Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 02:01 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
In this context, it is rude, arrogant and uncalled for, and none of that person's business.
You can definitely use those words, but it still doesn't make it "racist".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 02:11 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
I am a libertarian that believes that free markets should not end at an imaginary line on a map. Getting angry when you hear Spanish is a pretty good indicator that someone is a racist. What other explanation can you offer?
Here's a possible explanation:

Quote:
She's angry because she has had experience first hand in the past of people talking trash about her in Spanish so she won't know that they are talking about her like that. We really don't know the full reason behind it yet, do we? I had that happen to me before. And I was lucky because a woman who is my friend and also Spanish speaking told me later on after they all had left what had been saying about me. I also had it happen to me with a group of people who were speaking Tagalog around me as well. Both occasions happened in my workplace. So we don't know yet, but perhaps this is what she had experienced in the past which now set her off. If you ever experience this type of thing, especially in the workplace, you won't forget it and it will trigger you if a similar situation arises.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:15 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
translation probably was "Hey, get a load of this fat, stupid racist"

Old 04-05-2019, 02:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,872 times
Quote:
I am a libertarian that believes that free markets should not end at an imaginary line on a map. Getting angry when you hear Spanish is a pretty good indicator that someone is a racist. What other explanation can you offer?
These threads are just feel good parties for race obsessed leftists saying "I told you so".

Old 04-05-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycDfwns61Tk

Old 04-05-2019, 02:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You can definitely use those words, but it still doesn't make it "racist".
Uh, yes it does, if that person becomes enraged at hearing Spanish.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:04 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
She demanded that the customer prove that she was born in the USA when the customer told her she was born in the country so yeah if she's not a racist she's pretty close.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Here's a possible explanation:
Lol, yeah, you keep trying to peddle that one.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Why would you care if someone is trash talking you in a language you can't understand? How would it be better to be insulted in your native language?

What are you doing to people that causes you to be so paranoid about what they might say about you?

Not once have I ever walked by my coworkers, heard a foreign language and decided that they must be talking about me.

Even if your worry was rational, how does that apply to going off on a complete stranger in a convenience store? Are you paranoid that everybody you see is talking about you behind your back?
Not paranoid at all. Just suggesting what this person may have experienced which now has an impact on how she interacts.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:42 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
People like her should move to Estonia or Switzerland. There are hardly any people of color in those countries. They would love it.
What's does one's skin color have to do with it? Black Americans are people of color and they speak English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies