Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 10:30 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Thanks for asking...

I was enrolled into Trump University by filling out an application I found on the back of a milk carton. Proud graduate!
That makes no sense. Trump understands that excessive demand on limited supply increases prices.
Quote:
You? Are you an economics professor or something like that?
Supply and demand is NOT an advanced topic. It's actually quite rudimentary, which makes the fact that you don't understand it even more curious as to WHAT institution of higher learning awarded you an MBA in light of your such extreme lack of knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 10:32 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
An economy can be “good” or “strong” and not everyone benefiting equally or proportionally.

There is an inverse relationship between population size and resources per person. As we see more mass migration and population increases there will be greater levels of income inequality.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:45 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Quote:
Any data to help put your perspective into PROPER perspective?

I've seen estimates that put the number of illegals in America at between 10 million and 20 million. Note how I use at least one source of reference to substantiate my comment here. Try it some time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega..._United_States

U.S. population is around 327.2 million.

https://www.google.com/search?q=popu...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Do the math and just how much impact on rents do you believe under 5% of the population can have all considered? Especially if many share the same roof?

Can't be the sort of pressures a growing economy can have on the housing market like has been going on for a very long time now. Right? Can't have anything to do with the gentrification going on all across the country. Gentrification. Take a break from your cousin and look it up.

Just because a racist or bigot or xenophobe goes on about how they are pure of heart and mind doesn't mean they are not a racist or bigot or xenophobe as they forever go on fighting their phobic windmills!
Let’s say there are 10 million illegals and each household of illegals contains 7 of them.

10,000,000/7=1,428,571

What would happen to everyone’s cost of living if nearly 1.5 million private residences were suddenly available?

Old 07-07-2019, 10:56 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Let’s say there are 10 million illegals and each household of illegals contains 7 of them.

10,000,000/7=1,428,571

What would happen to everyone’s cost of living if nearly 1.5 million private residences were suddenly available?
how do they "suddenly" become available?

Old 07-07-2019, 11:08 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That makes no sense. Trump understands that excessive demand on limited supply increases prices. Supply and demand is NOT an advanced topic. It's actually quite rudimentary, which makes the fact that you don't understand it even more curious as to WHAT institution of higher learning awarded you an MBA in light of your such extreme lack of knowledge.
I've got to sign off now. Thanks because you often have a way of reminding me I should have some time ago...

Beginning with your premise that I don't understand something as rudimentary as supply & demand, all the rest is just as silly, so forgive me yet again if I don't waste time entertaining still more of your comments while you make it obvious you aren't reading mine!

Old 07-07-2019, 11:13 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:

10,000,000/7=1,428,571

If you want to do the math, properly, you should at least establish what percent of all residences in America are represented by 1,428,571. Then too what the average rents are where these residences are mostly located and whether the demand for housing in these areas is strong or weak. For example, what is the apartment vacancy rate where most of these illegals are renting? Not sure where you live, but I've noticed that apartment vacancies in the poorest areas tend to be among the highest.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Have a 401k? Hoping to be able to retire?

"Greg Valliere, a veteran political strategist at AGF Investments, wrote in a commentary this past week. "The Democrats want huge new federal programs, higher taxes, more regulation, federal aid for illegal immigration, and perhaps more damaging, their dystopian view of the country seems wildly exaggerated, as the unemployment rate sits at 3.6%.".

Valliere tells Barron's: "The markets are starting to embrace the idea that Trump wins reelection. Most of the people in the markets don't like him personally, but they like his policies."

https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...on-51562374391

Old 07-07-2019, 12:07 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Quote:
If you want to do the math, properly, you should at least establish what percent of all residences in America are represented by 1,428,571. Then too what the average rents are where these residences are mostly located and whether the demand for housing in these areas is strong or weak. For example, what is the apartment vacancy rate where most of these illegals are renting? Not sure where you live, but I've noticed that apartment vacancies in the poorest areas tend to be among the highest.
Look, you guys whine about how people supposedly cannot afford to live anymore.

Well, a huge component of ones living expenses are housing. It’s indisputable that adding 1.5 million dwellings would have a profound effect on rent prices.

You cannot vehemently defend illegals and at the same time whine about the plight of poor people. Doesn’t make any sense.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:43 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
More than anything I think it's critical thinking that is asking too much of most people...
So says he who can't even wrap his brain around Geo-Political Strategy.

Quote:
No doubt you are being "honest" about this sort of shaming directed at those who for all variety of countless reasons are struggling like far too many millions of Americans do.
Someone who spends $1,200 on tattoos and then whines because they don't have $400 for an emergency deserves to be shamed.

All they had to do is put $400 in a bank and spend only $800 on tattoos, but they are too weak to do that and for that they deserved to be shamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I would find the elimination of poverty in this country very inspiring.
The only people on Earth who can eliminate "poverty" are the people in "poverty."

And, to do that, the people in "poverty" just have to want it to end.

But, they don't want it to end, because their only interest is acquiring beer, drugs, tattoos, lotto tickets, silly video games and other nonsense.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Look, you guys whine about how people supposedly cannot afford to live anymore.

Well, a huge component of ones living expenses are housing. It’s indisputable that adding 1.5 million dwellings would have a profound effect on rent prices.

You cannot vehemently defend illegals and at the same time whine about the plight of poor people. Doesn’t make any sense.
It depends would 1.5 million buy these or would owners turn say studios into one bedrooms. This isn't an easy ceteris parabis one variable becomes constant issue.. Hell the properties might be in an already open market too. Stop trying to make a complicated issue into a black and white one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies