Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 06:42 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

So, the father drags this girl through the desert for who knows how many days, does not feed or provide her water....for DAYS......and in the 8 (yes 8) hours, she died because the of what happened in the 8 hours the BP had her.....

Really folks, you cannot make this stuff up......

Old 12-15-2018, 06:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
Yes I would yes I have over 5 until I went to a senior apt now how about you???

I do not require your answer I have responsibility to answer to a higher power not on this earth as do you imho
You don't require my answer because I'm not on here posting that I would gladly take in illegals, without ever having posted anything as compassionate when it comes to Americans.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:01 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Such a shame her parents risked her life like that. Poor decisions equals bad consequences.
correct

Old 12-15-2018, 07:05 PM

39 pages in and there are still rabid dogs foaming at the mouth and not letting that bone go despite FACTS in this situation. They have an agenda and it involves indicting the president and Border Patrol and trying (but failing) to shame people who refuse to ignore facts even though we're not all on the right or Trump fans.

A new low....

Old 12-15-2018, 07:06 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, the father drags this girl through the desert for who knows how many days, does not feed or provide her water....for DAYS......and in the 8 (yes 8) hours, she died because the of what happened in the 8 hours the BP had her.....

Really folks, you cannot make this stuff up......
It's like an alternative universe.

I just heard the family of the child is demanding an investigation. The audacity.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:09 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hang on to your horses. Nobody is condemning CBP agents.
lmao! what a pant-load

you yourself have basically been shrieking exactly that for the past day and a half. do we really need to drag out your previous posts and rub your nose in them?

Old 12-15-2018, 07:10 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,344,621 times
This new report:

Quote:
The father of a 7-year-old Guatemalan girl who died after being detained by the US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) said he has "no complaints about how Border Patrol agents treated him and his daughter," Guatemalan Consul Tekandi Paniagua told CNN on Saturday. The consul said the father, Nery Gilberto Caal, told him agents did everything they possibly could to help his daughter, Jakelin Caal Maquin, after she became sick on a a bus. ... The lawyers clarified reports attributed to Homeland Security that Jakelin had "not eaten or had any water for several days" while crossing the desert before the border patrol took her into custody. ...

"Jakelin's father took care of Jakelin -- made sure she was fed and had sufficient water," the statement said. "She had not suffered from a lack of water or food prior to approaching the border."
And:
Quote:
Garcia said the father and daughter were not part of the well-publicized migrant caravan that traveled to the US border. They traveled by bus most of the way, he said.
This is irritating. Per the bold, the child became ill ON the bus. CNN later in the article repeats its earlier statement that: "Before leaving, her father told agents his daughter was sick and vomiting, the CBP said." But then it's attributed to the CBP so maybe some of the confusion started there?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/us/gu...her/index.html

Old 12-15-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is not illegal to seek asylum until a judge deems it so after hearing the refugees story. You would not seek asylum to save your child from danger in your country...okay, your choice...but other would and do.
You keep repeating the same tripe over and over. It's illegal to enter the country the way 163 people did. What part of that is so difficult for you to grasp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So the father did not have his wits about him...okay, but personally I'm smart enough to understand that after such a grueling journey just maybe I should not take for granted all is fine and dandy. I'd ask about the kids, but again, I am intelligent and mindful.
Did you NOT read the timeline in CNN??

December 6

9:15 p.m.
Jakelin and her father, Nery Gilberto Caal, 29, were among a group of 163 migrants detained by Border Patrol agents about a half-mile west of the Antelope Wells port of entry in New Mexico.

They were interviewed by agents to determine if they needed medical care.

Her father signed a form saying he and Jakelin were healthy.

What is wrong with some of you folks that you are willfully ignoring the facts and lying about what happened?

Old 12-15-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould
Hang on to your horses. Nobody is condemning CBP agents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lmao! what a pant-load

you yourself have basically been shrieking exactly that for the past day and a half. do we really need to drag out your previous posts and rub your nose in them?

I wish I could rep you for this post. It's comical that a few people just cannot allow themselves to ever, ever state they were wrong about their original position.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
It's like an alternative universe.

I just heard the family of the child is demanding an investigation. The audacity.
They should be billed for the airlift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies