 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
CNN reports that the father left his wife and three other children in their impoverished village to get work and have a better life. Not clear why he took one young child with him and left three behind if the issue was crime violence, but it would appear the only issue was extreme poverty. I imagine he took one child with him to bolster an asylum claim?

It would appear that after being detained, people were waiting for a bus to take them to the nearest border station, and that sanitation, food and water was available the whole time.

Among the 163 people detained, when the girl seized and stopped breathing, the BP was right on the spot with attempting to revive her and having her medflighted to the nearest care, where she died.

I hardly see where the U.S. authorities can be considered at fault or negligent. I am no Trumpian and am certainly not an "open borders" liberal but I don't see any way that this was caused by U.S. policy or agents.

Well that blows the theory of the claim in here that the father and child were fleeing danger, doesn't it? Why would he leave his wife and three other children behind in a dangerous situation? Hmm. Besides, as you mentioned CNN reported that he admitted he was coming here for work and a better life and that is an invalid reason to claim asylum which explains why he entered our country illegally instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies