Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 12:06 PM

37,188 posts, read 41,406,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There’s a lot of moms who’s healthy kids died of SIDS after being vaccinated who speak up regularly yet I’m sure you’re not concerned about them and believe that there’s no way that vaccines could have possibly caused them to die. It was just coincidence. They just died for no reason at all. They are told they are mistaken. Their concerns dismissed.

Prove that it was “anti vaxxers” attacking the lady who posted on FB.
Vaccines do not cause SIDS. In fact, vaccination may reduce the risk.

Quote:
Yet no one died in that community. I would assume that the people who chose not to vaccinate knew that their children could get measles and accepted the risk and so far we’ve seen zero deaths. You might not agree with or understand their reasons but that does not means that they are wrong and you are right. Some people choose to rely on their immune system and do things to support that so that it will protect them when sick. It’s ad ifferent viewpoint on health. Again, you may not agree with that but they should that right to make that choice for themselves.
No one has died ... yet. That does not mean there will not be a death, and we will not know for years about deaths from SSPE.

Feel free not to vaccinate. Just accept that parents who do vaccinate - who accept the tiny risk involved and provide the herd immunity that keeps your unvaccinated kids from being sick - do not want your kids in school with theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I am not going to provide links. Far too many. Google it yourself. How do you propose to track every person's vaccination status across state lines? Read about an adult with measles from NYC traveling to NJ who went to an amusement park, bank, restaurant with measles. How do you propose to enforce vaccination status across state lines? These notices are only issued by individual states. Everybody at that amusement park were only NJ residents? Even the Mayor's edict was ONLY for those in certain zip codes, not all 8 million residents. How do you know who traveled in and out of those zip codes; children or adults? It is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Read one report about a 72 year old Florida resident who caught measles while travelling to Asia. He would be presumed immune by the CDC based on his age. Every US Citizen needs a titer test or just get vaccinated? Ca Ching as newtovenice said.

Ending all childhood vaccine exemptions will solve the problem? 10% of the measles cases in the US have been adults; unvaccinated, undervaccinated,or presumed immune.
How many 72 year old Florida residents traveled in Asia and did not get measles?

Quote:
Parent of children who got their children vaccinated and then watched them regress into autism are not “anti-vaxxers”. That’s insane.

Prove that the people posting comments on that page are actually anti-vaxxers. You made the claim and now you need to prove it. Just because people posted comments does not mean they are “anti-vaxxers”. Just like you believe that healthy babies who die shortly after getting their vaccines die of SIDS, not any possible link to vaccines. Just like you don’t believe that there’s any possibility to vaccinations have anything to do with cases where children regress into autism post vaccine. Just because people made comments does not mean that they are actually “anti-vaxxers”. So prove it.
Vaccines do not cause autism or SIDS. There is absolutely no epidemiological evidence that they do.

If you have to invoke a pro-vax conspiracy of people attacking other pro-vax people you have gone far, far down the rabbit hole.

Quote:
I don’t believe that vaccines are a factor in all autism cases but do see evidence that they are a factor in some and that’s even been proven as with the case of Hannah Poling. A lot of parent who watched their healthy kids regress post vaccine would also disagree with you.
Hannah Poling's award was for encephalopathy, not autism. The judge in the case made that very clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Repeating something over and over does not make it true. There is not enough evidence to prove that vaccines do not cause autism. And saying vaccines do not cause autism means that any NEW vaccines are also though to "not cause autism." Which is beyond unscientific. You can't prove something that hasn't been manufactured yet causes or doesn't cause anything. Just because it is repeated. Ever see idiocracy? "Brawndo. It's what plants crave. It's got electrolytes."

I think of it every time I hear that phrase about autism. Because it has not been proved. Although lots and lost of people think it has. Because they just keep repeating it.
It is true because the entire body of research has found absolutely no evidence that vaccines cause autism.

Quote:
Sure you’ll be interesting to see some more studies on this subject.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...64410X0800100X
From the NVIC playbook, I presume?

There is no epidemiological evidence that vaccines cause allergies or asthma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
So, we should be mandating a substance we inject into peoples bodies that claim to prevent disease part of the time but also comes with complications and injury for some people?
The diseases vaccines prevent cause way more "complications and injuries".

Quote:
What do you propose then? It sounds like you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. They have the right not to vaccinate but don’t have the right be around other people because there’s a slight, minuscule chance they might have an illness that a vaccine happens to exist for? You want to ban them from society but still believe they have choice? Really confusing stance.
People who vaccinate have the freedom to make choices, too. One of them is not associating with unvaxed kids in school.

Quote:
You haven’t proven anything. It very well could have been trolls. It could have been groups trying to further demonize anti-vaxxers posing as them. You have no proof. You believe what you want though.

If your healthy baby dies after vaccines you’ll think it had nothing to do with vaccines though, I’m sure.

When you hear hoofbeats you’ll think zebras in that case.
Conspiracy theory. That's the argument you want to fall back on?

Sometimes healthy babies die in the time interval after having had a vaccine. Well conducted scientific investigation has shown it happens no more often after vaccination than after not being vaccinated. The fact that event B followed event A does not mean A caused B.

Your healthy baby is more likely to die from whooping cough than a vaccine.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:09 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,460,616 times
Preventable disease? lol

If you really want to prevent the spread of all disease why not mandate all children have to attend online school at there home? School spreads a large amount of disease we're spending millions on trying to prevent. Why not just eliminate the cause? That would cover all of the diseases and viruses spread at school. Somehow, people only seem to care about the "preventable" diseases, why not address ALL of them.

Oh, is it that it doubles as childcare? Subsidies, pay the parent staying home. There you go, a lot less spread of disease and a lot less death.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:17 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,982,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

No one has died ... yet. That does not mean there will not be a death, and we will not know for years about deaths from SSPE.

It is true because the entire body of research has found absolutely no evidence that vaccines cause autism..

Wrong. I asked you specifically for:

1. Studies of INDIVIDUAL vaccines
2. Studies of INDIVIDUAL vaccine components
3. Studies of CUMULATIVE vaccine use
4. Studies of nonvaxxed vs vaxxed populations, as in ZERO vaccines
5. Studies of placebo -- no other ingredients, no aluminum, no fillers or adjuvants, nothing-- vs active ingredient

You've provided none. Studies have not been done. In some cases these studies do not exist at all.

Just because you keep repeating something doesn't make it true.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2019 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 05-06-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Preventable disease? lol

If you really want to prevent the spread of all disease why not mandate all children have to attend online school at there home? School spreads a large amount of disease we're spending millions on trying to prevent. Why not just eliminate the cause? That would cover all of the diseases and viruses spread at school. Somehow, people only seem to care about the "preventable" diseases, why not address ALL of them.

Oh, is it that it doubles as childcare? Subsidies, pay the parent staying home. There you go, a lot less spread of disease and a lot less death.
Addressing preventable diseases does not preclude consideration of those that are not. They are not mutually exclusive. That is why sick kids should be kept home. Vaccines mean fewer episodes of illness.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
And you will be thrilled if someone does die right? Can't WAIT for it? Yep.

Wrong. I asked you specifically for:

1. Studies of INDIVIDUAL vaccines
2. Studies of INDIVIDUAL vaccine components
3. Studies of CUMULATIVE vaccine use
4. Studies of nonvaxxed vs vaxxed populations, as in ZERO vaccines
5. Studies of placebo -- no other ingredients, no aluminum, no fillers or adjuvants, nothing-- vs active ingredient

You've provided none. Studies have not been done. In some cases these studies do not exist at all.

Just because you keep repeating something doesn't make it true.
No, I will not be thrilled. The whole reason I post about vaccines is that the suffering from VPDs is so absolutely unnecessary.

I have explained to you over and over again that your understanding of the use of placebos in vaccine research is fatally flawed. Have you ever considered discussing it with an epidemiologist?

Old 05-06-2019, 12:27 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,982,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, I will not be thrilled. The whole reason I post about vaccines is that the suffering from VPDs is so absolutely unnecessary.

I have explained to you over and over again that your understanding of the use of placebos in vaccine research is fatally flawed. Have you ever considered discussing it with an epidemiologist?
Have you ever considered looking at the actual science instead of presuming it says what you think it says? And understanding that there are holes in the research big enough for Jupiter to pass through? And have you ever considered that I do NOT consider you an expert?

And that a study without a placebo isn't an unbiased study? Doesn't matter if vaccine manufacturers make up a BS reason why they WON'T subject the vaccines to such a study. They have no problem adding aluminum to "placebo" so the AE profiles are exactly the same. That's bias.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2019 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not others

Old 05-06-2019, 12:39 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,836,556 times
Quote:
Have you ever considered looking at the actual science instead of presuming it says what you think it says? And understanding that there are holes in the research big enough for Jupiter to pass through? And have you ever considered that I do NOT consider you an expert?

And that a study without a placebo isn't an unbiased study? Doesn't matter if vaccine manufacturers make up a BS reason why they WON'T subject the vaccines to such a study. They have no problem adding aluminum to "placebo" so the AE profiles are exactly the same. That's bias.
Do you suppose anyone considers you an expert? Given that your “evidence” consistently is made up of hyperbole, insults, links to known anti vax sites and obscure movie quotes, I’m thinking not.

Don’t vaccinate yourself or your offspring if you choose not to. No one cares. Just don’t expect other people to agree with your choices or to roll over and accept the risk your choices come with. Your choices = Your consequences. You don’t have a right to inflict them on others no matter how much you’d like to.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2019 at 02:41 PM..

Old 05-06-2019, 12:51 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,836,556 times
For anyone interested, here’s a study of rates of autism in MMR vaccinated kids and those not vaccinated:

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science...accinated-kids

TLDR version:

In the largest-ever study of its kind, researchers again found that the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine did not increase risk for autism spectrum disorder (ASD). This proved true even among children already considered at high risk for the disorder.

In all, the researchers analyzed the health records of 95,727 children, including more than 15,000 children unvaccinated at age 2 and more than 8,000 still unvaccinated at age 5. Nearly 2,000 of these children were considered at risk for autism because they were born into families that already had a child with the disorder.

“Taken together, some dozen studies have now shown that the age of onset of ASD does not differ between vaccinated and unvaccinated children, the severity or course of ASD does not differ between vaccinated and unvaccinated children, and now the risk of ASD recurrence in families does not differ between vaccinated and unvaccinated children.”

Old 05-06-2019, 01:00 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,797,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
It will in the future if things continue to go the way they are. Militant anti vaxxers are (fortunately) few and far between. Most are the light weight garden variety that cave at the first threat of an actual disease in proximity to their kid. When the first US kid dies of measles there will probably be a vaccine shortage due to parents who are lightly anti vax scrambling over each other to get their kids vaccinated first.

Drama.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,797,512 times
Quote:
I'll say it again and again so you people understand. People don't trust America's medical profession or science. Why? Because they don't deserve it!

If you want more people on board tell the medical community and scientist who work hand in hand with pharma to clean up their acts. There's case after case of their abuse. It's the information age, people see their dirty laundry.

I'm perplexed by the ignorance that you people exhibit as to why people are starting to have a trust issue with pharma and western medicine in greater numbers when there is glaring evidence of why in front of your face. They've been in the news for years getting busted for killing people.

Clean up the corruption so people can trust medicine and pharma more and you'll solve your mystery. Geezus! Put two and two together, calling people names won't change crap. It just makes you look defensive. Establish some trust, it will go farther than mandating those who don't trust it.
Truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies