Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 07:37 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
What a letdown for all you Trumplings. No national emergency and NO WALL!!! But I'm guessing the lesson will yet again go unlearned.

Don't be so sure about that.

That's still an option.

Trump is trying to work with the Democrats but the Democrats are playing partisan politics after agreeing to a wall before Trump became President, when after a time nothing happens (which I think will be sooner rather than later) that option will come into play like it or not. Trump is holding all of the cards and he'll have the last say if the Democrats keep on playing political games.

589 posts, read 300,353 times
At least Trump is voicing and putting action to what he was elected to do. So, I give him a thumbs up for his efforts. In addition, he used the correct term for these "Illegal Aliens" for the reason to build the wall.

Schumer and Pelosi, on the other hand, just proved themselves again to be the biggest idiots in Congress. They also looked like prime candidates for Saturday Night Live with their droopy looks and botoxed faces.

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Compromise goes both ways..what have the dems offered?
To work through a bill that helps secure the border that doesn’t involve a wall and wasting billions.

Trump cannot unilaterally decide to spend billions for an ineffective method to try and secure the boarder.

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Trump wins again !

Old 01-08-2019, 07:38 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump never explained why it is necessary to shut down the government to get a wall. S&P made the case that the smart way out of this is to fund the gov and then continue discussions on border security. Trump needs to sell the Congress and American people on the wall and he has not done that yet.
Isn't that the truth? That's why the Democrats made it abundantly clear that what Trump is doing is holding the government and Tederal employees hostage to his desire for a wall. It was good to hear that out loud. It shows how petty he is.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:39 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
What a waste of prime time.

914 posts, read 643,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
OMG! Pelosi and Schumer are bots!

NOTHING Trump said was unfactual. They are so disconnected and have no message, just a meme.
that's what baffled me! First of all the faces looked like facial paralysis right after botox shots. lol. The message she had didn't make sense at all, or apparently she didn't hear about all the murders taking place weekly by these losers.

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
At least Trump is voicing and putting action to what he was elected to do. So, I give him a thumbs up for his efforts. In addition, he used the correct term for these "Illegal Aliens" for the reason to build the wall.

Schumer and Pelosi, on the other hand, just proved themselves again to be the biggest idiots in Congress. They also looked like prime candidates for Saturday Night Live with their droopy looks and botoxed faces.
He did not mention one thing about any pesos to pay for it.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump's speech was not great by any measure and nothing new was exposed.

Pelosi and Schumer kept the same message going as well.

The gridlock will continue.
The problem is 50% of a recent poll blames Trump for the shutdown, 35% blames congressional Democrats and 5% blames congressional Republicans. As I've said before, Trump is playing with fire if this goes on and on and more and more people are effected.

As I mentioned, right now it is only 800K individuals and families relying on the federal jobs (furloughed and working for no pay) as well as countless more contractors and their families. The longer this goes (even two paychecks (a month of no pay,)) is an economic disaster in the making. Families are going to have hard coffee tables discussions of paying rent, food, gasoline, utilties, etc. on credit (if available) and/or just cutting out wants and non-basic needs or quiting and filing for unemployment citing being forced to quit and finding work elsewhere. The domino effect is impending.

Another domino effect is the IRS. Trump is saying the tax returns will get processed despite the shutdown which is true, but they will not get processed as normal as long as we have the shutdowns. Processing time has been said to be drastically smaller. 25% of the IRS is working without pay right now. 75% of the IRS is furloughed, you mean to tell me that the 25% is all processors. HAH, my mother worked an essential job for the Department of Defense for almost 40 years. She checked items going to our troops. You can't tell me that wasn't an essential job since it protected the troops. Guess what, she was furloughed a time or two. Granted, nothing near this bad.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:41 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Schumer and Pelosi looked very nervous. Their constituents must be ready to crack. Wall coming soon. Give it a week.
There will be no wall. I know you want it but it's not going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies