Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 08:44 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
More crocodile tears from another bleeding heart. We have our own to take care of. We have over 16 million American children who go hungry every day. WE have over 500,000 homeless Americans. Liberals couldn't give a rats azz about our own. A bunch of phonies. But they sure crawl out under from their rocks to support illegals and to kiss their back sides. Trying to reason with a bleeding heart is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. Go down to the border and show your support by contributing somehow if it concerns you so much.
Gimme an effin' break - Republicans don't care about our own poor or homeless either. If you're poor it's your own fault because you're lazy and immoral.. So you don't deserve ANYTHING...not even a hole to be buried in. So don't try to sell that you just care about "citizens" - you represent the phonies.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:47 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I am a liberal and here are just some of my posts. You are so wrong, especially on what I underlined. Most Americans, whether left or right would agree that you need to help our own first. What I generally find is conservatives don't want to help anyone, including our own.
Katie, you might get some of what you want if your people would stop supporting illegals over American citizens and focus on what the Democrat party used to stand for. Most of us here who are Trumpers are former Democrats, with families who were lifelong Democrats for generations. The party has abandoned us and it needs to get back to its roots in order to win and to get an agenda through that will help working Americans.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:08 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Or you could say i realize staying in your own country is a death sentence, glad we could help your family to survive in our country, welcome.
in case it hasn't been asked/answered ... how much money annually would you write a check for, so they could get this care? and while we're at it, what % of your annual income or assets (if you're a trust fund baby) does this represent?

Old 08-29-2019, 09:15 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
These people & their kids aren't here illegally. They applied for, and received a medical waiver allowing them to remain in the country for medical treatment. That permission is now being abruptly withdrawn, with very short notice. If the notice had been, say, six months, I doubt people would have gotten so upset over it. But 33 days to find a new place in another country to have a seriously ill child treated is pretty darned short.
in theory, shy the last now-redacted sentence, at least you're willing to discuss the facts of the situation.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:40 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,382,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
But if these kids made it here as asylum seekers, they are our responsibility under international law, I believe.
Wrong - Asylum applies to those in fear of persecution in home country under international law. It does not apply to those that are here for economic or health reasons. https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-united-states

Quote:
Asylum is a protection granted to foreign nationals already in the United States or at the border who meet the international law definition of a “refugee.” The United Nations 1951 Convention and 1967 Protocol define a refugee as a person who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her home country, and cannot obtain protection in that country, due to past persecution or a well-founded fear of being persecuted in the future “on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.”

Old 08-29-2019, 09:42 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
in case it hasn't been asked/answered ... how much money annually would you write a check for, so they could get this care? and while we're at it, what % of your annual income or assets (if you're a trust fund baby) does this represent?
They and the Billionaires of Silicon valley won't write checks to anyone. We know what their policies are doing to LA, SF, Seattle, Portland, and others formally great cities. They ruined Detroit, Baltimore and others. They will eventually do the same to everywhere they rule.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:55 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?
Why do liberals want to use our tax dollars and our resources to save the entire rest of the world? Should everyone with a life threatening illness be given free reign to come to America for free healthcare?

Old 08-29-2019, 09:55 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,382,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I am a liberal and here are just some of my posts. You are so wrong, especially on what I underlined. Most Americans, whether left or right would agree that you need to help our own first. What I generally find is conservatives don't want to help anyone, including our own.
A liberal is someone who wants to help someone using someone else's money.

Liberals want more tax so they can control how they money is spent. Conservatives want to choose how much and who they donate to. Studies show that Conservatives give more than Liberals on average.

Most conservatives are ok with helping those that genuinely deserve it, not to fix politician promises of free stuff for the world.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:01 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Or you could say i realize staying in your own country is a death sentence, glad we could help your family to survive in our country, welcome.
You can personally invite them to come to Canada for their surgery at the Canadian taxpayers' expense.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:03 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Um, because some humans have lost their sense of compassion for other less fortunate people ?

Compassion is what separates us from barbarians, when we lose that, we become one of them.
If you're so compassionate, then you open your own wallet and pay for their surgeries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies