Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 09:49 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And I don't know that they didn't. There are alot of fishy things going on.

The drop in voters should indicate that alot of Blacks didn't support either Clinton or Trump. It indicates further that there aren't a huge number of Blacks supporting Trump.

Anyway, the obsession over who Blacks vote for is not healthy.
Agree here also particularly about the unhealthy fascination (obsession).

The indictment spells out how the Russian defendants saw where they could interfere by capitalizing on this unhealthy American obsession by targeting American people who suffer from this condition.

This is likely why they decided to slant their interference favoring the Trumpocrat Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 10:46 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree here also particularly about the unhealthy fascination (obsession).

The indictment spells out how the Russian defendants saw where they could interfere by capitalizing on this unhealthy American obsession by targeting American people who suffer from this condition.

This is likely why they decided to slant their interference favoring the Trumpocrat Party.
I started a thread about that topic. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...americans.html

I didn't get that many good answers. I certainly found that some people would try to make me out to be the crazy one.

I didn't read the entire indictment, but that is alot of names. Why would they want Trump to win? What do they have to gain? What's Trump going to do for Russia? Or better yet, what did those hackers want Trump to do in America?

Old 05-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I started a thread about that topic. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...americans.html

I didn't get that many good answers. I certainly found that some people would try to make me out to be the crazy one.
I'm gonna look at that thread again, thanks.

Quote:
I didn't read the entire indictment, but that is alot of names. Why would they want Trump to win? What do they have to gain? What's Trump going to do for Russia? Or better yet, what did those hackers want Trump to do in America?
It is a lot of names although it's just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, they had large numbers of employees working on the interference/disinformation campaign, they were called 'troll farms' I think.

In the indictment, Mr. Mueller makes a pretty good case for Russian interference, i.e. for impairing, obstructing, & defeating the lawful governmental functions of the United States by dishonest means in order to enable the Defendants to interfere with US political & electoral processes, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

Clipping a few parts:

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA * v. *INTERNET RESEARCH AGENCY LLC *
CRIMINAL NO.(18 U.S.C. §§ 2, 371, 1349, 1028A
Object of the Conspiracy

28. The conspiracy had as its object impairing, obstructing, and defeating the lawful governmental functions of the United States by dishonest means in order to enable the Defendants to interfere with U.S. political and electoral processes, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Manner and Means of the Conspiracy

Intelligence-Gathering to Inform U.S. Operations

29. Starting at least in or around 2014, Defendants and their co-conspirators began to track and study groups on U.S. social media sites dedicated to U.S. politics and social issues. In order to gauge the performance of various groups on social media sites, the ORGANIZATION tracked certain metrics like the group’s size, the frequency of content placed by the group, and the level of audience engagement with that content, such as the average number of comments or responses to a post.

Use of Stolen U.S. Identities

41. In or around 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators also used, possessed, and transferred, without lawful authority, the social security numbers and dates of birth of real U.S. persons without those persons’ knowledge or consent. Using these means of identification, Defendants and their co-conspirators opened accounts at PayPal, a digital payment service provider; created false means of identification, including fake driver’s licenses; and posted on ORGANIZATION-controlled social media accounts using the identities of these U.S. victims. Defendants and their co-conspirators also obtained, and attempted to obtain, false identification documents to use as proof of identity in connection with maintaining accounts and purchasing
advertisements on social media sites.

Actions Targeting the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election

42. By approximately May 2014, Defendants and their co-conspirators discussed efforts to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Defendants and their co-conspirators began to monitor U.S. social media accounts and other sources of information about the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Political Advertisements

48. From at least April 2016 through November 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators, while concealing their Russian identities and ORGANIZATION affiliation through false personas, began to produce, purchase, and post advertisements on U.S. social media and other online sites expressly advocating for the election of then-candidate Trump or expressly opposing Clinton. Defendants and their co-conspirators did not report their expenditures to the Federal Election Commission, or register as foreign agents with the U.S. Department of Justice.

49. To pay for the political advertisements, Defendants and their co-conspirators established various Russian bank accounts and credit cards, often registered in the names of fictitious U.S. personas created and used by the ORGANIZATION on social media. Defendants and their co- conspirators also paid for other political advertisements using PayPal accounts.

50. The political advertisements included the following:

Approximate Date/Excerpt of Advertisement

April 6, 2016

“You know, a great number of black people support us saying that #HillaryClintonIsNotMyPresident”

April 7, 2016

“I say no to Hillary Clinton / I say no to manipulation”

April 19, 2016

“JOIN our #HillaryClintonForPrison2016”

May 10, 2016

“Donald wants to defeat terrorism . . . Hillary wants to sponsor it”

May 19, 2016

“Vote Republican, vote Trump, and support the Second Amendment!”

May 24, 2016

“Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote”

June 7, 2016

“Trump is our only hope for a better future!”

June 30, 2016

“#NeverHillary #HillaryForPrison #Hillary4Prison #HillaryForPrison2016 #Trump2016 #Trump #Trump4President”

July 20, 2016

“Ohio Wants Hillary 4 Prison”

August 4, 2016

“Hillary Clinton has already committed voter fraud during the Democrat Iowa Caucus.”

August 10, 2016

“We cannot trust Hillary to take care of our veterans!”

October 14, 2016

“Among all the candidates Donald Trump is the one and only who can defend the police from terrorists.”

October 19, 2016

“Hillary is a Satan, and her crimes and lies had proved just how evil she is.”

Staging U.S. Political Rallies in the United States

51. Starting in approximately June 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators organized and coordinated political rallies in the United States. To conceal the fact that they were based in Russia, Defendants and their co-conspirators promoted these rallies while pretending to be U.S. grassroots activists who were located in the United States but unable to meet or participate in person.

69. On or about August 2, 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators used the false U.S. persona “Matt Skiber” Facebook account to send a private message to a real Facebook account, “Florida for Trump,” set up to assist then-candidate Trump in the state of Florida. In the first message, Defendants and their co-conspirators wrote:

Quote:
Hi there! I’m a member of Being Patriotic online community. Listen, we’ve got an idea. Florida is still a purple state and we need to paint it red. If we lose Florida, we lose America. We can’t let it happen, right? What about organizing a YUGE pro-Trump flash mob in every Florida town? We are currently reaching out to local activists and we’ve got the folks who are okay to be in charge of organizing their events almost everywhere in FL. However, we still need your support. What do you think about that? Are you in?

Old 05-02-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
...Why would they want Trump to win? What do they have to gain? What's Trump going to do for Russia? Or better yet, what did those hackers want Trump to do in America?
The title of this piece says it all, imho:

Inside The Russian Disinformation Playbook: Exploit Tension, Sow Chaos

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/15/66820...sion-sow-chaos

All they really wanna do is to 'exploit tension, sow chaos' & they have been practicing this 'art' for decades.

Also imho, favoring Mr. Trump was just an 'added bonus' because he is corruptible. It was also easier to do so because it was easier to exploit the tensions, & scare-tactics which were already largely the focus of Mr. Trump's campaign strategy.

Here they're discussing the AIDS conspiracy theory however it's from the same Playbook:

Quote:
... ELLICK: Well, they cooked up and spread many. This is certainly not the only one. They've been doing this for decades, even before the early 1980s. But this one was incredibly successful because it did sort of - it followed a very specific Soviet playbook when it comes to disinformation. Which is they were trying to sort of sow chaos and exploit existing tensions in American society. And this was a time in the early 1980s when there was a lot of hysteria around AIDS. A lot was unknown. People were dying, and a lot of people did not know why.

So it was a vulnerability in terms of the West. And it was also a time with racial tension. So the Soviets always try to exploit any sort of tensions, whether it was class, race, religion. And they definitely have an affinity for infections and disease. And the Russians still do that today. We noticed that in the past few years with the Zika virus. And even the AIDS conspiracy has returned in the past few years.

GROSS: And politically, in 1983, when the Soviets started spreading this rumor, there was a lot of political homophobia. Like Republicans were trying to activate their base with anti-gay scare tactics. So that was like a political vulnerability that they could exploit. And, of course, racism never dies, it seems, in the U.S. So that's an easy one to exploit, too. ...

Old 05-02-2019, 11:44 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
..............Anyway, the obsession over who Blacks vote for is not healthy.
Measure white; measure black; measure Hispanic; measure women; measure men. But measuring black turnout is "obsession"?
They measure everything these days.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:34 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Measure white; measure black; measure Hispanic; measure women; measure men. But measuring black turnout is "obsession"?
They measure everything these days.
I'm talking about what I'm seeing right here on CD. I'm seeing people complain about Black people voting Democrat or trying to exaggerate any Black support for Trump.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:36 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Yes, the obsession continues...

Old 05-02-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I never said blacks are lazy.
I just wondered why Hispanics find it easier to get a job.
And don't get me started on Asians.
For such a poor minority they seem to do rather well for themselves,often within a few years of arriving in the country.
And they do it without dealing drugs too.
Amazing.
They find it easier? Then why is there only a one percent difference in the unemployment rate between the black and Hispanic populations?

I’m black and the first generation born in this country. My parents came here and have done rather well. That’s not uncommon for immigrants. What’s the big deal?

And which group are you claiming doesn’t deal drugs? Hispanics? Asians? Don’t be silly.

Nothing amazing about being successful without dealing drugs.

SMH. Sometimes I wonder what rock people live under...

Old 05-02-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
And Hispanics haven't ?
You still haven't addressed the reason why employers prefer to employ Hispanics over Blacks.
I don't know the reason why but I was hoping you,as a black person who claims to have been held back by discrimination,would.
There was no Hispanic grouping at the inception of the U.S. How Hispanics were treated in the US over time depended on their race and still does. Often Black Hispanics are treated differently than White Hispanics. With mestizos, it varies. It’s not as simplistic as you would like to see it.

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti...jito-cuba.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies