Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2019, 06:24 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Blacks will stay home in 2020 with the current crop of misfit Dem candidates.
Do you consider this a good thing or a bad thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 06:53 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I always laugh when white conservatives say blacks are waking up. They are quick to point out black poverty but they say nothing about the fact that the poorest states in the nation are nearly all run by Republicans. They are quick to point of the inner city slums but sit on their hands when it comes to poor souls rural West Virginia and Kentucky. They took over the south in the 60's and poverty in those Republican led states have settle in for a long stay. Clean up your own house before giving advice to others.

This is what they do - projection. Go into all of these rural towns especially the deep south - all Republican owned + white people - and all of those people are on disability, government assistance, and addicted to drugs.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
This is what they do - projection. Go into all of these rural towns especially the deep south - all Republican owned + white people - and all of those people are on disability, government assistance, and addicted to drugs.
I live in the South, in a predominantly White, Republican county. While I live in a middle class neighborhood, I can find plenty of trailer parks, needles on the ground, and I've run into people on government assistance. While there are certainly Black people on government assistance, I've seen alot of White people use their food stamp cards.

And over the past two years there have been several drug busts. There was a drug bust last month. LSD, "shrooms", meth. And it's not just White people dealing in meth. Where I live there are catching some Black people dealing that crap. It doesn't matter what race you are. Criminal stupidity coming on all sides now.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:57 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Just an impression, but I get the feeling that while most blacks do not like Trump they are more bemused than disgusted.

Kind of like me. Go figure.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Just an impression, but I get the feeling that while most blacks do not like Trump they are more bemused than disgusted.

Kind of like me. Go figure.
My father and uncle don't like Trump. They speak of Trump in a sort of "comical" sort of way. They will never support him, they see him as a racist. However, they speak of Trump as if he is some kind of buffoon. One person I knew said "I don't like Trump, but I'm glad he's opening his mouth. At least it lets me know what kind of idiot he is".

I speak of Trump from a position of disgust. Maybe it's age. I'm in my early 30s. My father was born in the mid 1950s, my uncle in the late 1950s.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Watch the video. You will learn some very interesting things.

https://youtu.be/DWam9FSRvGI

https://youtu.be/DWam9FSRvGI

Google: BLEXIT

Old 04-25-2019, 07:28 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My father and uncle don't like Trump. They speak of Trump in a sort of "comical" sort of way. They will never support him, they see him as a racist. However, they speak of Trump as if he is some kind of buffoon. One person I knew said "I don't like Trump, but I'm glad he's opening his mouth. At least it lets me know what kind of idiot he is".

I speak of Trump from a position of disgust. Maybe it's age. I'm in my early 30s. My father was born in the mid 1950s, my uncle in the late 1950s.
Might be. We older folks have seen it all. We know presidents are temporary and in 2 years (or 6 ) Trump will merely be a punchline. Life goes on and no president represents the end of time.

Buffoon is appropriate.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Might be. We older folks have seen it all. We know presidents are temporary and in 2 years (or 6 ) Trump will merely be a punchline. Life goes on and no president represents the end of time.

Buffoon is appropriate.
I have my own theory on this. Older people have seen it all. I haven't, or at least nothing this bad. I think with my father and uncle, there is another matter. They grew up in 60s and 70s. They lived in an era of "if you're Black, you stay on your side of town". My father is from the north, and he remembers the riots. My uncle is a southerner (my mom's side of the family) and he isn't far removed from the Jim Crow era. I think for them, this is more "well, this is more along with what we're used to". For me, someone who was born in 1986. I've seen documentaries on Jim Crow, but I never lived in that era. I had more freedom growing up in the 90s than my father was during the 60s. For me, someone like Trump feels like the end because this is some of the worst I've seen.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:47 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
More fantasy drivel.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:48 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Record employment figures.
More blacks in work than ever before.
Trump has done more for the future of black people in one term than Obama did in two.
People,including blacks,vote with their wallets.
It's why Trump is still the bookies favourite to win next time round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies