Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 01:04 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Children belong in politics when the adults in politics won't do their jobs. This is going to be her world that's been given to her. She has a right to kick and scream about the unjustness of it.
No they don't. Other more responsible adults outside of the current and long history of useless Ds and Rs do belong though.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:06 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That isn't the issue. If you want to discuss trump go start another thread.

Are you ruled by a 16 y old child?

It appears lots of people on this thread are.
I don't know anybody who is ruled by a 16 year old on this thread. I do see her message gaining traction, and I applaud her courage and tenacity.

Besides, I'd rather be ruled by a 16 year old who is working to try to preserve our planet instead of walking lock step behind a mentally unstable narcissist who is trying his damnedest to destroy this environment.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are you ruled by a 73 year old man-child who is yelling at you? Do you think you should obey his commands?
Make that a 73-year-old man who acts like a 10 year-old. The Swedish girl is more mature than the obese old guy.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:07 PM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Why aren't they doing it? Because it has to start somewhere. It has to gain traction. Baby steps.
Well then, wouldn't a "baby step" be addressing the shipping industry ? Not the UN ? Pleading to them that just reducing the fleet by 15 ships would be the equivalent of 50 million vehicles off the road. Seems to me like that little baby step would be the biggest impact to reducing pollution that has been made so far.

Instead , let's address the world leaders and scold them ? Yeah, flawed logic there.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:08 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Children belong in politics when the adults in politics won't do their jobs. This is going to be her world that's been given to her. She has a right to kick and scream about the unjustness of it.
It isnt the job of any politician to run the climate, regulate the climate,tax behaviours related to the climate, comment in an official capacity on the climate

Old 09-24-2019, 01:08 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
It is funny how the comments in Europe seems to be the same as most of us feel over here about the girl and her act. Crazy liberal family should be worried about babies being killed and anti rape courses in her Country and why they are needed.

This "Greta" sage is back firing so fast and costing liberals to look as the biggest losers.
I'm so happy if Greta decides NOT to get pregnant and not to get any kids! Great decision and I applaud her for that!

Old 09-24-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well then, wouldn't a "baby step" be addressing the shipping industry ? Not the UN ? Pleading to them that just reducing the fleet by 15 ships would be the equivalent of 50 million vehicles off the road. Seems to me like that little baby step would be the biggest impact to reducing pollution that has been made so far.

Instead , let's address the world leaders and scold them ? Yeah, flawed logic there.
I won't venture to address what those steps would be. But the fact that she's igniting millions of others is at least a start. When the majority of people start clamoring for change, that's when you see real change start happening.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is funny how the comments in Europe seems to be the same as most of us feel over here about the girl and her act. Crazy liberal family should be worried about babies being killed and anti rape courses in her Country and why they are needed.

This "Greta" sage is back firing so fast and costing liberals to look as the biggest losers.
I'm so happy if Greta decides NOT to get pregnant and not to get any kids! Great decision and I applaud her for that!
Not sure how this Greta saga is backfiring. I see millions getting on board with what she is saying. You'd think that everybody who will be affected by the environment and climate change, aka all of us, would be jumping on board. Instead, we call names, berate, cast aspersions, etc. Many would rather support a man who is doing his level best to destroy the only planet we have. How is that helping anything?

Old 09-24-2019, 01:18 PM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
I won't venture to address what those steps would be. But the fact that she's igniting millions of others is at least a start. When the majority of people start clamoring for change, that's when you see real change start happening.
Yeah, let's just rally the troops and get everyone fired up, ready to make some changes.....ah...where do we start ?

Old 09-24-2019, 01:26 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Not sure how this Greta saga is backfiring. I see millions getting on board with what she is saying. You'd think that everybody who will be affected by the environment and climate change, aka all of us, would be jumping on board. Instead, we call names, berate, cast aspersions, etc. Many would rather support a man who is doing his level best to destroy the only planet we have. How is that helping anything?

You see millions getting on board? Really, where? Show us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies