Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 08:21 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,152,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
A better way to prevent the killing is to remove the guns. A much better way.

Do you know what the favored weapon of a rapist is? It's not a gun but a knife or a screwdriver. Why? Because the fear of disfigurement is powerful against women.

So don't think one is going to stop rape by taking away the guns from the crooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 08:22 AM

46,404 posts, read 27,265,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Everyone would be far better off if people always left their guns at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And you are absolutely right.

2750 people killed by Knives or cutting instruments, Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) and Personal weapons, (hands, fists, feet, etc.) - Completely 100% disagree with you....yea, facts....

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...a-table-11.xls

Old 09-04-2019, 08:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,900,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Won't impact me a bit. I reload 95% of my ammo. When I need 22's I buy from my gun guy.

Remember folks, never shop Walmart when there are other options.
Attention all seniors! You need to spend your retirement accounts stocking up on firearms and ammo NOW!

Old 09-04-2019, 08:23 AM

19,309 posts, read 16,848,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How many shootings have happened during a Wal-Mart black Friday?
I have no idea nor do I care. My comment was intended as humor but I forgot something. People around here don't have a sense of humor which, imo, is a big reason there's so much anger out there and in here.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:26 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,608,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
2750 people killed by Knives or cutting instruments, Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) and Personal weapons, (hands, fists, feet, etc.) - Completely 100% disagree with you....yea, facts....

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...a-table-11.xls
If your best counterpoint against passing legislation to reduce gun violence depends on navel-gazing about screwdriver deaths, you've already lost the argument.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Worse for me is Walmart is convenient for buying other stuff like Nutro cat food that no other grocery stores around here have, soda and other stuff that is cheaper there than other places. On principle I am debating stopping from going there all together because that CEO had to get political and choose to support a gun ban. One thing to make a corporate decision on a product, another to support gun bans and restrictions which would affect many many customers.

Despite what some say about the type of people who shop there I never went to mingle but to shop and stores in my area have always been as clean as other kinds of stores. This going to backfire like it did for Gillette with their "toxic masculinity " commercial that drove off many customers only to later have them apologizing and begging for them to come back
Walmart is not going to beg for you to come back. Have you noticed all the other stores Walmart has already put out of business such as Shopkos? Walmart has a monopoly now and can call the shots (shots more powerful than those of guns) .

Old 09-04-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
What? Did you even read or see the news story? They were riding in a car and when the shooting started, the mother climbed into the back seat to cover the children. She didn't even know anyone had been shot until she looked over and saw her little girl covered in blood. They were in a moving car. They weren't out on the street somewhere.
What the "good guy with the gun rhetoric" gets wrong is that mass shooters ambush their victims. Somehow the gun fanatics, who buy this spoon fed nonsense from the NRA, imagine some sort of a gun draw.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If your best counterpoint against passing legislation to reduce gun violence depends on navel-gazing about screwdriver deaths, you've already lost the argument.

Well, that point flew extremely far over your head...here Kindergarten easy:

take guns away, as you suggest, people will still kill....

It's a shame it has to be broken down like that....but whatever....

Old 09-04-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I guess all the anti-gunners are going duck this question. Logical consistency is a *****
I addressed it! Post # 179 You're welcome.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What the "good guy with the gun rhetoric" gets wrong is that mass shooters ambush their victims. Somehow the gun fanatics, who buy this spoon fed nonsense from the NRA, imagine some sort of a gun draw.

How do you stop ambushes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies