Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Maryann White right about her concerns about 'leggings', as discussed below?
Yes 27 25.96%
No 77 74.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 07:43 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Such a dumb argument, but I think that leggings shouldn't be worn as pants. Before 2012 or so, they were really only worn for exercise or under skirts or long blouses.

Also, there are some people out there that really shouldn't be wearing anything tight. People need to wear clothing that fits your body style correctly.
I wore them all the time in the 1990's, usually under long t-shirts or sweat shirts.

And, again, mine were NOT see-through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 07:51 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I wore them all the time in the 1990's, usually under long t-shirts or sweat shirts.

And, again, mine were NOT see-through.
Lol, back in the 80s? 90s? I had the stirrup leggings where there was the strap at bottom that went under your foot. No way were they seethrough.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:04 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Lol, back in the 80s? 90s? I had the stirrup leggings where there was the strap at bottom that went under your foot. No way were they seethrough.
I'm 44, FYI, so yes, I wore those too, with the long sweaters that came down to below the butt. But they weren't skin-tight from ankle to waistband like leggings are. And they were definitely passe by the time the 1990's rolled around.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Because I want to. Also, to point out you’re wrong about it. Also, you’re bringing up things that no one has said simply to argue.
My opinion is not *wrong* it's my opinion. You disagree with it. Doesn't make me *wrong* Good gawd. What, do you keep a scorecard to tally where you think you have bested other CD posters to make you feel good throughout the day? Sad. Really sad.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:41 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I read the posts. No one said anything about going to a job interview wearing leggings except you.
There was a comment about wearing a business suit vs leggings. If you missed it, not my problem.

Kinda shocked at how many people are following me on CD and reading everything I post so that they can respond immediately. Interesting.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:48 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There was a comment about wearing a business suit vs leggings. If you missed it, not my problem.

Kinda shocked at how many people are following me on CD and reading everything I post so that they can respond immediately. Interesting.
It seems you have struck a nerve.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:50 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:

Wearing a business suit is not going to a job interview. It was a comparison of different types of dress and the post was not from the person you questioned about wearing leggings to a job interview.

Don't flatter yourself, no one is following you. You posted on the same thread as many others. Maybe you are the one following others.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
My opinion is not *wrong* it's my opinion. You disagree with it. Doesn't make me *wrong* Good gawd. What, do you keep a scorecard to tally where you think you have bested other CD posters to make you feel good throughout the day? Sad. Really sad.
You’re wrong when you claim leggings, or spandex, are not athletic wear.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:

No one missed it. It said nothing about a job interview. Why do you keep claiming it did? Just admit you made a mistake & move on instead of digging yourself deeper.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:29 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:

The comment was from a male poster who said if a woman wore leggings he checked out her butt, and if she wore a business suit, he checked out her butt. NOT advocating that women wear leggings to a job interview, which is what you took to saying.

It has nothing to do with opinions, it has to do with you taking what was said, way, way, out of context and turning into something that was NOT said.

It hasn't struck a nerve with anyone, they just wish to keep the discussion to what is said and not run off on unrelated tangents.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies