Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 05:58 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW, just wow....

yeah, I know.

Half of the posts in this thread belong to her, and all she does is to blame America, or border patrol. Now she is saying nobody is blaming the border patrol.

Total waste of time. Should have just made my point and moved the heck on. Arguing with some of the folks here seems pointless.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hang on to your horses. Nobody is condemning CBP agents.

That's the 1/2 lie that WaPO & Cnn and you guys were parroting until the truth came out. Now you want to tap dance around it.

We know what this is about. You hate Trump and anything you can pin on him, such as this girls death, all the better.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:01 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW, just wow....

Where are you MODs? This is trolling...…

""Trolling" is prohibited." <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< from TOS....

Sad...….…….
Yes it is, but they let this poster spam threads such as this one and the Liars inc thread with constant chat spam.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:02 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Hang on to your horses. Nobody is condemning CBP agents.

Maybe their standard procedure does not involve providing water. I would hope it does. But it does not show up on any of the articles I've read and the one person with experience on this thread has not said one way or the other.

The little girl was in custody for 8 hours before she started vomiting. Initial paramedic reports said she had not had any water in a couple of days. This doesn't make sense.

Simply saying "Don't blame the CBP agents. It's not their fault" does not explain nor solve this situation.

As to whether we hear about children dying at the border, who knows? It was a while before we learned that children were being separated from parents and locked up.
Nobody except you.

Check your first two posts #39 and #40

Old 12-15-2018, 06:03 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah, I know.

Half of the posts in this thread belong to her, and all she does is to blame America, or border patrol. Now she is saying nobody is blaming the border patrol.

Total waste of time. Should have just made my point and moved the heck on. Arguing with some of the folks here seems pointless.

I fully agree.

I've had a vacation for far less posts as these.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:04 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
still waiting for evidence that someone said a girl deserved to die as you alleged here in #240

Read the posts where folks write that it was not the responsibility for the CBP, it was the father's. He should be charged with child endangerment, etc. It was a dangerous trip and all.

So just because this father wasn't up to the task of protecting and providing for her, it's not our responsibility to do step in when she is in our custody?

Someone even posted that Pedialyte shouldn't be provided as it would only encourage more migrants.

Shrugging off a little girl's death. We weren't the ones who hauled her across the desert. Not our fault she died. Too bad. Shouldn't have made the trip.

I usually keep you on ignore as your posts are kind of out there. But this is important. This goes to who we are as a nation.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:05 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Now THIS I disagree with. There appears to be a consensus here that to withhold water from even adults would be unacceptable. Babies are simply different, folks. IF there are young children arriving who are profoundly dehydrated then it may well be necessary to stock solution and train personnel at Antelope Wells to hydrate intravenously. Oral rehydration may not be enough - or lead to the type of vomiting that impacted this child.

You can't penalize the very young simply because that route is "harder" than passing out some water bottles. It's just basic biology. Kids are different - both functionally and legally not to mention morally (in how we treat them).

I doubt that border guards can just be “trained” to hydrate intravenously. That would be setting us up for an onslaught of lawsuits. The border is 2000 miles long, we cannot have medical personnel every few miles just in case an illegal immigrant shows up dehydrated.

Otherwise, I agree and I’m sure there is water available and it would be a good idea to have at least crackers or something for those who have not eaten in days, especially the children.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Of course if there had been a wall there, then these people would not have traveled to such a remote location to avoid it.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:09 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I doubt that border guards can just be “trained” to hydrate intravenously. That would be setting us up for an onslaught of lawsuits. The border is 2000 miles long, we cannot have medical personnel every few miles just in case an illegal immigrant shows up dehydrated.
Really? You think CBP agents are not sharp enough to do this?

However, Oral Rehydration with electrolyte fluids should certainly be within the realm of possibility.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:09 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould
According to CBP records, the girl and her father were detained about 10 pm, Dec. 6.

They were part of a group who approach U.S. agents to turn themselves in.

"More than eight hours later, the child began having seizures, CBP records show."

"According to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.fdef583a43da

She was in U.S custody for 8 hours without any water?

What the hell is the matter with these people?

What is the matter with those defending this?

She's a little girl, for crying out loud.

What a bunch of ....

Quote:
You're right.

If they let this little girl go without water for 8 hours after picking her up in the desert, I do condemn them.
LOL, you're agreeing with yourself....

Look at post 359.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies