Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 12:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
The deep-pocketed tycoons that pay almost no taxes now (thanks to Trump) should pick up a large portion of the tab for both, sick American kids, as well as foreign children who’s families came here legally to treat terminal illnesses, but these old greedy rich people apparently want to be buried with more money than they’ll use in their lifetime. I’m not rich but I donate what I can to various charities including ones that involve sick kids.
Sick American kids, yes.

Sick foreign kids, no.

But you are more than welcome to sponsor a sick foreign kid at your own expense though. It is a free country.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:31 PM

Why do lefties believe that American tax payers should be footing medical bills for everyone in the world? I totally understand the rationale of helping fellow Americans, but foreigners? Do they think money grow on trees?

Old 09-01-2019, 12:38 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
The deep-pocketed tycoons that pay almost no taxes now (thanks to Trump) should pick up a large portion of the tab for both, sick American kids, as well as foreign children who’s families came here legally to treat terminal illnesses, but these old greedy rich people apparently want to be buried with more money than they’ll use in their lifetime. I’m not rich but I donate what I can to various charities including ones that involve sick kids.

There are plenty of "old greedy rich people" in the other countries these kids come from and they don't want to pay for it either. Idealistic "shoulds" don't work in the real world anywhere.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:39 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Of course they won't answer"

A I said earlier, it HAS been answered on MOST of the dozens of threads and hundreds of posts on the sibject.

We know you have read them because yall' responded to them.

Making new threads on that same issue over and over is not going to change anything.

I didn't start this thread.

Can you show me where any bleeding hearts answered these questions posed to them?

Old 09-01-2019, 01:49 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I didn't start this thread.

Can you show me where any bleeding hearts answered these questions posed to them?
Yes, I’d like to see that too.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:38 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Once again, what RationalExpectations said regarding a different issue comes to mind:

"A progressive is someone who feels a great debt to society, which debt they will gladly repay with your money."

Old 09-01-2019, 04:21 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Who pays for their medical treatment?
It doesn't matter, because neither you nor I can know. But we do know they were allowed into the country legally, and for 24 months. These children will die if their treatment can not be continued.

How cold-hearted can you get?

Old 09-01-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It doesn't matter, because neither you nor I can know. But we do know they were allowed into the country legally, and for 24 months. These children will die if their treatment can not be continued.

A lot of children in the world will die if they don't get necessary medical treatment. Maybe we should start sending Boeings to every corner of the planet to pick them up and drop them in the states to get medical treatment....right? US has unlimited resources and money. I am sure we can accommodate 1 billion something more people. No biggie

I commend your bleeding heart, but you don't live in reality.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:57 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
A lot of children in the world will die if they don't get necessary medical treatment. Maybe we should start sending Boeings to every corner of the planet to pick them up and drop them in the states to get medical treatment....right? US has unlimited resources and money. I am sure we can accommodate 1 billion something more people. No biggie

I commend your bleeding heart, but you don't live in reality.
Thisssssssssssssss.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:07 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

Have you found a letter sending them home early? The letter in the article is for someone who requested an extension and were informed they would not receive an extension. Some have been here since 2013 and many have a life long, incurable condition. How long do you expect the US to keep them here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies