Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2019, 09:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm catholic, went to catholic schools and church almost every day. We were taught to love and accept everyone as Jesus did. What's offensive is people claiming to be christian in order to hide behind their intolerance and prejudice. And these kind of people should be called out and shamed because they are not true christians.
So you love and accept everyone as Jesus died, except for people claiming to be Christian that you deem intolerant?

That's not exactly what Jesus would do.

We cannot save the world. If you would allow your family members to starve in the street while taking in strangers to feed - then shame on you.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:08 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Sorry, I'm not ashamed for believing the religion I was taught. Why would I. We were taught by nuns and priests. Obviously you were taught something different with your religion. Maybe you should be shamed for that.
What does religion have to do with how we run our country?

Old 08-31-2019, 09:10 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?

I call BS. Prove it.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555
So is it being intolerant to not want to receive millions of the worlds less fortunate, illegally.. into America without ceasing? With no end in sight? Millions pouring across a wide open, unenforced open border? Is it intolerant to think that this is not logical or sustainable? Is it intolerant for a country to want its own citizens to be looked after and assisted first, and foremost? Are all the citizens of Switzerland, Canada, Norway, and so on...all phony Christians for enforcing their borders and not taking every soul in the universe in? You should be shamed for spewing such garbage.
Quote:
Sorry, I'm not ashamed for believing the religion I was taught. Why would I. We were taught by nuns and priests. Obviously you were taught something different with your religion. Maybe you should be shamed for that.

Way not to answer the question.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:11 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So you love and accept everyone as Jesus died, except for people claiming to be Christian that you deem intolerant?

That's not exactly what Jesus would do.

We cannot save the world. If you would allow your family members to starve in the street while taking in strangers to feed - then shame on you.
Fake christians are the ones who are intolerant, not me. Perhaps you should talk to them to understand why.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:12 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
post after post after post, with people more concerned that someone might get to their money than they are about dying children. And yet not a single post from anyone with even a scintilla of evidence about how this medical care for these sick kids is paid for other than one mention of someone being part of a research study, where the costs are borne by a private company. All just assumptions that conflate immigration status with the cost of medical treatment.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Fake christians are the ones who are intolerant, not me. Perhaps you should talk to them to understand why.
You feel the need to call out and shame people who don't agree with you. That isn't at all tolerant. And it's far from Christian, if you're going to play that game.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:18 PM

1,199 posts, read 639,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
. . . you are living in a fantasy world. Per capita, whites get FAR less welfare than other races in this country.
What part is fantasy? Are you denying that generational welfare recipients who reliably vote Republican exist, or are you simply saying I shouldn’t care about that because non-whites also get welfare?

I’m opposed to all forms of welfare abuse. So I’ll certainly point out the hypocrisy of a legion of MAGA proponents who subsist entirely on taxpayer-funded government benefits. I personally pay enough in annual taxes to fund a family of redhats. Or a family of Mexicans, for that matter. It’s pretty rich when people who get free stuff without producing complain about other people who get free stuff without producing.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:20 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You feel the need to call out and shame people who don't agree with you. That isn't at all tolerant. And it's far from Christian, if you're going to play that game.
Oh please. I'm not calling them out because they don't agree with me. I'm calling them out for being fake.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Oh please. I'm not calling them out because they don't agree with me. I'm calling them out for being fake.
As deemed by you.

It doesn't matter why you're calling out people and shaming them - the only thing that matters is that you are.

Very intolerant and not at all Christ-like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies