Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 11:02 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
OOOOH, the ignore list. I consider that a high honor. Bye Felicia
I've been put on "ignore" as well. It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 01:35 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been put on "ignore" as well. It happens.
lol You've announced it too. It was funny when you did it. Not so funny when you're being hypocritical about it. Not surprising though.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
No, I will never accept that it is normal to get upset when you merely hear a foreign language. Your hatred of immigrants must run so deep that you have lost all ability to even think rationally.

However, you are wrong. I know exactly why you feel the way you do. Your bigotry practically drips from your posts. I don't understand why you try so hard to dance around the obvious. You hate immigrants, especially Latinos that speak Spanish. It really is that simple, mijo.
You're the only one saying people are getting upset when they "merely" hear a foreign language. It's not about that. So when the French get upset at Americans who don't speak their language that is bigoted? lol

It's about learning the language in order to communicate. For bilinguals it's about using manners and not purposely speaking so others don't understand, it's like whispering. Not that you care about the truth since this has been explained ad nauseam. Maybe you weren't raised right and weren't taught that or weren't taught to seek the truth? It really is that simple, nino.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol You've announced it too. It was funny when you did it. Not so funny when you're being hypocritical about it. Not surprising though.
Hypocritical? What was hypocritical about their post? They said they've been put on ignore as well, it happens. Tell all of us, what is hypocritical about those words?

Quote:
You're the only one saying people are getting upset when they "merely" hear a foreign language. It's not about that. So when the French get upset at Americans who don't speak their language that is bigoted? lol

It's about learning the language in order to communicate. For bilinguals it's about using manners and not purposely speaking so others don't understand, it's like whispering. Not that you care about the truth since this has been explained ad nauseam. Maybe you weren't raised right and weren't taught that or weren't taught to seek the truth? It really is that simple, nino.
Weren't raised right? Like, parents say "Now kids, remember to ONLY speak english when around others"? Hahahaha, yeah, I'm sure parents aren't raising their kids right until they have taught them that "golden rule". Lol, too funny.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:00 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:

That's not why most bilingual people choose to speak the non-English language when they meet someone they know can speak the language it's often about maintaining proficiency if you don't practice you get rusty. Why should it matter what a stranger thinks about it for one it's none of their business and second their opinion is meaningless. If I'm out and about with one of my parents speaking our ethnic language our conversation is absolutely none of your business it's a private conversation and you and whoever else is trying to eavesdrop is not in our radar and your feelings regarding our conversation is of no concern to us and let me be frank if any fool were to approach us and try to but into our conversation and insist we speak so they English so they could understand us because for goodness sake they got their feelins hurt I would unload on the poor fool.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
That's not why most bilingual people choose to speak the non-English language when they meet someone they know can speak the language it's often about maintaining proficiency if you don't practice you get rusty. Why should it matter what a stranger thinks about it for one it's none of their business and second their opinion is meaningless. If I'm out and about with one of my parents speaking our ethnic language our conversation is absolutely none of your business it's a private conversation and you and whoever else is trying to eavesdrop is not in our radar and your feelings regarding our conversation is of no concern to us and let me be frank if any fool were to approach us and try to but into our conversation and insist we speak so they English so they could understand us because for goodness sake they got their feelins hurt I would unload on the poor fool.
Oh no AFP is going to unload on someone. Oh the horror. More proof bilinguals are ill mannered.

You probably live alone and don't have friends. Others who do can "maintain proficiency" without loudly mouthing off in public like you and your silly group does. Mind your manners and quit talking so loud.

Since when do people speak in such hushed tones others who do hear them are eavesdropping? That is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Hey look at us we know another language we're so special. Hi everyone, we're the bilinguals. The arrogance and rudeness are 2 bad qualities. You want to be like that? Move to France.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hypocritical? What was hypocritical about their post? They said they've been put on ignore as well, it happens. Tell all of us, what is hypocritical about those words?
I pointed out that the poster has also put people on ignore and announced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Weren't raised right? Like, parents say "Now kids, remember to ONLY speak english when around others"? Hahahaha, yeah, I'm sure parents aren't raising their kids right until they have taught them that "golden rule". Lol, too funny.
Key word parents. Plural. I'm sure that will go over your little puddin' head.
Again it is considered rude. But you keep ignoring that so you can play your little grade school games and whisper and point.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
I pointed out that the poster has also put people on ignore and announced it.

Key word parents. Plural. I'm sure that will go over your little puddin' head.
Again it is considered rude. But you keep ignoring that so you can play your little grade school games and whisper and point.
Again, how is his post hypocritical? Did he say "how lame to announce someone is being put on ignore" when he has announced it as well? No? So, what was hypocritical?

As for the second half of your post, it's just rambling words.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:48 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
Oh no AFP is going to unload on someone. Oh the horror. More proof bilinguals are ill mannered.

You probably live alone and don't have friends. Others who do can "maintain proficiency" without loudly mouthing off in public like you and your silly group does. Mind your manners and quit talking so loud.

Since when do people speak in such hushed tones others who do hear them are eavesdropping? That is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Hey look at us we know another language we're so special. Hi everyone, we're the bilinguals. The arrogance and rudeness are 2 bad qualities. You want to be like that? Move to France.
Nope you people that want to control what language people speak while out in public need to be put in your place.

There is nothing wrong with my manners I've not had complaints other than when people stick their noses in my business and insist I only speak English. There won't be any problems otherwise. But I'll tell you one thing if someone insists I speak English out in public I'll make it clear it's none of their damn business btw I'm not a yeller.

People try to eavesdrop regardless of how hushed tones are some people are just nosey it happens all the time when I take my father to his doctor's appointments and I'm speaking with him in Portuguese I catch Spanish speakers trying to make out what we're talking about lots of people are just nosey.

I actually can speak three languages and here's the deal I mind my own business while out in public and don't speak loudly I don't stick my nose in other people's private conversations and expect the same thing in return. I have enough people to socialize with don't need to make friends with nosey controlling hillbillies that want to tell people what to do.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:01 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Exactly. The reasons why people choose to speak their language they do, if they're multilingual, is totally their own business.

Using a language between someone of your background is not just for fleuncy, it's also for "sympatico" and nuance, familiarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies