Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 05:32 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times

Advertisements

Some of the snobbishness I'm seeing from Democrats about West Virginia (and other conservative states) is exactly why you guys lost the presidency. I'd have no problem with not wanting to move to a state/region due to politics, but the nastiness in terms of going about perceived "backward" culture and values and intelligence is completely despicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 05:34 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Some of the snobbishness I'm seeing from Democrats about West Virginia (and other conservative states) is exactly why you guys lost the presidency. I'd have no problem with not wanting to move to a state/region due to politics, but the nastiness in terms of going about perceived "backward" culture and values and intelligence is completely despicable.
Yep. Spot on here! People who have never actually been to any of these places like to pontificate about how much better they are than these people. Guess what, these people don't want to be talked down to.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Who would want to live in West Virginia?
Bite me. Every child has health care coverage. Every pregnant woman qualifies for health care coverage. We just passed legislation to provide no cost (to the student) Community College.

That's far better than many states.

Wake up one morning and look out your tent flap and see the mist lift exposing Seneca Rocks and then ask your question.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Seriously??? West Virginia has a whopping 15% on Disability!!!

"...West Virginia also has the highest percentage of adults ages 24 to 64 on federal disability, an astounding 15 percent of the population.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#2d59f3006148

Quote:
I have no problem with people choosing to live in a more conservative or more rural state. Fine, do it. What I take issue with is that they don't do it without expecting me to help pay for it. They want urban voters to pay for their infrastructure because they can't afford it. They want farm subsidies, they want tariff relief, they want coal subsidies and the top five states on Disability are all in the South with West Virginia being the worst at 15%. Those same people typically go from Disability to Social Security and Medicare. That's my problem with it.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Sanders beat Hillary in the (D) primary. Again, better than many states.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:54 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Mixed opinions on this one..... personally I wouldn't want to live in either state. Sure, WV is cheap and you can afford to buy a house, but it's West Virginia for Pete's sake -- what do you do to pass the time?
Friday night outing=WalMart
Saturday night outing=Golden Corral

Lolz 🤣

Old 04-10-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post

Lolz 🤣
https://wvtourism.com/gold-trout/

Old 04-10-2019, 05:58 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post

Lolz 🤣
The exact mentality that has turned the working class against the Democrats.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yep. Spot on here! People who have never actually been to any of these places like to pontificate about how much better they are than these people. Guess what, these people don't want to be talked down to.
I wasn’t talking down when referring to West Virginia. I’m from that part of the country, so I’m familiar with the region, and it’s genuinely not for me. It has nothing to do with being better than anybody else. That being said, these continual **** posts from the OP denigrating other parts of the country have become more than a little bit irksome. He lives in Texas. What the hell does he know about West Virginia anyway?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm not an outdoorsman type, so I'd be bored out of my mind there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies