Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:15 AM

59,137 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good.

Unhinged people like that deserve to get fired, has absolutely zero to do with 'freedom of speech' or other nonsense excuse of this type of behavior.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...g-13736719.php

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05jcI7K8bpM

Emphasis on "allegedly"

"When in Rome, DO as the Roman's DO."

In America, speak English!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The angry white woman probably has a lower education and this low paying job is the only one she is qualified. She sees people speaking Spanish doing better than her and lashes out. We don't know her story but I would guess that it has something to do with the bitterness and, possibly, hatred. Honestly, not sure how she affords rent in SJ. She may be commuting from 2 hours away. Anyway, she needs to keep her head down and do her job. Well, at the next job she can possibly find. So sad.

" probably", nothing like taking a SWAG!

Old 04-12-2019, 11:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Emphasis on "allegedly"

"When in Rome, DO as the Roman's DO."

In America, speak English!
Guess what? This is a free country where people out at stores, restaurants, on the sidewalk are free to speak any language they choose. Don’t like it? Move.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Guess what? This is a free country where people out at stores, restaurants, on the sidewalk are free to speak any language they choose. Don’t like it? Move.

"Don’t like it? Move"

If you want to speak Spanish, MOVE to Spanish speaking country!

Old 04-12-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
"Don’t like it? Move"

Nah, not how it works. Don’t like it? Move.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How is that "racist"? Asking someone to stop speaking another language is not "racist".

"How is that "racist"?"

The DON'T KNOW Spanish is NOT a race.

And they call US the Un-educated!

Old 04-12-2019, 11:40 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
"Don’t like it? Move"

Says who you??

You better get used to it buddy!!!

It's not like in previous generations people refuse to be bullied into not speaking their ethnic languages.

Who the hell are you to tell people to move for speaking a non-English language while out in public?

You guys are going to lose this battle I have no doubt about it!!!

There are quite a few people that in addition to speaking English fluently can speak other languages. I see you guys not only want everyone to speak English but in addition to that you want people to exclusively speak English while out in public. This isn't going to happen people refuse to be bullied get over it!!!

Not everyone wants to be part of your melting pot some people want to learn the language and culture but retain their own ethnicity and refuse to go along with the hillbillies imposing ethnocide on them.

Last edited by AFP; 04-12-2019 at 12:01 PM..

Old 04-13-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Says who you??

You better get used to it buddy!!!

It's not like in previous generations people refuse to be bullied into not speaking their ethnic languages.

Who the hell are you to tell people to move for speaking a non-English language while out in public?

You guys are going to lose this battle I have no doubt about it!!!

There are quite a few people that in addition to speaking English fluently can speak other languages. I see you guys not only want everyone to speak English but in addition to that you want people to exclusively speak English while out in public. This isn't going to happen people refuse to be bullied get over it!!!

Not everyone wants to be part of your melting pot some people want to learn the language and culture but retain their own ethnicity and refuse to go along with the hillbillies imposing ethnocide on them.
I believe you have grossly misunderstood my post.

Our country was built on being the great melting pot.

When at home and with friends speak whatever you want.

When out in public doing business in America have the common courtesy to use the language of the country.

How else are ypu going to assimilate into the melting pot?

"Not everyone wants to be part of your melting pot"

Then WHY are they here if they do NOT want to part of America, which speak ENGLISH?

If you want to be in America and BECOME Americans speak the language OF America.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I believe you have grossly misunderstood my post.

Our country was built on being the great melting pot.

When at home and with friends speak whatever you want.

When out in public doing business in America have the common courtesy to use the language of the country.

How else are ypu going to assimilate into the melting pot?

"Not everyone wants to be part of your melting pot"

Then WHY are they here if they do NOT want to part of America, which speak ENGLISH?

If you want to be in America and BECOME Americans speak the language OF America.
Nope, they can speak any language they like. Free country, don’t like it, move.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Look up the definition of hypocrite, you have no idea what it means.
Yes I do. I also know what triggered means.

Quote:
There’s nothing to refute from a bunch of childish rambling words. Next time, try harder.
Make something else up and I'll continue to ridicule your foolish, childish posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies