Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 01:48 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,250,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Democrat or republican, which side seems to care more about the 1.6 million federal contractors who couldn't work for 35 days because Trump needs to build his emergency wall?

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...08178690613248
But quick, cut the estate taxes for the rich!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 02:39 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,120,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And where is Pelosi? She said she would negotiate, yes? Well....still waiting....
Trump said "negotiating would be a waste of time". So obviously he doesn't think his powers of persuasion are up to the job. He's admitting that he's a lousy negotiator.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:21 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,854,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And where is Pelosi? She said she would negotiate, yes? Well....still waiting....
There is a bipartesan committee doing the negotiating. From what I understand, neither Trump nor Pelosi are part of this group.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:24 PM

51,671 posts, read 25,918,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There is a bipartesan committee doing the negotiating. From what I understand, neither Trump nor Pelosi are part of this group.
Staff are meeting to negotiate some sort of solution.

We'll see how that goes.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:34 PM

46,376 posts, read 27,210,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump said "negotiating would be a waste of time". So obviously he doesn't think his powers of persuasion are up to the job. He's admitting that he's a lousy negotiator.

Prior to the shutdown, yes?

She said DURING the shutdown she said open the government and we can negotiate...yes?

Old 02-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Democrat or republican, which side seems to care more about the 1.6 million federal contractors who couldn't work for 35 days because Trump needs to build his emergency wall?

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...08178690613248

So, where are all the other votes? I assume it is in the house.....since the dems now own the house, it should have already been passed, right?

Old 02-04-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

Have a link?

Old 02-04-2019, 04:06 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,065,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Seriously? Textbook scammer. Little old ladies are warned about just this sort of " home improvement" scam every day. Who in their right mind gives a suit and tie contractor with multiple bankruptcies ANY $$$ for work based on nothing but rhetoric?
3rd World Countries are supposed to use the money for OBVIOUS food shelter and clothing. To established institutions. Works like our welfare system. That s the plan.
As for third world countries---yeah, sure "that's the plan" but no one is demanding to see the details before this country hands over billions to corrupt oligarchs?

FYI --- Who is this "contractor with multiple bankruptcies that you are yammering about"? Trump? I have news for you. The money for the border barriers isn't just handed over to Trump with a check made out to him. I'm surprised that you don't know such basic things.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:09 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,065,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Who in their right mind would give a "suit and tie contractor" with multiple bankruptcies and reputation for not holding up his end of contracts any amount of money for anything?

Just because Trump supporters believe this con man's BS doesn't meant the rest of us will.
You, apparently, think that the money will come in the form as a personal check to Trump. I'm surprised that you think that's the way it works.

So, we should believe Pelosi and Schumer because, according to you, they are such honest people? Oh...you are soooo naive. Democrats have proven themselves to be untrustworthy but you don't care.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:23 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,359,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Maybe what's wrong is to forever put differing points of view into the "leftie" and/or right-wing pidgin holes rather than simply stick to what's right vs wrong, true or false, but my point about the number of comments in this thread (lost on some) is that no facts, reason or logic helps to reconcile what everyone already knows and thinks per their preconceived notions and bias.

Or just what has been accomplished along those lines going on near 6,000 comments now?

I've also explained why this dynamic and truth holds true more than a few times in this forum, and although I appreciate what seems the want of intelligent exchange on your part, the influences that prevent that sort of exchange in this forum are formidable.
The influences that prevent that sort of exchange on the national stage also are formidable. Fortunately no one on this forum is responsible to the country and so we are free to pontificate away. Some for amusement ... some to be argumentative ... some for ideology ... some simply to speak, void or not for that's in the end irrelevant. For as you say in your first paragraph maybe it's enough to stick to our various versions of right vs wrong, truth or falseness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies