Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 05:03 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know how it's being paid but. I did see an interview of a doctor who invited a young girl over from Guatemala to be part of some Medical trial. Apparently this was some rare disease and they needed a certain number of peeps to participate. He specifically said the medical center invited her. Does that mean they paid for it? Or what? Got permission from the government to invite them over?
Clinical trials are typically paid for by private companies, the drug manufacturers whose product is being tested. There are several phases of trials required before a new drug can get FDA approval to be sold in the US. The pharma companies pay the hospitals the costs to conduct the trial, which can include travel expenses for participants especially if it's difficult to recruit enough people.

This is what I do for a living - negotiate trial agreements for an academic medical center that conducts a lot of pharma-funded research.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:04 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...a shortened version of your tirade would be --- The heck with Americans who can't get proper care and end up dying. You apparently "cheer the idea of sick [American] kids" dying for lack of proper medical care.

Americans come first and foremost.

You never did answer the questions --- Would you put the needs of a total stranger ahead of the needs of your own family? Have you sponsored a sick foreign born kid and paid for all their medical care out of your own pocket? Have you gone to a third world country and devoted your time to caring for sick people in that country?

BTW, I laugh at your ignorant assumption that everybody who doesn't agree with you has to be a republican.
go argue with the straw man you just created because you just made all of that crap up, it has nothing to do with anything I posted.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Gimme an effin' break - Republicans don't care about our own poor or homeless either. If you're poor it's your own fault because you're lazy and immoral.. So you don't deserve ANYTHING...not even a hole to be buried in. So don't try to sell that you just care about "citizens" - you represent the phonies.
Well at least you were honest and admitted that the dems dont care about our poor and homeless anymore than the GOP does. Most anti-republican types won't be honest about it.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I didn't say anyone in particular was. I posed a hypothetical question. Are there any circumstances under which non-American children should be allowed to seek health care in the United States.
Sure many.

Here legally.

Parents are paying for it.

Hospital or Charity has sponsored them.

What should never happen is any illegal take priority over a citizen. Now I donate a Grand a year to Smile train. I am, all for helping the disadvantaged. I am never for turning our backs on our own in favor of helping outsiders. 600,000 homeless should be at the head of the line in front of any foreigner.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:03 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
go argue with the straw man you just created because you just made all of that crap up, it has nothing to do with anything I posted.
Now you're deflecting.

Everything I asked you has to do with the topic at hand.

Do you deny that there are American citizens who end up dying because they didn't get the care they needed?

You claim to have compassion for non-Americans in this situation, yet where is your compassion for Americans who need such help and can't get it?

Why do you think we should help non-Americans when there are Americans that go without?

Sorry if it all makes you feel so uncomfortable. Your non-answers speak volumes.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:31 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Wow.
No documentation, no case histories, no evidence. Just the claim that "Trump is sending sick kids away".

The Racheal Maddow video provided a copy of the deportation order from USCIS, so yes there is documentation of this Trump policy.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
The Racheal Maddow video provided a copy of the deportation order from USCIS, so yes there is documentation of this Trump policy.
Shrug, so what? I feel for the children I really do. I feel worse for our own who are ignored so that we can grant asylum or refugee status to foreigners while we have 600,000 homeless people. How many of those homeless need medical care right now?

I wonder how many of those homeless are cool with being told they can spend another winter sleeping in the elements, but hey at least we helped a few hundred families from Somalia have a good life here in the states.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:52 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,381,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
The notion being that the undocumented are eligible for and get everything for free, is just not the case:

https://www.upworthy.com/illegal-imm...s-and-benefits

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...medicare-free/

I do agree however that there are plenty enough citizens already struggling and in need of care who should be considered the priority.
The cost of illegal immigration is a net loss to the US economy of more than $100B

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...ates-taxpayers

Old 08-31-2019, 12:13 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Shrug, so what? I feel for the children I really do. I feel worse for our own who are ignored so that we can grant asylum or refugee status to foreigners while we have 600,000 homeless people. How many of those homeless need medical care right now?

I wonder how many of those homeless are cool with being told they can spend another winter sleeping in the elements, but hey at least we helped a few hundred families from Somalia have a good life here in the states.
And do u know that 1/4 of those 600,000 homeless people in America are children? Dems don't give a sh**t about that though. And they don't give a ratz butt about aborted children...now all the sudden they're concerned about the children of illegal aliens??? Remember the devil disguised himself as an angel of light too...

Old 08-31-2019, 05:12 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
In those instances, the children are treated until they are well and expected to return to their native country.

The OP seems to be referencing children with ongoing medical issues that he argues should be paid for by the American taxpayer and the patient is entitled to permanent residency.
"The OP seems to be referencing", IMO he isn't referencing ANYTHING, just blowing out more TDS B.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies