Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 10:10 PM

32,074 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Why do liberals want to use our tax dollars and our resources to save the entire rest of the world? Should everyone with a life threatening illness be given free reign to come to America for free healthcare?
This is what our country has always been about. But do you know what your tax dollars really go to

Old 08-29-2019, 10:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is what our country has always been about. But do you know what your tax dollars really go to
We'd like to keep our tax dollars and use them as we see fit. Do you pay federal and state taxes? Of course, local property and sales tax is another ball of wax.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:14 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Answer - Because Trump is a horrible horrible horrible person with little interest and zero empathy for anyone other than himself.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We'd like to keep our tax dollars and use them as we see fit. Do you pay federal and state taxes? Of course, local property and sales tax is another ball of wax.
But you have no control where your taxes go.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:18 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,672,260 times
Quote:
This is what our country has always been about.
What, it's about blowing our money and resources on people who aren't citizens?

No, I think not.

If these were American kids there wouldn't even be this thread.

Let's help them first.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:21 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We could use the money that we pay to have our military stationed all over the world and that we use to pay to other countries. We'd have plenty then.
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the expression "Charity starts at home". If what you want to happen does happen, that money needs to be used to help suffering Americans first and foremost. Period.

Somehow I doubt that you, as a mother, would ignore your own suffering children in favor of non-family members.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:34 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Katie, you might get some of what you want if your people would stop supporting illegals over American citizens and focus on what the Democrat party used to stand for. Most of us here who are Trumpers are former Democrats, with families who were lifelong Democrats for generations. The party has abandoned us and it needs to get back to its roots in order to win and to get an agenda through that will help working Americans.
^^^^This post is spot on I ran out of rep or I would have repped you.

I, too, was once a staunch democrat and had family members who were lifelong democrats. When democrats decided to put illegals ahead of the millions of underemployed and unemployed suffering American citizens, they lost me. These days, neither party is looking out for us but there once was a time when dems could be counted on to do so.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I, too, was once a staunch democrat and had family members who were lifelong democrats. When democrats decided to put illegals ahead of the millions of underemployed and unemployed suffering American citizens, they lost me. These days, neither party is looking out for us but there once was a time when dems could be counted on to do so.
And, President Trump has picked up on this. I just wish the Democrats would pick up on things and realize what people want instead of calling their own constituents racist for wanting a Fair Deal.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Where is this nonsense coming from. I’m sorry but many Americans are lazy and don’t want certain jobs. Without them we will have a job shortage. There are many jobs working on farms. What American wants it. Stop listening to Trumps lies

Old 08-29-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Where is this nonsense coming from. I’m sorry but many Americans are lazy and don’t want certain jobs. Without them we will have a job shortage. There are many jobs working on farms. What American wants it. Stop listening to Trumps lies
Which jobs? By importing millions of brown people who can easily be taken advantage of, working-class Americans get a raw deal. Do you realize that wages are depressed when there is a gluttony of labor? Or do you not? I suspect you do not understand the basics of supply and demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies