Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a presidential candidate alert the FBI to foreign adversaries trying to give them “dirt” on t
Yes 153 81.38%
No 35 18.62%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 07:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But you know that's not what happened.

The DNC did not hire an American company to HIRE a foreign govt. or someone acting on behalf of a foreign govt.

You either are purposely redirecting the actual statement or just not getting it.

The DNC hired a company that said they would collect information.
The DNC had no idea what the nationality of the consultants that this American firm planned to use for the collection of this information.
At no time has it been suggested, implied, proven that a foreign govt. was behind the information provided in the report.

Trump was asked specifically about a foreign GOVT. contacting him to take down his opponent by providing information.

Trump was not asked about a company contacting him that might have hired someone who is not an American citizen.

It is a HUGE difference.
Hillary hired a foreign spy who paid Russians to dig dirt on Trump.

Amazing you're so ignorant of Steele.

Use a dictionary and answer these questions:

Is Steele a foreigner?

Did Steele spy?

Did Steele pay Russians for information?

Did Steele receive Hillary money?

But that's ok, becaluse Hillary isntlTrump, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 07:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It isn't about Trump's joke.
It is about Trump's statement this week - in light of everything he claims has been a hoax, he admitted that he is open to taking information from a foreign govt.......implying his willingness to work with a foreign govt. to influence an election.

As for your claim about Hillary -- you are using a hypothetical to make your point.
There is no evidence to suggest that money went to Russia.
Hillary oaid Steele.

Steele paid Russians.

The goal was to influence the election.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:50 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
No matter your persuasion, liberal or conservative, the posts on this thread focus on the following shared belief.

'I think I’d take it' means:

"I did it in 2016 and clearly got away with it. Why would people think I wouldn't do it all over again?

Russia, if you're listening, I need help in 2020.... lots of help. You know what to do."

As puzzling as it is, the debate is between those who condone what they heard and those who are chilled by it.
LOL. "I'd" is a contraction of "I would" which is future tense. Last time I checked 2016 is not in the future. It's a hypothetical only.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:51 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
No matter your persuasion, liberal or conservative, the posts on this thread focus on the following shared belief.

'I think I’d take it' means:

"I did it in 2016 and clearly got away with it. Why would people think I wouldn't do it all over again?

Russia, if you're listening, I need help in 2020.... lots of help. You know what to do."

As puzzling as it is, the debate is between those who condone what they heard and those who are chilled by it.

Whats chilling is, the left has no clue what a sense of humor is....that or takes everyone at the exact words that come out of a person mouth....

Old 06-16-2019, 07:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hillary hired a foreign spy who paid Russians to dig dirt on Trump.

Amazing you're so ignorant of Steele.

Use a dictionary and answer these questions:

Is Steele a foreigner?

Did Steele spy?

Did Steele pay Russians for information?

Did Steele receive Hillary money?

But that's ok, becaluse Hillary isntlTrump, right?
Even if you want to play that fractured connect the dot game - so yeah okay Clinton is guilty too.

That doesn't stop the fact that the President of the USA admitted he would gladly work with a foreign govt...

He said it.
You can't spin it.

As for Clinton -- that's in Barr's hands. So far no indictments for any Democrat in all of this.
And there probably will never be but it is something that Republicans will claim for years to come.....some Deep State theory that Barr wasn't able to properly do an investigation because of goblins and gremlins or something equally ludicrous.

I have no loyalty to Clinton -- I don't care if she is found guilty and goes to jail.

She's not the President right right now.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Whats chilling is, the left has no clue what a sense of humor is....that or takes everyone at the exact words that come out of a person mouth....
Trump was not joking when he admitted this week he would work with a foreign govt.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:03 AM

What if Trump told Putin through a proxy, "This is my last election, I'll have more flexibility after my election."

You leftists would come unglued. Typical hypocrites.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
What if Trump told Putin through a proxy, "This is my last election, I'll have more flexibility after my election."

You leftists would come unglued. Typical hypocrites.
Ya'll actually DID come unglued when PRESIDENT Obama said that. He was actually President at the time - not some reality star television campaigner.

As such - there was nothing wrong with him saying that.

One thing for sure - he didn't stand on the world stage and throw his CIA under the bus while siding with Putin in Helsinki.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ya'll actually DID come unglued when PRESIDENT Obama said that. He was actually President at the time - not some reality star television campaigner.

One thing for sure - he didn't stand on the world stage and throw his CIA under the bus while siding with Putin in Helsinki.
So you do realize this was in comparison with what PRESIDENT Trump might do in the future, but hasn't, right? And yes, there is everything wrong with him saying that especially when he lambasted Romney for saying Russia was our greatest geo-political adversary. "The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back", turned out to make Obama look like a dumba-s.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Obama did say that and there is truth in it.

Trump will have more flexibility to work with foreign leaders if he wins in 2020.Soon and definitely next year Trump's ability to work deals, influence the House or Senate -- will be crippled by the election process.

President's in a Presidential election year struggle to get anything done....especially if they don't control the House AND Senate.

Trump has a short window right now to work a deal with China...because of the last election he will ever run next year.

Does that make him some diabolical politician - no -- just reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies