Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 09:39 PM

17,657 posts, read 13,451,172 times

Advertisements

I don't give a rat's A$$ if it is.

There isn't a single member of the board or Congress that did something 30-50 years ago that they regret today.

I have a picture of one of our local judges in a mini nurse's outfit with grapefruit breasts at a Halloween party. I went to a Halloween party as a pregnant nun.

Neither of us are the same person today (although I am thinking about the PG nun for this year's party)

Even the KKK Member Senator Robert Byrd changed
Quote:
Byrd was a member of the wing of the Democratic Party that opposed federally-mandated desegregation and civil rights. However, despite his early career in the KKK, Byrd was linked to such senators as John C. Stennis, J. William Fulbright and George Smathers, who based their segregationist positions on their view of states' rights in contrast to senators like James Eastland, who held a reputation as a committed racist
I care about today's actions, not the distant past
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 09:45 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,434,530 times
Did Robert Byrd, Democrat-WV, change or did society change and he wanted to stay in power.

He used the n word on a cable news show late in his life in the 2000s.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:48 PM

3,564 posts, read 4,410,029 times
Look, I'm one third African and I don't like this. I hate this.

Admittedly, I am far too detached from Virginia politics to know and understand Northam's track record.

What has he brought to the table prior to and since his election? I don't know. Surely others do.

Has he been a catalyst for positive all-inclusive change? Yes?/No?

Where did African-American's rank him prior to this egregious early life mistake?

Has he been an agent of progressive/positive change in the lives of ALL his constituents?

I prefer a practical - not reactionary - response to this.

That this was disclosed On Day One of African-American History Month is highly suspicious.

Admittedly, for better or worse, I am not the man I was 35 years ago, and neither are any of us, including Governor Northam.

Again, I am one third African.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:49 PM

Trump tweeted this out tonight.

'Ed Gillespie, who ran for Governor of the Great State of Virginia against Ralph Northam, must now be thinking Malpractice and Dereliction of Duty with regard to his Opposition Research Staff. If they find that terrible picture before the election, he wins by 20 points!'

And another one:

'Democrat Governor Ralph Northam of Virginia just stated, “I believe that I am not either of the people in that photo.” This was 24 hours after apologizing for appearing in the picture and after making the most horrible statement on “super” late term abortion. Unforgivable!'

Old 02-02-2019, 10:12 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,762,433 times
I'm loving this... And all this comes out at the beginning of Black history month... Accident? Lol.. They "Kavanaighed" Northam lol... The only difference is there was zero proof that Lab did anything wrong, but there's literally a picture AND a confession with Northam and the hypocritical liberals are making excuses for him? SMDH... You can't make this carp up...

Old 02-02-2019, 10:17 PM

I would have quit out of embarrassment if this was me.

But this is the same guy who wouldn't shake the black man's hand or even look at him. He's a strange person.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:31 PM

17,761 posts, read 6,999,390 times
The liberals who fall victim this deserve it. They made this bed, let them lie in it.

I hope the rank-and-file liberals who allow and cheer this reap their just desserts too. Every liberal who isn't a minority, transgendered non-citizen should be very afraid. They've demonized and destroyed anyone who doesn't fit neatly into their identity politics cookie sheet.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:37 PM

EW Jackson is calling on Northam to resign.

EW Jackson is the black man that Northam would not shake hands with.

Get this.

Northam did shake Ed Gillespie's hand in the debates. So he was willing to shake the hand of a white Republican that he accused of being a white racist who basically wanted to kill immigrant kids.

But he wouldn't shake the hand of the black Republican.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:54 AM

4,802 posts, read 3,521,029 times
His real illness isnt the blackface or KKK outfit, its the infanticide he approves of. The media has derailed that train and put more emphasis on his yearbooks.
And if its not murder, aborting baby after birth, why is it double murder when you kill a woman who is pregnant..

Old 02-03-2019, 05:05 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,834,758 times
I see a lot of Democrats, such as both of VAs Senator's and Hillary Clinton, are calling on him to resign. As much as I'm against political correctness and the SJW movement I respect these Democrats who are calling for resignation. At least they are being consistent and not letting this slide just because he is on their team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies