Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 12:10 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Good, I am 100% for this.

Every level of law enforcement and government should cooperate fully with each other, no matter the laws being enforced. If there is a federal warrant out for a murder suspect, I fully expect local police to detain and transfer this person over, just as I expect the FBI to detain and turn over someone to local authorities if there is a warrant. Being illegal should not get any special privileges from this cooperation that a citizen or legal resident would never, ever get.
Yes, there is precedence to do that.
At one time state driver license information was independent from other states. They then connected all the states in one system. People could no longer get drivers lic. in more than one state and all infractions showed up in all states.

That is cooperation. The same kind of cooperation we should expect with tracking and removing criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 12:27 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
There is accountability for those who want to defy immigration law. Accountability is something we don't often see in gov.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...-sign-into-law

The legislation would require local officials to honor U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainers for undocumented immigrants who are arrested or convicted of a crime, exempting crime victims and witnesses. It would ban local governments from enacting sanctuary policies to protect those immigrants from deportation and require them to notify ICE when an inmate subject to a detainer is released.
No Florida city or county currently has a sanctuary policy. But Republicans said it would ensure respect for federal immigration laws by preventing local and state officials from refusing to comply. Under the bill, the governor could suspend officials who defy immigration laws and they could be sued by the attorney general to force compliance.
Everybody needs to stay in their lane. All that is in place, I swear you all itching for a police state - and complain about TSA!! I can see it now, they start to stop all, maybe you look like a polish illegal ! Yep where is your birth certificate bud?? To the station until can produce it!

Old 05-04-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Everybody needs to stay in their lane. All that is in place, I swear you all itching for a police state - and complain about TSA!! I can see it now, they start to stop all, maybe you look like a polish illegal ! Yep where is your birth certificate bud?? To the station until can produce it!
I have to produce my BC to get a drivers license even though I had to produce it last time I got a drivers license. Even that is not enough. They require more than just a BC.

How is it illegals can get a DL without a BC ? Why are the standards higher for the citizens ?

Last edited by phma; 05-04-2019 at 12:55 PM..

Old 05-04-2019, 12:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
How is it a police state having cooperation between law enforcement? They are merely enforcing the laws on the books. In this case, immigration laws, and I have zero care that someone here illegal gets turned over, no more than zero care if a bank robber got turned over to the FBI. That is not a police state in any sense of the word.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I have to produce my BC to get a drivers license even though I had to produce it last I got a drivers license.

How is it illegals can get a DL without a BC ? Why are the standards higher for the citizens ?
I only know FL law and it’s ridiculous after 50 years driving they still want my BC - that’s to hurt Poor voters. In California they have their own laws - I do not know exactly how that works. But in Fl all those millions of visitors from all over the world are driving with out Fl Dl’s lol

Old 05-04-2019, 12:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
I only know FL law and it’s ridiculous after 50 years driving they still want my BC - that’s to hurt Poor voters. In California they have their own laws - I do not know exactly how that works. But in Fl all those millions of visitors from all over the world are driving with out Fl Dl’s lol
I have not had to produce my BC in 25 years or so since I got my DL in FL, and I was poor as dirt then.

I have no idea how this supposedly hurts poor voters, and have about zero care if it did really, lol. Tired of the world stopping for the few who cannot seem to get it together in life.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
How is it a police state having cooperation between law enforcement? They are merely enforcing the laws on the books. In this case, immigration laws, and I have zero care that someone here illegal gets turned over, no more than zero care if a bank robber got turned over to the FBI. That is not a police state in any sense of the word.
Locals do not know your immigration status. You here by birth or in invitation ? They do not have the tools to find out. They cannot enforce fed laws. They can only detain or arrests on any local laws broken. Mr Smith steals an apple, is he American ? Irish ? African ? From down under ? He can be arrested only for stealing the dam apple.
What you proposing is that , if you look and sound Irish and they have the IRA so just pick you up in case you are one of their gang members. - that’s a police state!

Old 05-04-2019, 01:09 PM

[quote=boxus;55101901]I have not had to produce my BC in 25 years or so since I got my DL in FL, and I was poor as dirt then.

I have no idea how this supposedly hurts poor voters, and have about zero care if it did really, lol. Tired of the world stopping for the few who cannot seem to get it together in life.[/QUOTE

Ahh hope when old enough that the poor CNA who needs to change your diapers, has read the post - and just has the same zero care. May karma do it’s best work.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:25 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
[quote=tinytrump;55101992]
Quote:
I have not had to produce my BC in 25 years or so since I got my DL in FL, and I was poor as dirt then.

I have no idea how this supposedly hurts poor voters, and have about zero care if it did really, lol. Tired of the world stopping for the few who cannot seem to get it together in life.[/QUOTE

Ahh hope when old enough that the poor CNA who needs to change your diapers, has read the post - and just has the same zero care. May karma do it’s best work.
Hope and Change

Old 05-04-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Locals do not know your immigration status. You here by birth or in invitation ? They do not have the tools to find out. They cannot enforce fed laws. They can only detain or arrests on any local laws broken. Mr Smith steals an apple, is he American ? Irish ? African ? From down under ? He can be arrested only for stealing the dam apple.
What you proposing is that , if you look and sound Irish and they have the IRA so just pick you up in case you are one of their gang members. - that’s a police state!
We have a police state now and it targeted Trump. What do you think is going to be done about it ? If they can do it to the President, any President, what are your chances of getting a fair shake ? They want Trump to produce his papers. They don't know if he committed an infraction but they have a target and want to look for a crime. ( tax returns ) That's what they do in a police state. Who is leading this police state effort ? The democrats in congress.

Last edited by phma; 05-04-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies