Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 06:07 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Many native Americans were able to protect themselves from the American government; unfortunately, most couldn't.

It's so ironic that you use examples of US tyranny to justify the removal of the right to resist US tyranny.
You missed the point. Resistance is futile. The second amendment serves no purpose and never did. Repealing it would. That could spare thousands of lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 06:07 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Yes that sounds like a good idea, we could let off some 'nukes' to teach those 'Commie reds' a lesson - nobody dies (nobody important anyway) everyone's a winner
I can see you as a Jew back then.

"Well family there's not much we can do, best to hop on the train and head to the death camp."

Of course there were those who survived by helping load and process those trains.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You missed the point. Resistance is futile. The second amendment serves no purpose and never did. Repealing it would. That could spare thousands of lives.
20 years of the US in Afghanistan would say otherwise.They are resisting.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:10 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Yeah, no government has ever murdered their own citizens.

Lol.

This sets a new level of naive.

Yeah right on, I mean we here in the UK are at huge risk of genocide from our own government! What the bloody hell am I going to do! If only I could pick up a 'semi automatic' from Asda's - I could probably take out a few 'bad guys' while I wait for my government to attack me too! Great idea! The ONLY downside I can see is the astronomical increase in the death rate in the UK. As you pointed out, if only the UK was just like 'Afghanistan' (or as I like to call it 'heaven on earth'), how much happier we would all be.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:16 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Yeah right on, I mean we here in the UK are at huge risk of genocide from our own government! What the bloody hell am I going to do! :
You probably know your history better than I but seems like the Scots would agree with this.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:22 AM

The Red Ox tavern, Boston, November 4, 1774:

Ponderosa, "The British have the most powerful navy in the world. King George commands the most well equipped and trained army. What do we have? Some merchant vessels and a bunch of farmers. We should submit to King George and beg for our lives. The idea of resisting England is madness."

Old 08-06-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You probably know your history better than I but seems like the Scots would agree with this.
Don't believe that Mel Gibson nonsense about the bloody Scots:-

William Wallace’s Invasion of Northern England in 1297 » De Re Militari

Did you know that the first time England and Scotland were united under one king it was because the Scottish king took the English throne? No thought not.

And of course you are quite right - if only in 1297 the Scots had 'semi-automatics' I'm sure William Wallace could have murdered far more! The UK is of course EXACTLY the same as it was 700+ years ago.

When the queen finally decides to murder all of her subjects and 'releases the corgi's' I will be only too sorry not to have something to shoot her with.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:23 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
.....Ues, yes it could. And that's why we need the 2nd and our guns. This is exactly why our FF gave us the 2nd and the right to bear arms. They knew there was a possibility one day a Government would try to take away our Democratic freedoms and possibly ship us off "Re-education Camps".

Would you ever fight for your freedom?
I don't disagree...but I would not give the FF a Gold Star.

They ruled a country where only a very small percentage of white men were able to vote.

The members of the U.S. senate were appointed by the state legislatures until 1913

Members of those legislatures were elected by the same small group of white male voters until well after the FF were deceased and the franchise was widened in the individual states.

The president of the U.S. was selected by the Electoral College whose members were selected by the same small number of white male votes in the states. It was decades before this changed from state to state, and the president is still not elected by popular vote.

The FF, many of whom were slave owners, allowed human slavery in the U.S. republic. Jefferson who blew some of the most glorious mouth farts about freedom believed in the inferiority of the black Africans, Washington at least changed his mind on the subject before he died.

Many of the FF were rich provincial aristocrats who wanted to be running the governments of the 13 colonies rather than have this done by English officials, how much they believed in our present-day ideas about democracy is a matter of considerable question.

As for the FF know there was the possibility of Re -education camps blah-blah-blah. BS. They were ordinary human beings, none of them prescient, and a fair number of them not very democratic at all. Read some of Washington's correspondence written in his second term...he was royally pissed that ordinary mechanics (laborers) wanted a hand in running the government.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah right on, I mean we here in the UK are at huge risk of genocide from our own government! What the bloody hell am I going to do! If only I could pick up a 'semi automatic' from Asda's - I could probably take out a few 'bad guys' while I wait for my government to attack me too! Great idea! The ONLY downside I can see is the astronomical increase in the death rate in the UK. As you pointed out, if only the UK was just like 'Afghanistan' (or as I like to call it 'heaven on earth'), how much happier we would all be.
Tell that to the 275 million people murdered by their government s in the last 100 years.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
The Red Ox tavern, Boston, November 4, 1774:

Ponderosa, "The British have the most powerful navy in the world. King George commands the most well equipped and trained army. What do we have? Some merchant vessels and a bunch of farmers. We should submit to King George and beg for our lives. The idea of resisting England is madness."
Blast you colonials! If only you didn't have your colt 45's we would be sending our mightiest galleons to you RIGHT NOW to teach you all a lesson! We have had them moored up in Plymouth for 200+ years waiting ready for you to reject the "2nd amendment" (whatever the fook that means) - as soon as you do you are in BIG trouble!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies