Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 04:38 AM

2,002 posts, read 1,174,549 times

Advertisements

The crisis at the border is not drigs, it’s thousands of families and unaccompanied minors coming to seek asylum. Please tell me how is a wall going to stop that? It’s perfectly legal to seek asylum. If he wants the crowds to go away then get a bunch of judges there to process these claims and turn people away quickunomstead of holding them indefinitely in detention. A wall will not help drugs, they mostly come in other ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 04:42 AM

5,036 posts, read 2,137,203 times
I really don't care for either the Democrats or the Republicans since they're basically the same.

What "I" care about is the protection of the American people, the sovereignty of our nation and our borders. Do I feel bad for the world's poor? Yes, but I feel even worse for OUR own, American citizens, who are in need of our limited social services. Sorry, but I feel that Americans... Tax paying citizens of the United States should come first before any illegal alien... Man, woman or child, because we have plenty of American men, women and children that need our support.

And I truly believe that my views do not make me evil or A bad Christian. It makes me a realistic person.

I'm not trying to be funny or even clever, but what are the Democrats plans of securing the border? Do they have a realistic and workable plan to offer as a compromise with Trump? I've been watching both CNN and MSNBC. Neither station mentioned a realistic Democrat border plan(s).

If the answer is no, than I guess I really have no choice but to side with Trump on his demands for a border wall. Yes, even at the cost of shutting down the government for months.

What I believe should happen "TOMORROW" is that both Trump and Pelosi agree to and sign an emergency funding plan for the TSA workers and any other federal employee that is required to report daily to work during this shutdown.

Also, what "I" would like to see is that the meeting between Trump, Pelosi and Schumer be televised so that the American people can hear and see what is really happening during this crisis.

...No more talking heads from MSNBC, Fox News and CNN since each are spinning the truth.

Thank you!!

Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 AM

41,010 posts, read 49,508,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Sounds like what the layabouts in Congress and the White House would say as their paychecks continue to be issued.
So answer the question... Did you blame Obama and Clinton for these poor "Victims" when they shut down the Govt also?

Old 01-10-2019, 06:03 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,217,438 times
Funny that Trump has a problem with "forrest management" yet is keeping US foresters at home. The US Forest Service manages the majority of forestry land in the west. It's prime logging season in the north woods and yet contractors aren't allowed in the woods while the gov. is shut down.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:07 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,764,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's clear that Donald has now taken down any facade, little as it ever was, that he has any real respect for Americans, particularly those who are federal workers or those who are recovering from wildfires out West. Nothing is sacred for him.

It's not so much that he has a personal vendetta against these two groups; it's that he sees them as useful pawns in his strategy to inflict maximum collateral damage in order to (1) generate leverage for what he wants, and (2) punish factions that haven't supported him.

He doesn't give two ****s about "forrest management" (idiot still can't spell). Some of the worst and most expensive fires have started on FEDERAL LAND, and he hasn't cared about managing those forests. If this was happening in Kentucky or West Virginia, he'd be all over handing out that money and taking credit. He didn't play these games with all the conservative country areas where they built homes in flood plans and got wiped out in the last rounds of hurricanes. This is simply about punishing CA stakeholders who didn't support on immigration policy. If the most expedient way is lashing out at CA wildfire victims who lost everything they have and rely on that aid and temp shelter provided by FEMA, then so be it to him.

Similarly, with Fed workers, he basically took 800K Americans and their families hostage in an effort to strong-arm Congress into following his orders. He thinks their suffering is his leverage to make the House kneel before him. Meanwhile, as Donald talks about a crisis of safety at the border, the irony is that he's manufacturing the next crisis of safety with more Americans in the crosshairs - TSA stretching thin, air traffic controllers working for free, airline inspections reducing, food safety inspections reducing, drug approvals on hold, coast guard not functioning, etc. While some conservatives will laugh about how we don't need Fed air traffic controllers etc., they are frankly stupid, and most of us adults know better. There is a margin of safety we have come to assume, and as we take more of those players off the field, that margin will erode at some point and produce more American victims.

He isn't a patriot. He isn't a worthy President. He's not even a basically decent human. He is a craven, despicable hostage taker.

Your post is nothing but a self serving pile of hubris completely devoid of facts and truth.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:39 AM

16,785 posts, read 8,281,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Explain Please ...... Exactly what part of Non Funding of Homeland Security and Continuing Resolution for 30 days ..... do you not understand?

Pelosi/Schumer refuse to fund Homeland Security and ONLY will accept a "kick the can down the road" for less than 30 days. THAT absolutely guarantees that Federal Workers do NOT get Paychecks.

Any Federal Worker needs to send a Thank You note to Nancy.
The trolling by Trump is the same as when he fires people who have already resigned.

What ever he tweets is not trolling, it is just lying.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:47 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Drama queen democrats and media lying as usual about what is said.

Lying drama queen, you spout...

Very amusing.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:30 AM

7,412 posts, read 2,731,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Drama queen democrats and media lying as usual about what is said.

Tsk. Tsk. To paraphrase JFK: Are you perhaps enjoying too often the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought?

Old 01-10-2019, 01:39 PM

22,596 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, he's trying to build a 2,000 mile object he can point to and say ME! ME! ME!, an object the majority of those who work along the border say is not the most cost effective way to secure the border. You support a narcissistic, petulant man-child.
Get your facts straight. I know that's hard to do when one lets Trump live in one's head 24/7.

The wall will NOT be "2000 miles". It will be 700 miles. There will be no wall in areas that are impossible to navigate.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:00 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,217,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Get your facts straight. I know that's hard to do when one lets Trump live in one's head 24/7.

The wall will NOT be "2000 miles". It will be 700 miles. There will be no wall in areas that are impossible to navigate.
It's pretty hard to pin down the goal posts.

Will Mexico pay for it or not? Will it be a border wall or only along parts of the border? Will it be concrete or steel slates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies