Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Maryann White right about her concerns about 'leggings', as discussed below?
Yes 27 25.96%
No 77 74.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 01:48 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well yes, of course. Leggings lead to pedophilia and bestiality. Good job! You figured out the plan.
Dont forget drunkenness and abortion.
My goodness who would have thought a pair of leggings could have such power over humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 02:33 PM

999 posts, read 553,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Also there is the issue of the underwear outline showing, or wearing none. I have seen women's entire bare cracks under sheer leggings and when they bent over, could see their genitalia. .
So what? It's the human body. Literally the most normal thing ever. As long as they're comfortable like that, more power to them.

That said, 99% of the leggings I see people wear are not very sheer. You can see the shapes of things but not usually the actual body parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The mother is entitled to her opinion. The kids can take it or leave it. More people should stop and think about what they look like from the back, before they wear leggings. Just because something is comfortable doesn’t mean the folks behind you aren’t making fun of you.
So what if they do? Why should I change the way I dress to please mean people who make fun of others? I never make fun of people because of the way they look/dress. I really want nothing to do with people that nasty anyway, so if my leggings help shield me from ever interacting with them, great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The problem is if a man looks at a woman wearing jeans, he is just looking.

If a man looks at a woman wearing leggings, somehow HE is the pervert, even though the leggings leave absolutely nothing to the imagination.
Says who? I've never in my life heard anyone say such a thing.

Men can LOOK at whoever they want. As long as they don't harass us, most of us don't care. And as I said in an earlier post, we probably don't even notice you looking anyway.

The only time I've had any awareness of men checking me out is when I'm out with other people who notice and point it out to me. They always do it when I'm not looking. It doesn't affect me whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If the liberals can tear down the values of modesty next they'll start sexualizing children. Then they'll start pushing for the legalization of sexual relations between adults and children. Nothing will be off limits. That's what liberals want. Not even farm animals will be safe.....
Hahahaha. Now THIS is the entertaining stuff I come to city data for.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:11 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why is it a problem? Is it affecting you in a physical way? Financially? Do you get overly emotional seeing it? I mean, who cares?
Not at all. If you are the offender, you need to understand that people are either sad for you, or making fun of you behind your back. It matters nothing to me.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:26 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
I don't care if women look like crap in leggings with their rolls and cellulite. Makes me look that much better standing next to them.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Yoga pants...

This is why I've removed myself from the Catholic Church...
Holier than thou preachy types who try to come off as looking out for others, but are mainly altruistic busy bodies who use the bible to reinforce and project their opinions.
That and the church I attended in NY housed, and fed illegal aliens. Aided and abetted. Had proof of it too. Nothing done about it either.

Anyways. This Catholic mother made such a stink I'd ask her for her thoughts on Burkas and hijabs being mandatory as they're extremely modest...
100 bucks says her jaw drops and pulls the feminist card and wails that hijabs and burkas are oppressive to women.

Know who does this sort of thing?
Jealous scorned individuals. Misery enjoys company.
I sense mom has thunder thighs and hail damage upon hail damage and while she portrays herself as "concerned" for the girls and her sons, she's really deep down inside, jealous she can't pull off yoga pants and gain the same attention those young ladies on college can. Even sees them as a threat. How do I know?

I've dated alot of women, women are very petty.
If 2 women wear the exact same dress at a function/party? It becomes a battle of who wore it or looked better in it.
If 2 dudes wore the exact same thing? They'd probably high five each other and say nice shirt right?! Yeah bro!
If there was ever anything I would erase from the female mentality. It would be their jealousy/petty habits/insecurities. I don't know why. I can't understand it. Just seems to me like alot of time and energy wasted to be scorned at the world.

100 bucks says that's the case. I can see right through false facades and faux concerns/faux outrage.
There's always an ulterior motive/reason/excuse why someone chooses to be outraged over what others wear...

So much for...
My body. My choice. Right mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I don't care if women look like crap in leggings with their rolls and cellulite. Makes me look that much better standing next to them.
LOL we can be friends.

Pants say yoga. Legs, thighs, and butt say dunkin donuts.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:21 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
So what is up with this guy? What is he wearing here?

Looks like leggings and underpants. Except he is wearing the underpants as overpants, which is a novel idea. Or, as so eloquently and artistically described by the Sugar Hill Gang in their song 'Rapper's Delight,':
I said, "by the way, baby, what's your name?"
Said, "I go by name of Lois Lane
And you could be my boyfriend, you surely can
Just let me quit my boyfriend called Superman"

I said, "he's a fairy, I do suppose
Flyin' through the air in pantyhose
He may be very sexy, or even cute
But he looks like a sucker in a blue and red suit"

Pantyhose. That is basically what these things are. And it is basically what women's leggings are as well, slightly restyled, and of course paraded around in without a dress on, or overpants, underpants, or really any kind of pants, and in many cases with their girly-bits on nearly full display.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:23 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Modesty is a real problem. People who don't dress modestly in public are equivalent to people who fart in public, who litter, or do anything of the sort that makes the people at large feel uncomfortable.

We have dress codes for a reason.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:26 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Modesty is a real problem. People who don't dress modestly in public are equivalent to people who fart in public, who litter, or do anything of the sort that makes the people at large feel uncomfortable.

We have dress codes for a reason.
LMAO Just when I thought the analogies couldn't get any more insane.

Who has "dress codes"?

Old 03-30-2019, 07:30 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
LMAO Just when I thought the analogies couldn't get any more insane.

Who has "dress codes"?
Society has. Try walking outside naked and you'll end up on the sexual offender registry list.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:37 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
What on Earth does modesty have to do with leggings? In addition, modesty is sunjective anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies