Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how c**k blocking is now considered masculine.

I don't know. Hopefully there's a Part II of the commercial on the way to explain it.

I know, isn't it a little presumptuous that a man decides to assist a lady without being requested?

I thought that was kind part of the issue of masculinity. Men deciding what's best without consultation.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:49 AM
Jza

259 posts, read 379,910 times
Quote:
Which means you hate women now.

LOL, shame on you for making me laugh twice in the same thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 07:53 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out how c**k blocking is now considered masculine.

I don't know. Hopefully there's a Part II of the commercial on the way to explain it.

In part 2 the c-blocker swoops in to hit on the woman he just "rescued" proving once and for all that there were nefarious motives behind Sir Blocks-a-lot's supposed chivalry.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:54 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I know, isn't it a little presumptuous that a man decides to assist a lady without being requested?

I thought that was kind part of the issue of masculinity. Men deciding what's best without consultation.
And it wasn't even a block so the blocker could have a shot at the chick!

WTF?

I pointed out earlier that if I did that to my one sister she'd punch my lights out (going for full impact folks).

Since when am I the appointed Keeper of the Vagina?

Old 01-16-2019, 07:55 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

Actually feminists also don't like "white knighting".
White knighting | Geek Feminism Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Old 01-16-2019, 07:57 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Actually feminists also don't like "white knighting".
White knighting | Geek Feminism Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
Precisely my point.

So the ad is itself sexist, while trying to train men to not be toxic.

Sheesh!

Old 01-16-2019, 07:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
In part 2 the c-blocker swoops in to hit on the woman he just "rescued" proving once and for all that there were nefarious motives behind Sir Blocks-a-lot's supposed chivalry.
That would at least make sense.

I don't think I want random c**k blocking to become a fad.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The thread is about razors... Why does it matter what ads targeted at women are shaming women? Why tampons specifically?
ask ohiogirl81. she's the one who threw tampons into the argument.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:26 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
ask ohiogirl81. she's the one who threw tampons into the argument.
Happens every month.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
In interviews, he turned out to be completely obnoxious and emblematic of what Democratic Party has become: one that looks down at poor people and the working class, though they will never acknowledge this.

Beyond this, a guy who dresses and acts like that is always going to evoke a visceral reaction from a large portion of the population, men, women and myself included. When I first saw that photo, I assumed it was a right-wing meme or something. The stereotypical, effeminate-looking millennial-hipster guy, sipping a latte in his pajamas, hocking Obamacare. Had to be a joke. It wasn't.

Much criticism has been lobbed at the GOP for its losses in terms of women among the party faithful. That's probably earned. It is, increasingly, the party of men. What you hear very little about is how the Dems have lost men. The Democratic Party is, increasingly, the party of women. Now, forget those dreadful, deplorable white men, put yourselves in the shoes of working-class Hispanic men and you look at an ad like that. You come from a culture with strong, traditional gender roles and you see a real fancy boy like that. Think that's appealing to most men? It probably wasn't even appealing to most men who voted for Hillary. Ever see those poor sods at her rallies who most likely got dragged their by their wives? They have that look of resignation and an "I'd rather be be getting a root canal" expression on their faces. Pajama Boy is probably acceptable to them.
You had such a visceral reaction over a picture of a guy sitting in pajamas drinking a beverage? Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceMarx View Post
First, it was Colin Kaepernick and Nike, and now Gillette/Proctor and Gamble

Football man didn't stand for national propaganda, now razor-man hurt my feelings by calling me a bully

Why are conservatives such sensitive snowflakes?
Because they’re completely insecure with themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies