Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yeah, yeah, you hate Trump.
I'm just a mirror.

I reflect tRump's hatred back at him.

Quote:
Rah rah illegal aliens while US citizens sleep on the street because of liberal policies.
Conservos, on the other hand, hire illegals by the millions to undercut American workers. Poultry, meat packing, home construction, etc...

Enlighten me, where are the Pub policies addressing homelessness?

Calling your bluff.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:01 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?
Years ago a pediatrician in Houston specialized in treating HIV positive infants and children.

Rather than bring them all to the USA and Houston, he opened clinics in the home countries.

They trained the medical people and treated the kids where they lived.

And yes, I gave them lots of money for clinics in another country.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:14 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The walls help prevent these illegals from entering our country and sucking up our taxes, healthcare, jobs and resources that should go to Americans instead. Ever think about that?
I think enough to know that Jesus himself wouldn't care if a sick child is white, brown or black. Sending these kids back will be a death sentence & boy is he gonna be pissed.
I think enough to realize that whatever this president promises his rabid fan base, they will believe.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:28 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I don't go to church. But we do care about our people---our own.

If we let one sick person in we have to let every sick person on earth in.

People don't realize that the USA looks like a giant freebee to basically everyone.

You go down there and pay these kids' hospital bills.
Wrong. That statement is totally illogical. We have no obligation to allow every sick person in just because some are already here. Try again. Besides, we obviously don't care about our own people as you claim because we don't even have healthcare for "our own people." So the US is a giant failure for ALL people: our citizens and noncitizens. We're a complete and utter embarrassment when it comes to taking care of everyone's health.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:33 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
More crocodile tears from another bleeding heart. We have our own to take care of. We have over 16 million American children who go hungry every day. WE have over 500,000 homeless Americans. Liberals couldn't give a rats azz about our own. A bunch of phonies. But they sure crawl out under from their rocks to support illegals and to kiss their back sides. Trying to reason with a bleeding heart is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. Go down to the border and show your support by contributing somehow if it concerns you so much.
"We have to take care of our own first" rings kind of hollow when you're focused on blowing a trillion dollar whole in the budget deficit to fund tax cuts for the wealthy instead of taking care of our own, don't you think?

Old 08-30-2019, 09:21 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The OP seems to be referencing children with ongoing medical issues that he argues should be paid for by the American taxpayer and the patient is entitled to permanent residency.
I never said anything about “permanent residency”! I do think that if Trump hadn’t given the rich huge tax breaks, some of that money could have been used to treat these dying kids, and hopefully cure their disease and send them to their native countries.

As far as people native to the US, I give as much time and money to shelters and health clinics as I’m able to. This is a big reason that we need universal health care. Everybody should have access to quality healthcare. That’s a big reason why we need a president who agrees with this. The useless wall money could go a long way to save lives.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:34 AM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Or you could say i realize staying in your own country is a death sentence, glad we could help your family to survive in our country, welcome.
You could not only say this, but bring along your checkbook to help that family survive here. Rachel could also contribute.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:42 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?
There are hospitals in their own Countries. Google it!

Old 08-30-2019, 10:54 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
As I understand it, at least one of the kids in California has an extremely rare condition. Some Drs. in the San Francisco area were doing research, looking for patients. She was invited to come there for experimental reasons. Her family is self supporting and her monthly enzyme transfusion is paid for by insurance is only available there.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:09 AM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The president did not do anything, he did not make the laws, Congress did. Now they are merely being enforced.

If you nor anyone does not like the laws, then get them changed.

At that, how cruel is it no other country with such medical facilities are not stepping up to take them in? The UK? Germany? Sweden? Japan? Anyone?

Who is paying for this medical care?
The first case Madcow mentioned came in on a tourist visa, which ran out. Mom applied for permission to remain through a program called Medical Deferred Action, which permits immigrants to remain legally for a time to obtain desperately needed healthcare. I believe Medicaid is paying for this one. "Jonathan was practically dying when we got here 3 years ago ..... " So if I've gotten my facts straight, the citizens of Massachusetts (along with everyone who pays Federal taxes) have been paying for cystic fibrosis care for Jonathan for 3 years. President Trump wants to put an end to the program, or at least start denying people visa renewals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies