Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 01:07 PM

211 posts, read 117,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
And for those telling me to send money to help, I have sent what I could also to other organizations as well.

I imagine some of you greedy types sit in your recliners with a shotgun thinking to yourselves, you’re not taking anything from me!
No, you haven't.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:18 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And what are you doing about it? Have you sponsored any of these sick kids and are personally responsible for the costs of their care? Have you gone to a third world country and tirelessly worked to help all the sick people there? Or do you expect the taxpayers to shoulder the entire burden while you engage in name calling?

We have Americans who can't get proper health care and end up dying as a result. Charity starts at home. That means we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over, then we help others.

For example, do you ignore the needs of your own family and put the needs of a total stranger ahead of your family? If you put the needs of total strangers ahead of the needs of your family, then that is "deplorable".
and once again, irrelevant to the issue of immigration status. Do you know how the medical treatment is being paid for? Because nothing I've seen discusses that at all. Just an assumption by the Repugnant Right that somehow, someone, somewhere is taking some of their precious money. You know who is taking your precious money? Donald Trump and the rest of the 1% are laughing their asses off to the bank, knowing that their money is coming out of the pockets of the middle class.

But sure, if it makes you feel better, you can cheer the idea of sick kids being kicked out of the country to die even though even if tax payers are paying, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what the wealthy in this country steals from the middle class every minute of every day.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Doing this does NOT make our country safer....this is another scare tactic from this bully president. This entire thing has Stephen Miller written all over it.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:41 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Here's a suggestion.

Instead of taxpayers picking up the tab for these kids, how abut tRump's Evangelical base making charitable contributions for the good of their Christian souls?

Seems like someone among tRump's "best people in the world" could have come up with this w/o my help.

No, why don't liberals like you who think it's our responsibility to take care of illegals go pay for it.

You act like all repubs are bible bangers, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:45 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
TN is the birthplace of the klan. I've been there a few times - more rednecks there than here in NC, or at least that's how they came across to me. Couldn't pay me to live there nor any other Southern Bible belt state. Bunch of hypocrites. I can't wait to move West - even political nuts out there can't be as bad as the ones down South. As far as taking care of anchor babies, citizens have been doing so for years. None of you complain about footing bills for the 1% or wealthy corporations, right?
Good, get out of the South. So many transplants are coming here, even one less person would make it better.

Hate to break it to ya, but go to any rural area in any state and you'll find rednecks, they just might not have southern accents.

There sure isn't anything redneck about my neck of the woods.

And explain how I'm footing the bills for corporations worth billions?? Enlighten me.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:50 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
and once again, irrelevant to the issue of immigration status. Do you know how the medical treatment is being paid for? Because nothing I've seen discusses that at all. Just an assumption by the Repugnant Right that somehow, someone, somewhere is taking some of their precious money. You know who is taking your precious money? Donald Trump and the rest of the 1% are laughing their asses off to the bank, knowing that their money is coming out of the pockets of the middle class.

But sure, if it makes you feel better, you can cheer the idea of sick kids being kicked out of the country to die even though even if tax payers are paying, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what the wealthy in this country steals from the middle class every minute of every day.
So...a shortened version of your tirade would be --- The heck with Americans who can't get proper care and end up dying. You apparently "cheer the idea of sick [American] kids" dying for lack of proper medical care.

Americans come first and foremost.

You never did answer the questions --- Would you put the needs of a total stranger ahead of the needs of your own family? Have you sponsored a sick foreign born kid and paid for all their medical care out of your own pocket? Have you gone to a third world country and devoted your time to caring for sick people in that country?

BTW, I laugh at your ignorant assumption that everybody who doesn't agree with you has to be a republican.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:58 PM

17,617 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Why do American liberals want U.S. babies with special needs to die so they can pay for illegal rapists to have welfare benefits and free medical care?

Old 08-30-2019, 03:59 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The first case is a kid with cystic fibrosis. There really isn't a cure, though sometimes lung transplants are done. According to this clip[, absolutely no hospital in Honduras has treatment for cystic fibrosis. So if we don't let him stay and pay his bills he will die.
He’s going to die eventually anyhow. We all are. You. Me. Everyone reading this. He’s not our problem to pay for.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:59 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Per the Boston Globe:

Consider the case of Marie and her 13-year-old son. They were visiting Boston in 2013 when the boy fell ill. He was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia, a genetic condition for which he’s been treated at Boston Medical Center. She filed for medical deferred action almost immediately and they were approved in 2017. The status, valid for two years, meant she could get a work permit and he would be granted MassHealth and afford access to life-saving care. She is required to bring him into BMC for monitoring every two months; otherwise acute problems might arise that can result in brain damage or kidney failure, she said. Last week, Marie got a denial letter from US Citizenship and Immigration Services after filing for a renewal. They were instructed to leave within 33 days or else risk deportation.

OK, she comes in on a tourist visa and her son becomes ill (by some miracle his sickle cell anemia makes itself known while they are visiting a first world country with the essential medical care required.) She files and gets approved in 2017 (wonder what she was doing between 2013-2017). Now it seems her renewal has been denied.

“I can’t go back to Haiti,” Marie said in an interview on Monday organized by local immigration advocates. “I won’t find this medical care for him there.”
Thanks for all the info.

Yes, it's quite a coincidence that Jonathan's sickle cell anemia made its presence known while he and his mother were here on a tourist visa.

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/treatments.html

From the link:

People with sickle cell disease (SCD) start to have signs of the disease during the first year of life, usually around 5 months of age. Symptoms and complications of SCD are different for each person and can range from mild to severe.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

I don't know how it's being paid but. I did see an interview of a doctor who invited a young girl over from Guatemala to be part of some Medical trial. Apparently this was some rare disease and they needed a certain number of peeps to participate. He specifically said the medical center invited her. Does that mean they paid for it? Or what? Got permission from the government to invite them over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies