Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 07:27 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
We have the very best care in the world available...to rich people.
I know, I stepped over a couple of dead middle class people on my way in today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 07:30 AM

Well if Jagger hangs around long enough he'll get to take advantage of US socialized medicine.
Trump is planning on making the GOP the party of socialized healthcare (more than it is already)

Old 04-02-2019, 07:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Needing new heart valves is generally not an emergency situation ... that is, unless a secondary infection or other urgent medical issue is also present. My husband was told at 45 that he would need new valves ... eventually. That was 16 years ago. He just had his annual cardiac checkup and was told by his cardiologist: you’ll still need new valves ... eventually.

Mick will be back onstage being his awesome self in no time. There are great cardiac surgeons all around the world. America does not own the patent on good medicine.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:32 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Why not Havana Cuba or Toronto Canada or London. Why would he come to the United States that supposedly according to many on this forum has an inferior medical system. I don’t get it?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-valve.html
Looks like your thread went down in flames.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:32 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times
Quote:
Why not Havana Cuba or Toronto Canada or London. Why would he come to the United States that supposedly according to many on this forum has an inferior medical system. I don’t get it?

So rich people get treatment in the US? All this shows is that the free market works as intended screwing over the poor and giving the rich what they need.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
So rich people get treatment in the US? All this shows is that the free market works as intended screwing over the poor and giving the rich what they need.
Except there is no free market in american healthcare

Old 04-02-2019, 07:37 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Except there is no free market in american healthcare
And the sky is green. The US healthcare is free market and thats why it sucks. Some things like healthcare should not have a profit motive. A shoe repair shop yes healthcare no.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:39 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
He is Mick Jagger! (Kent man like me :-)) Do you think he is likely to be in ANY hospital ANYWHERE in the world with the rest of the 'oiks'? I think you are just trying to justify your expensive medical care 'over there', you aren't a doctor by any chance are you? Keep the population brainwashed and keep your profits up. Here is a question for you, if you are so against universal medical care why don't you pay privately for your teachers, police force or fire brigade? Surely you would then get a much better service from them no?
I really wouldn't have a problem with universal health care as long as the government doesn't run it, I can think of to many examples of government run agencies that are huge failures.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:40 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
This is not well thought-out.

A wealthy person with great health insurance is in no way “screwing over the poor”.

Healthcare is a commodity that comes with a cost. It’s not a wealthy person’s burden to feel guilty for allocating his/her funds into high-end healthcare.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:40 AM

211 posts, read 118,087 times
Quote:

I feel so bad for you. A grown adult (I'm assuming anyhow) shouldn't be struggling this much. Your teachers and parents have failed you in an almost embarrassingly comical fashion. Bless you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies