Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 05:55 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There is a myth that the NRA has power...but if you do a search here in P&OC, you'll clearly see that the NRA is not as powerful....just ask the dems.....they'll tell ya.....
Thanks, chucksnee for your help. I don't know if it's a myth or not but it seems to have some legs since it was reported on the news tonight about Trump's decision to back off because of the push from the NRA. I guess I'll have to research this myself. I was so hoping that someone with more knowledge on this would help me but I want real information, not something clouded with political beliefs. I really want to know what this power is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 05:55 PM

23,567 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
WHAT?????? Think about what you just said there, Frank. It IS illegal for certain people to not have guns. Convicted felons, mentally ill people, etc.
Bernie wants to give them the vote. they can't have guns but can cast a ballot?

more powerful than a speeding bullet.

the more active felons voting, the better for anti gun advocates. Safer conditions for the felons when on the job. Felons love dems, the dems stand up for felons.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:57 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Whatever. I suppose the Bowies will be taken away too then? And the arrows, broadheads, hatchets, baseball bats, etc. We don't buy ammo at Walmart. We probably have enough to last until we die without buying another round anyway.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:03 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Whatever. I suppose the Bowies will be taken away too then? And the arrows, broadheads, hatchets, baseball bats, etc. We don't buy ammo at Walmart. We probably have enough to last until we die without buying another round anyway.
Corporate America, Education, the Media, Entertainment, and Government are de-normalizing the concept of legal, responsible firearm ownership in society.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:05 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Corporate America, Education, the Media, Entertainment, and Government are de-normalizing the concept of legal, responsible firearm ownership in society.
Yes they are. And I feel for my sons who will have to live beyond us in the world that group creates.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:06 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
I like that it is cheaper than my local gun shop. The local places mark their ammo up a lot. However since I have thousands of rounds of ammo I am not freaking out over it. The last bulk I did was from freedom munitions. They have some of the best prices out there. So now it is online or I will buy on the last day at a gun show when they are trying to unload product without having to take it back.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:09 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,824,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's always struck me as odd that I could buy a gun and ammo at Walmart, but if I wanted to get Eminem's greatest hits or Kid Rock, it had to be the "clean" version or they weren't selling it.
Walmart is often the go-to-store in rural areas. Buying a gun, rifle or ammo is just as common as buying a fishing rod and reel.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:14 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I also just heard this story on the news and I also agree. It's a start.

I do have one question here that anyone with experience about the power of the NRA. Following the story about Walmart, another story followed where the President stated last week he wanted stricter laws on gun control (or something like that) but relented under pressure from the NRA. Here's my question.

What is this "power" that the NRA seems to have over our elected officials in Washington? And why can't these officials get it that we, the people, are the ones they are supposed to be representing, not the NRA?

Anyone? I'm not being sarcastic here. I really want to know why they have so much power over them. Thanks
I am the power. I am formidable. Therin lies your problem.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:14 PM

8,509 posts, read 4,752,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
For a while it was the hoarder's choice. hahahaha. 22's are a lot of fun to plink with, and it is an excellent training round.
Fun is the operative word. I’ll hit up the range with my $80 Llama Comanche .22 revolver and be a 13 year old trying to do James Bond moves with it, blowing through a solid 100 rounds just screwing around. Try that with a .45, .40, or whatever. It makes shooting fun, which is what it needs to be to get folks interested.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:24 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Both? I just want to know what this power is?
It is only that they have a huge number of members (5 million +) and an even greater number of followers that support them (43% of US households own a gun or guns). And they all vote. (Or the politicians think they do)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies