Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a presidential candidate alert the FBI to foreign adversaries trying to give them “dirt” on t
Yes 153 81.38%
No 35 18.62%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 09:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
My point is that, in any context, if Trump would've said what Obama said, you would be on here screaming treason like every other leftist. My post is about a glaring double standard which I guess you are unable to detect. And that's why you _ARE_ a leftist.
My point is that you are talking out of your hind end.

You have no idea what I, or anyone else, would say about the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 10:43 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Poll is up to 143-32. "Team No" is still getting crushed.

Very refreshing to see how many people still love America.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:53 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No Clinton blinders; she was a flawed candidate.

But, you seem to excuse foreign interference in a US election. There is no excuse, for anyone, as the FEC Commissioner's letter states.

Do you see ANY reason that foreign interference is OK?

No, it's not OK for foreign countries to interfere....Did you care prior to hillary losing?

Now, answer my question, is it OK for someone to pay someone to get dirt from a foregin country or not?

It's a simple question that you seem to be avoiding, why?

Old 06-16-2019, 12:26 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Great, so the steel dossier, what would you consider it?

For god's sake, so what ????

I'm pretty sure everyone here would agree that if crime/unlawful action is committed, the person guilty should be charged, D or R.

The question here is that Trump just told out the world that it is okay!!

Stop deflecting and address the question.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:39 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hillary hired a foreign spy who paid Russians to dig dirt on Trump.

Amazing you're so ignorant of Steele.

Use a dictionary and answer these questions:

Is Steele a foreigner?

Did Steele spy?

Did Steele pay Russians for information?

Did Steele receive Hillary money?

But that's ok, becaluse Hillary isntlTrump, right?
Again, so WHAT ?

If proved true, yes, of course she should be indicted.

Now, can you act as an adult and adress the question ? Because here, it's not a question of what if or what about, it happened, proved and true to the world to see.

How can it not bother you?

I guess it does in a way, otherwise you wouldn't act so childishly as to say "it's not me, it's her".

Grow up!

Old 06-16-2019, 01:13 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
For god's sake, so what ????

If it did not matter then, why are you complaining now?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure everyone here would agree that if crime/unlawful action is committed, the person guilty should be charged, D or R.

Well, it is extremely clear, hillary paid for steele to get dirt on trump and ended up gett the dossier dirt form russia....period, end of story......

Quote:
The question here is that Trump just told out the world that it is okay!!

Are you cool with America messing with other countries elections? Were you cool with other countries messing with Americas elections prior to hillary losing?

Quote:
Stop deflecting and address the question.

I have addresses the question often, you don't like the answer, so you keep telling me I'm wrong, without telling HOW I'm wrong.....

Old 06-16-2019, 04:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
One word describes Trump... Traitor. He willingly will deal with the scums of the earth and take their disinformation, lies or whatever in order to smear others and try to win. It’s not surprising but also not normal. A true patriot would go to the FBI or proper authorities. It ain’t that hard.

President Donald Trump may not alert the FBI if foreign governments offered damaging information against his 2020 rivals during the upcoming presidential race, he said, despite the deluge of investigations stemming from his campaign's interactions with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

Asked by ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in the Oval Office on Wednesday whether his campaign would accept such information from foreigners -- such as China or Russia -- or hand it over the FBI, Trump said, "I think maybe you do both."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/id-e...ry?id=63669304
So if Trump is told by someone in Country A that Hillary was going to sell out the Presidency if she won, you think it's a good idea for him to keep quiet? lol Your TDS and the other bots are a complete joke.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:33 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
The purpose of this whole thread is to make Trump look treasonous and if Trump made that statement, it would've been used against him the same way the hypothetical use of foreign intel is now.

I know what you are saying is correct, but that wasn't the point of my post.
No one needs to make Trump look treasonous... he already does a fine job of that himself.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:19 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
No one needs to make Trump look treasonous... he already does a fine job of that himself.
I can't understand the plethora of Trumpeteers who excuse him, or try to deflect "but Hillary!". What ever happened to being a patriot?

Old 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Poll is up to 143-32. "Team No" is still getting crushed.

Very refreshing to see how many people still love America.
The poll asks should it be reported. The obvious answer is yes.

The reality is would it be reported by either party or candidate?

My answer would be an absolute NO. At least not until they analyzed the information and then had a legal team decide what they could get away with.

Look how the DNC buried Bernie. No low bar.

Today's politics are as dirty as they have ever been. We had a sitting US Senator use the protection of the Senate floor to lie about a presidential candidate. We have campaigns leaking half truths and at times lies. We have CNN giving debate questions to a candidate before the debate.

You would either have to be naive or a complete moron to believe that candidates wouldn't use any dirt they could on a political rival.

I won't even get into what Obama and company allegedly did to spy on Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies