Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Maryann White right about her concerns about 'leggings', as discussed below?
Yes 27 25.96%
No 77 74.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 10:58 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

It is your problem. Private companies may have dress codes, but there are none that apply to people out and about. Don't like something? Don't look.

We did a hike yesterday, 90% were in leggings and sport bras, I'm sure a bunch went out and ran errands and went into restaurants afterwards. Me? Wanted a tan, so one of those short/short tennis skirts.

What cracked me up was two tourists, wearing actual bras as tops. The black one was fine, the white, one-ply, see through nylon drenched in sweat? You could literally see every nipple detail. /lol

17 year old son managed to control himself, and just laughed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 11:00 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Women dress to attract mens attention should not complain when they don't like the attention they get or who it comes from.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
There are no laws about farting when I stand in front of you, so I will therefore fart on you as I please

You sound like a child. Learn respect, it's not hard.
LOL. I am old enough to know that appropriate/inappropriate, and things like "respect" are subjective. I am also mature enough not to try and force my views and beliefs on others and control their behavior.

I find it hilarious that you find leggings "disrespectful".

Old 04-02-2019, 11:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It is your problem.
Apparently not, reference the beginning of this thread. Other people complain as well.

So society has no laws on farting either. So I'm standing in front of you, and fart on you - it's your problem right?

Old 04-02-2019, 11:08 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Yes, I already addressed this silly dumb question with a very simple: different venues call for different codes.

Bikini on the beach? Fine. Bikini at work? Not fine.
Leggings in the gym? Fine. Leggings at work? Not fine.

No, it's not just my problem. We in society pass laws, and you need to follow them. Just like we decided to pass no smoking ordinances because we decided that other people's problems are everyone's problems.

Be considerate. Not hard.
So you can control your sexual arousal and feelings of discomfort. Whats the problem then?

This isnt about laws. There are no laws against leggings or comfort level.
Since it is just you that find leggings inconsiderate it is your problem. Most people dont find others clothing style to be "inconsiderate" of others.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I hope you ask whatever diploma mill "educated" you for a refund, because they did a great disservice by you, taking your money, when you clearly don't even know how to read or process what you read.
Now that is inconsiderate.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:10 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Apparently not, reference the beginning of this thread. Other people complain as well.

So society has no laws on farting either. So I'm standing in front of you, and fart on you - it's your problem right?
There are some It's illegal to fart in an elevator in Port Arthur, Texas.
Farting in public in Florida after 6 pm on Thursdays is banned.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Women dress to attract mens attention should not complain when they don't like the attention they get or who it comes from.
OK. Who are the women complaining about attention?

Old 04-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:

I have been accosted by many a fart cloud, and you don't see me starting threads. And yes, it is my problem. I mean what would one do? Stand up and complain loudly to the room at large that passing gas is unacceptable in my presence?

Old 04-02-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I repped, because this is a great analogy.

The people who are saying "your problem" are like smokers telling people, don't like me smoking, your problem.

I'm old enough to remember when smokers were everywhere - bars, restaurants, you name it.

We have dress codes, and people who violate them make others uncomfortable. And the nerve of them to say "your problem." With such people, I'm happy to make their lives uncomfortable as well.
Cancer causing second hand smoke is not a great analogy to wearing leggings. You dont breath leggings, leggings dont make your hair and clothes stink, they dont choke you and they dont cause medical problems. You dont even have to look at them.

Smoking in public places was banned for health reasons.

What exactly do you believe this dress code is "we" have.
The only one I am aware of is exposing your genitalia in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies