Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 08:05 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Here we go again with another long-winded critique by our resident all-knowing Canadian.
The name of the poster is the first thing that appears in every post Wahine. Don't read the rest and you'll be fine. It'll save you having to go personal and avoid, once again, addressing the content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 08:08 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
This is basically just......incorrect! The NHS treats rich and poor alike, you cant pay the NHS for preferential treatment, you CAN however have private medical healthcare if you want it, its really up to you, its called 'options'. Many companies will include private health care as part of their employment package.

I am not necessarily against some kind of national healthcare in the US. And I generally don't give a crap about the NHS as it is not my country and none of my concern.

However, I am curious. If the NHS is so good, why the need for private healthcare in the UK?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:08 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The name of the poster is the first thing that appears in every post Wahine. Don't read the rest and you'll be fine. It'll save you having to go personal and avoid, once again, addressing the content.
I recognize that you literally cannot help yourself, BruSan. It gets boring up in that ivory tower of yours.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:09 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
In socialized medicine the poor get treatment...

After waiting months while your condition worsens, you might get the treatment that the government approves.

But even then it still won't be free.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
Socialized medicine is just like ours in that only the rich get the best. Even here in Germany (socialized medicine), my wife has supplimental insurance to get the medical care that is better/faster. No different that what we have in the USA. Way too much is made of "socialized medicine" and how bad it is (as if our system is somehow adequate). Pick your system because both the insurance companies and the goverments conduct themselves in the same way in regards to health care (except one system has universal care).

Old 04-02-2019, 08:11 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I really wouldn't have a problem with universal health care as long as the government doesn't run it, I can think of to many examples of government run agencies that are huge failures.
Do you consider Medicare a failure? Seniors seem to be happy with it. Remember all those signs at the Tea Parties demanding that the government keep their hands off if? Of course, they were not bright enough to realize that it's a government program to begin with...

Old 04-02-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I recognize that you literally cannot help yourself, BruSan. It gets boring up in that ivory tower of yours.
Forgot the thread title and origin of the O/P already I see. Strange; I would have taken you for being much younger.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
After waiting months while your condition worsens, you might get the treatment that the government approves.

But even then it still won't be free.
Another lie, but who's counting?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:17 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Forgot the thread title and origin of the O/P already I see. Strange; I would have taken you for being much younger.
What? I even made a funny over Mick’s special glowing heart! I’ve remained on-topic but for my usual chiding of you!

Old 04-02-2019, 08:24 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am not necessarily against some kind of national healthcare in the US. And I generally don't give a crap about the NHS as it is not my country and none of my concern.

However, I am curious. If the NHS is so good, why the need for private healthcare in the UK?
Like I said its called 'choices'. You can also send your kids to public or private schools, my Mrs has (unfortunately) developed Muscular Dystrophy and we are ALWAYS at the hospital, I actually have 'private' medical insurance through my work but I'm not even sure what it covers (might just cover me) because we don't use it, the NHS has been nothing short of 'fabulous' for my Mrs and me, lord knows how much money we would have spent over the years if we had to pay for every scan and examination she's ever had (probably thousands). I am not going to sit here and claim that the NHS is any 'better' than BUPA (example private company) I don't know if care through BUPA is or would be any better (it may well be) BUT I can categorically say that the NHS has been wonderful for us and like everybody else we could choose to go private if we felt its what we wanted to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies