Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 02:11 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times

Advertisements

It would be interesting because as I stated earlier, it would reveal that some of these ADOS people are not as ADOS as they thought they were (if they are even ADOS at all).

Old 05-09-2019, 02:56 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
It would be interesting because as I stated earlier, it would reveal that some of these ADOS people are not as ADOS as they thought they were (if they are even ADOS at all).
A lot of people are being exposed.

Dr. Umar Johnson was recently exposed as a Cuban.

People are serious about this.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:49 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
A lot of people are being exposed.

Dr. Umar Johnson was recently exposed as a Cuban.

People are serious about this.
I’m not an Umar fan but I can’t find anything beyond this video verifying that. Has he come out and said this? Do we have records verifying his ancestry?

Old 05-09-2019, 05:57 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
I’m not an Umar fan but I can’t find anything beyond this video verifying that. Has he come out and said this? Do we have records verifying his ancestry?
Did you watch the video? He's a Cuban. There's a clip of him in Cuba talking about it.

He's been exposed.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:01 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,721 times
Quote:

How do you feel about reparations?

I would wait another 150 years or so until the time is just right!

Old 05-09-2019, 08:55 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the black - that is on you. I don't know what Lebron is doing or Steph Curry. If you spend your life online "following" people though you do. Most people I know work a lot and don't spend all their time online or watching TV. Even the poor people in my family, most of them work 2-3 jobs and DGAF about Lebron or Steph Curry. I think his wife said something people are talking about today. I also DGAF about her or Steph Curry.

On the blue - people who acquire a lot of wealth do not do so because of government. Your ignorance on wealth building is showing with the comment.

On the blue - I am not a trusting person in general. I believe in using capitalism and competition to "build" one's financial prospects and wealth. I've told you before simple steps you can take to acquire wealth, but you are just invested in the idea that you cannot do anything (an inferiority complex) and so you don't do anything except jump on an inferiority bandwagon with these ADOS folks. That is the primary thing they are pushing - inferiority and telling you that you are powerless and incapable and you are buying into it.

On Jay-Z and other black people who invest their income and acquire wealth - you will downplay everything that any of us do because you cannot do it because of your inferiority complex. And I'm sorry if that is harsh but nearly all your posts about this show you believe you are a weak person. I'm not weak about making money or acquiring wealth. I can do anything. Today I focus building wealth on "investing" in white things I guess as you call it. I can easily jump on the white bandwagon and make some money. Earlier this year I invested in various cannabis stocks. I'm investing in REIT stocks and I'm investing in index funds. I invest about 30% of my income in various endeavors. I plan to be a millionaire. You can too and so can half of the black population in this country if they wanted to. We do not have the barriers anymore and it is up to us now to take care of ourselves like we always have but focus on financial freedom and wealth build.

Interesting to me that you mentioned Jay Z. He is one of my favorite hip hop artists and even though people have considered him "ugly" I've always thought he was sexy and fine as hell because he is smart as hell and is about his business and isn't a weak a$$ man. Neither is my husband BTW. Weakness is not a good trait IMO. One of my favorite lyrics from one of my favorite Jay Z songs (and you made me pull it up on Tidal to listen to it lol)

Best part of the song at the end

I, Will, not, lose, ever!

It reminds me of me on a smaller level. You looking for ones, I'm looking for Ms and I won't lose. You will just plan yourself to nothing then blame white people lol.

On the green, I'm fine with the current government. However, I do believe black people should help each other, those who want to be helped to acquire wealth. And I think if we changed the conversation to self investment and investing in opportunities instead of planning and talking about government as a collective we'd have more. Of course folks like you will make us continue to lag because you lack confidence in yourself due to the inferiority complex.

So white Americans didn't receive help from government? FDR's New Deal single handedly created the white middle class we see today. The land grants white Americans received, lifted a lot of white immigrants who came here after the Civil War and into the 20th century. The creation of the FHA helped Fred Trump (Donald Trump's father) revive his real estate business. Warren Buffett himself once said that had he been born in a different society, or had been born black, he wouldn't have had the chances to become what he is today.

Everyone benefited from government, except us who were locked out. That's why I don't buy your inferiority complex argument because I know no one ever came up by themselves. What I'm saying is, we are human like everyone else, but our government didn't help us like it did for them. In fact, it hindered us greatly, and terrorized us greatly. The ADOS movement demands what is owed and more. If you don't believe me in saying the government lifted everyone up, listen to MLK.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLV5y4utPKI

Was MLK a weak man? Did he have an inferiority complex? Again, don't tell me the time MLK was living in is different from today. Our wealth position today is as it was, or worse than it was back then. The data bears this out, and really, the wealth in this country is going back to how it was right before the Great Depression. Where the top 0.1% had the same amount of wealth as the bottom 90%. That's government doing that. Right now, everyone is complaining and wanting folks like Bernie Sanders to come in and redistribute the wealth. Elizabeth Warren is talking about relieving student debt, to put money in our pockets. You telling me it's okay for white people to have that kind of conversation, but if I talk about the hole this government put us in, I have an inferiority complex? No, I'm demanding what was stolen from us, and more. I've said it before, probably the only thing I ever agreed with Obama on, was his statement here......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng

Old 05-10-2019, 01:28 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
As I posted previously in another thread (which some people really didn't understand the point of)........if the point of reparations is to undo the effects of slavery to the greatest extent possible, then the best form of reparations to any interested slavery descendents is to provide a free one way plane ride back to Africa and allow them to liquidate any assets and allow to take it to Africa tax free, and in return they lose their US citizenship and are never allowed back again.

I remember my pastor saying how some good can come out of even the worst circumstances, and he talked about how he's been to Africa and how terrible it is there, and how as bad as American slavery was, their descendants are able to live in America as a result.

Old 05-10-2019, 05:37 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
As I posted previously in another thread (which some people really didn't understand the point of)........if the point of reparations is to undo the effects of slavery to the greatest extent possible, then the best form of reparations to any interested slavery descendents is to provide a free one way plane ride back to Africa and allow them to liquidate any assets and allow to take it to Africa tax free, and in return they lose their US citizenship and are never allowed back again.

I remember my pastor saying how some good can come out of even the worst circumstances, and he talked about how he's been to Africa and how terrible it is there, and how as bad as American slavery was, their descendants are able to live in America as a result.

What the world are you talking about? How do you tell the people who built this country, that we should be grateful to live here? This the kind of thinking that makes absolutely no sense, and overall won't be left unchallenged. For far too long, we've been treated like perpetual outsiders, as if America is not our home. Go back to Africa? My family's bones are buried here. My people were here before well over 90% of white America's families ever hopped over to this country. We have more rights to this place than anyone aside from Native Americans, and we are the only non-immigrant group.

Like I said of the ADOS movement, this the kind of talk that will no longer be left unchallenged. Can you imagine the ignorance of being told you don't belong to a place you created? Oh, we are putting our foot down in claiming this place. We are also claiming our inheritance.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:28 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

The effects of slavery would mean that many whites would have to go back to Europe. What allowed many whites to come to America is the fact that Africans became the beast of burden for whites. A collective or race of people cannot rise, as a race, by oppressing its own members. It's a zero sum game. What you subtract or steal from your own group, to enrich a different segment of the group, does nothing for the group as a whole. This was the case in Europe. Whites oppressed other whites and it was sort of a caste like rigid class hierarchy. There was little opportunity for upward mobility. In other words, many whites in America are descendants of European version of "N word". Their ancestors FLED that all white utopia to come to a land stolen from another race of people and worked by an enslaved race of people. This country was made viable....VIA SLAVERY. Thus, undoing the effects of slavery also means sending many whites back to Europe, because had not slavery broke the inertia of a new nation.....many successful whites in America today would be poor wiggers in Europe.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
So white Americans didn't receive help from government? FDR's New Deal single handedly created the white middle class we see today. The land grants white Americans received, lifted a lot of white immigrants who came here after the Civil War and into the 20th century. The creation of the FHA helped Fred Trump (Donald Trump's father) revive his real estate business. Warren Buffett himself once said that had he been born in a different society, or had been born black, he wouldn't have had the chances to become what he is today.

Everyone benefited from government, except us who were locked out. That's why I don't buy your inferiority complex argument because I know no one ever came up by themselves. What I'm saying is, we are human like everyone else, but our government didn't help us like it did for them. In fact, it hindered us greatly, and terrorized us greatly. The ADOS movement demands what is owed and more. If you don't believe me in saying the government lifted everyone up, listen to MLK.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLV5y4utPKI

Was MLK a weak man? Did he have an inferiority complex? Again, don't tell me the time MLK was living in is different from today. Our wealth position today is as it was, or worse than it was back then. The data bears this out, and really, the wealth in this country is going back to how it was right before the Great Depression. Where the top 0.1% had the same amount of wealth as the bottom 90%. That's government doing that. Right now, everyone is complaining and wanting folks like Bernie Sanders to come in and redistribute the wealth. Elizabeth Warren is talking about relieving student debt, to put money in our pockets. You telling me it's okay for white people to have that kind of conversation, but if I talk about the hole this government put us in, I have an inferiority complex? No, I'm demanding what was stolen from us, and more. I've said it before, probably the only thing I ever agreed with Obama on, was his statement here......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng

1 - white people who are rich did not get rich from government. Also, you should realize that most white people are not rich lol. Most are middle class like black Americans are primarily middle class. Difference is that they have property/assets that oftentimes are passed down through family, but not often. I know a LOT of white people. Most of them have less than I have. White Americans are more likely to invest in IRAs and 401ks than black people and more likely to own a home that increases in equity. Due to the bold, they have a higher degree of wealth as a demographic. None of those have to do with government. Black Americans need to invest more in IRAs and 401ks. Black Americans need to also own their own homes outright on a higher level. We should be focusing on these to build wealth - not government reparations which will never happen.

2 - Many of the 1940-1960s Civil Rights leaders had an inferiority complex due to them believing that to be "better" or "good" or "well off" that we needed to be around white people. The inferiority complex is an enduring legacy of black America and is a part of our culture due to us being socialized to believe that whites are better than us in all ways and we are incapable of changing the course of our lives. IMO MLK believed the 1st part of the latter - that whites were better than us, which is why he and many others sought "integration" over everything versus realizing that being around whites doesn't make white people like us or accept us as "real Americans." I think that it was a naivete though of that generation of black Americans. And on reparations, I have stated that I do think they are "owed" so I agree with MLK on this; however, I also am a realist and I know that they won't occur during my life and I'm not going to sit around and wait on them to get wealth. I don't consider him "weak" because he was sick of getting discriminated against and actually "did" something. He didn't just have conventions and meetings. He had what was called "Direct Action Campaigns." He and his organizations during the Montgomery Bus Boycott for instance, they organized car pools and took people to work/school if they needed help. They provided options for getting/doing what needed to be done and didn't just sit around and complain about buses. Having meeting about how black people don't have wealth and that you need reparations to get wealth without doing anything in the interim to get what you want, is lazy and weak.

If you want wealth, the opportunities that are directly related to MLK's assassination and white America's guilt over indirectly causing the murder of a non-violent, peaceful activists, they were achieved for us. His death provided you with the opportunity to improve your income and to invest in markets, real estate, and other financial ventures in order to increase the status of black America. It has been 50 some years since his murder. That is a short period of time. However, we have come a long way in regards to income and education in particular during that 50 years. Today, we need to focus on wealth building and not b**ching about government money. Government IMO was involved or didn't prevent his murder. He was trailed by the FBI. They were on the scene when he was assassinated. I don't trust that any government agency, even those who could stop a bullet for us, will do anything to help our demographic.

3 - Elizabeth Warren is not talking anything specific for black people and neither are any other of the candidates. Facts are you are invested in government doing something to "help" you. You will be waiting your entire life. Stop waiting. Getting rid of student loans will benefit whites WAY more than blacks. Just like all other social welfare programs do today. If giving you a forgiveness on your loans or Medicare is "reparations" then you shouldn't be speaking of ADOS and you should just put your support behind a super liberal candidate who may have a good chance of getting them passed. Politically if Elizabeth Warren said she wanted student loan forgiveness and Medicare for black people only who are descendants of slaves - she would be out of the running immediately. White liberals would turn on her and conservatives would crack up and she'd be booted out of the race. That's why no politician will take on the cause of black Americans and why we need to do it ourselves. They don't care about us as a specific group and won't advocate for us like we can do ourselves on a grass roots level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies