Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Maryann White right about her concerns about 'leggings', as discussed below?
Yes 27 25.96%
No 77 74.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 07:38 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Society has. Try walking outside naked and you'll end up on the sexual offender registry list.
And the insanity continues...

So you're saying that leggings should violate public decency laws, is that it?

How very Sharia of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 07:49 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And the insanity continues...

So you're saying that leggings should violate public decency laws, is that it?

How very Sharia of you.
Like it or not, we live in a society. The reason we have dress codes for people out in public is for the comfort of others. There is obviously some line we are making, and people who violate that are equivalent of people farting in public etc.

Yes, I don't want to see scantily clad women around me when I'm with my wife or daughters in public. It makes me uncomfortable. Just as it makes me uncomfortable when you're drooling, mouth breathing self were to fart in front of me - albeit for different reasons.

Obviously different venues have different dress codes. I don't go to nightclubs with my family, but out in the mall or some public, family wholesome place, show some respect, if not for yourself, for others.

Call it Sharia, call it what you want.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:15 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Society has. Try walking outside naked and you'll end up on the sexual offender registry list.
That's quite a shark jump...
Leggings does not = naked.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:44 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Provocative outfits should be labeled "best if worn by age 35".

I know some 50-year-olds with better bodies than some 25-year-olds. Don't be ageist. lol Besides, women over 35 are more likely to be doing yoga every morning.

My mom used to say she loved being older because nobody gave a crap about what she was wearing or looked like anymore which gave her the freedom to do what she wanted. Guys tend to ogle the young ones.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:50 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I feel the same way about Christmas theme sweaters.

Where should we draw the line?
LMAO! I couldn't rep you twice.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:54 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And thats fine as long as you keep your displeasure to yourself. Telling others what they should or should not wear in public crosses the line. Even suggesting to others what a fat, skinny, female, male or old person shouldn't be wearing is bad form.
Just like those wearing stuff others don't like? Can't tell them they should like it.

Keep your hands off my opinion. Don't like my opinion? Too bad.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:58 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
LMAO Just when I thought the analogies couldn't get any more insane.

Who has "dress codes"?
Schools, work places, even many nightclubs have dress codes.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:32 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
It's so frustrating that the concept of modesty always get simplified down to just being about clothes. It's much more than that. It's more about acting decently all around, and what some seem immodest in clothes really isn't.

You can be wearing a sleeveless dress that is perfectly modest, or be immodest despite wearing a long sleeve gown encrusted with jewels.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:36 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
SPantyhose. That is basically what these things are. And it is basically what women's leggings are as well, slightly restyled, and of course paraded around in without a dress on, or overpants, underpants, or really any kind of pants, and in many cases with their girly-bits on nearly full display

Now you have just demonstrated complete ignorance of what leggings are, dude, I have FLEECE lined leggings, and many others are quite thick. The come in a wide variety of materials. Of course the leggings I wear to work out are thinner, it's 85 degrees and 70% humidity.

Using a song from the Sugar Hill Gang about Superman's attire is a HUGE stretch (no pun intended).

Obviously your actual experience with this clothing seems to be looking at pics on the internet and song lyrics.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-30-2019, 10:43 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Like it or not, we live in a society. The reason we have dress codes for people out in public is for the comfort of others. There is obviously some line we are making, and people who violate that are equivalent of people farting in public etc.

Yes, I don't want to see scantily clad women around me when I'm with my wife or daughters in public. It makes me uncomfortable. Just as it makes me uncomfortable when you're drooling, mouth breathing self were to fart in front of me - albeit for different reasons.

Obviously different venues have different dress codes. I don't go to nightclubs with my family, but out in the mall or some public, family wholesome place, show some respect, if not for yourself, for others.

Call it Sharia, call it what you want.

So you don't take you wife and daughters to the beach I'm guessing? Don't watch any women's volley ball on TV (quite skimpy), I would imagine NFL is off limits due the cheerleaders?

How in the world do you manage to leave the house with girls in short-shorts, mini skirts, tube tops, crop tops.... your offense must constant.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies