Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:35 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times

Advertisements

Okay, seriously what is wrong with this person? I know she gets made fun of for coming across as a junior high school kid who is way out of her league intellectually but is she crazy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 06:59 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think they’re scared, Katy, and I remember the feeling well. I had two young children and was heavily pregnant with my third when the September 11th attacks happened. That was a terrifying time, and had I not already had children, I might have decided against becoming a parent too. Climate change or not, my kids’ reasons are their reasons, and I will respect their choices.
I would respect their choices too, but I do think my mom’s advice really helped me. Her own mother told her that. She grew up during the Depression and came of age during WWII. Her husband was in the Pacific Theater. They had rationing, thousands of people were dying..friends and family. Imagine what their lives were like. And then my mom was the duck and cover drill generation and lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis. We lived through the Cold War and talk of nuclear winter. And all the time in the background people were worried about the population bomb and mini ice ages and famine and rising sea levels, and us becoming like Venus.

I just can’t worry about things beyond my control anymore. I think we will be fine.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:01 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
ACO has scored another "hit" with a recent statement in which she discourages people from having children due to "climate change".

ACO is the gift that keeps giving. One must simply think of the most ridiculous thought you can possibly think of, wait a few months, then it will be a suggested public policy by ACO.

Just when you think you have heard the dumbest thing you have ever heard, ACO does not fail to disappoint and comes up with another beauty.
I have to give AOC credit, she is consistent with her theologies....she was listening when she was indoctrinated or she has turned everything over to one of the indoctrinators and she is just mouthing what they tell her to say.

If you truly believe climate change is a threat to the planet, the logical thing to do is not reproduce and try to convince everyone across the globe to do the same.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:04 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Okay, seriously what is wrong with this person? I know she gets made fun of for coming across as a junior high school kid who is way out of her league intellectually but is she crazy?

She is crazy, in a manner of speaking.

Younger people tend to be more passionate and energetic about issues, yet are less than rational with implementing complex plans, as they lack the life experiences that are necessary for such actions.

All of us were more spontaneous and irrational as youths. The difference is that she is on a national stage, on which her idiocy is on full display on a daily basis. Our personal gaffes and outrageous opinions were hidden in our youths, as no one cared.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:10 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What I find disturbing is that her message is being put out there as legitimate and not the crazy talk that it is.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:16 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What I find disturbing is that her message is being put out there as legitimate and not the crazy talk that it is.

Outrageous statements have been made publically for a few thousand years. In most instances, the audience is bright enough to reject the statements as lunacy. However, demagogues throughout history have occasionally captivated audiences and have collectively convinced them to do something stupid. These, of course, are the troubled times in world history.

We have a larger number of more politically active, yet more ignorant, citizens than in past periods of the US. Widespread ignorance coupled with a volatile, naïve politician is a recipe for disaster. Fortunately, there are enough checks in the system such that AOC is just a laughable irritant. Let's just hope that the nation has enough rational citizens to check her radical, disasterous ideas and prevent their implementation before they destroy the nation.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:29 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
In related news, Bernie Sanders recently raised $10 million in less than a week.
Crazy is selling and the people are buying.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:58 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
The crazy thing is, is she's Right! The human population has quadrupled in 100 years the biggest reason for climate change. When you look at how much we consume every child for 80 years thats an insane amount of waste. I think what she should've said is couple's should have no more than two kids.
and there you have it folks... liberals want to kill half the population, to control the uncontrollable

Old 02-26-2019, 09:07 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and there you have it folks... liberals want to kill half the population, to control the uncontrollable
Hyperbole much? Where did the word kill come into this conversation?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:12 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Hyperbole much? Where did the word kill come into this conversation?
liberals are constantly talking about population control, and how we need to rid the planet of about 4 billion humans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies