Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 12:57 PM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
"Women's razors" are crap. I've been using the Sensor Excel for years but the price of cartridges is insane. There is no justification and I refuse to pay those prices and I'm on my last blade. I hate disposables because they are so lightweight and I cut myself. Not sure what I am going to get next or just go full SJW and look like a sasquatch.

The prices are stupid, and sometimes you get a few BAD razors in a pack too. On top of that, they make a stupid insulting ad like this. Some women actually like men and don't like to see this crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 01:11 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Seems to me the people most upset about the ad are the very one's who need to learn the lessons the ad presents.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:36 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
for a real learning curve, you can't beat these..
It's not that I haven't been tempted, but there's too much daily effort in keeping the damn thing sharp.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:40 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
ask ohiogirl81. she's the one who threw tampons into the argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Happens every month.
If y'all were capable of following the conversation, you'd see why the discussion of feminine hygiene advertising is pertinent here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Seems to me the people most upset about the ad are the very one's who need to learn the lessons the ad presents.
Exactly. And they can't even see the irony.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:50 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times
Cartoonist Ben Garrison tweeted a toon about Gillette ad.
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/sta...52080322887685

Old 01-16-2019, 02:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Chuck the nonsense.

This is the [w]ussification of the American male. Another attempt to suck the testosterone right out of 'em. Pretty soon, we'll be like Sweden and Germany, where soft males can't even protect their women.

Newsflash: We strong women who BELONG in the boardroom, would know how to address a male (or female) colleague who attempted to speak for us. And I would be capable of keeping my man and sons in line if that were necessary.

Memo to Gillette: Stick to your business. You can start by addressing the fact that the women's Venus razor sells for 8 bucks more than the men's handle--okay?

Memo to men: We strong women like strong men. Keep grilling. And keep being men.
Ah yes, women love men who can’t control their tempers, their hands, their fists, their pants. Yep, a man who can control himself is such a wuss. I’ll leave those pieces of trash to the women who prefer that.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
You betcha. Talk about snowflakes.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You betcha. Talk about snowflakes.
These "manly bro" types (or the 30+ version thereof) simply think their "manliness" and ticking off all the masculinity checkboxes entitles them to decide the very worth of a person. Then when "unmanly men" (betas, cucks, crybabies, etc) and women call them out on their bad behavior they show even more of the very snowflakiness they so contemptuously attribute to "weak", "thin-skinned", etc. In effect, they say that the very right to even the basics of dignity and respect belong only to those who are unflappable and can assert themselves. That kind of attitude isn't going to lead to any kind of betterment and/or badness purging in the human condition. In fact, that fits in better inside prison walls than outside them.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:41 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
These "manly bro" types (or the 30+ version thereof) simply think their "manliness" and ticking off all the masculinity checkboxes entitles them to decide the very worth of a person. Then when "unmanly men" (betas, cucks, crybabies, etc) and women call them out on their bad behavior they show even more of the very snowflakiness they so contemptuously attribute to "weak", "thin-skinned", etc. In effect, they say that the very right to even the basics of dignity and respect belong only to those who are unflappable and can assert themselves. That kind of attitude isn't going to lead to any kind of betterment and/or badness purging in the human condition. In fact, that fits in better inside prison walls than outside them.
In simpler terms and something I learned as early in my life as elementary school, if you're going to behave like a lout you should have every expectation you'll be treated as such. Not that difficult a concept to grasp...

Old 01-16-2019, 04:44 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
I wonder how much this will "shave" their profits. I am sure the Stock Holders would much have a company that alienated its customer base so they can be SJWs and Virtue Signal rather than have earnings, dividends, and higher stock values. I mean after all that's why businesses exist, right to Virtue Signal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies