Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 07:53 AM

958 posts, read 305,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I do help pay for medical treatments for Christians that Samaritan Ministries refuses to cover.

We all do, through higher insurance premiums, Medicaid, medical bills that are not paid, ...

Samaritan Ministries is not health insurance. It is not a charity.

Samaritan Ministries is a way for a select group of Christians to offload expensive medical treatments for their members off on the rest of us.
I'm sorry you don't like the welfare state, but it's your side that wants to expand it. And for that, you are blaming Christians? Maybe you should reconsider your vote next time.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:53 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
It actually started out by someone from Texas defending Christianity against the OP.

God Bless Texas.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
I do help pay for medical treatments for Christians that Samaritan Ministries refuses to cover.

We all do, through higher insurance premiums, Medicaid, unpaid medical bills that raise the cost for those who do pay, ...

Samaritan Ministries is not health insurance. It is not a charity.

Samaritan Ministries is a strategy for a select group of Christians to offload expensive medical treatments for their members off on the rest of us.
Agree. I would love to read their actual policy.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 AM

19,272 posts, read 17,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
I don't understand why you think Samaritan should administer welfare. Unlike the government, Samaritan has to stay solvent in order to keep serving people.
Compassion was one of the tenants of what Jesus taught, I guess that is lost on a Christian Charity. I guess in your mind Mother Teresa was just a welfare junkie administering to the poor. Samaritan is a business, for profit as it must "stay solvent " as you stated.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why is not the sin of gluttony among the rules to disqualify?
Why don't you ask the same question of the 0bummercare advocates?

Old 02-03-2019, 07:58 AM

51,657 posts, read 25,882,563 times
Quote:
Welfare is what you mean. Samaritan isn't welfare, although their members can and do pay for conditions that are not eligible for Samaritan coverage. In truth all welfare should be handled by private charity.
No welfare is not what I mean. I mean health insurance.

When people with high-cost medical needs are shunted off to health insurance, the cost goes up for all those on regular health insurance.

Though indeed, some likely end up on Medicaid.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,515,323 times
Quote:
You're so generous with other people's money. Just like a leftwinger. Maybe YOU could step up and help the people you are demanding Christians pay for.
You're the very exemplar of why I decided to avoid YOUR type of phony christianity. You give me no reason to revisit my youthful decision 70 years later on.

If you're what your type believes is a practicing christian; christianity is doomed and deservedly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Compassion was one of the tenants of what Jesus taught, I guess that is lost on a Christian Charity. I guess in your mind Mother Teresa was just a welfare junkie administering to the poor. Samaritan is a business, for profit as it must "stay solvent " as you stated.
Who's making the profit at Samaritan if there's no pool of money? But since it is self-sustaining, unlike the federal government, it's got to have some common sense rules.

But glad you are so generous with other people's (Christians') money. Are you equally generous with your own resources? No? Why not?

51,657 posts, read 25,882,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agree. I would love to read their actual policy.
Perhaps the OP could post it.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:00 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,716,497 times
Quote:
No welfare is not what I mean. I mean health insurance.

When people with high-cost medical needs are shunted off to health insurance, the cost goes up for all those on regular health insurance.

Though indeed, some likely end up on Medicaid.
Now, you've done it. Introducing facts! Shame!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies